Thread: A little help please...

Icon9 A little help please...

I installed the SPQR mod, which looks awesome, but when playing as the greeks once I have taken over maybe 20 cities I am unstoppable... the greeks pull in like 50,000 gold a turn, even when at war with lots of neighboring nations. The victory conditions are set at 155 settlements, and im playing on VH/VH. The problem is... its just too easy! Why continue to take another 135 settlements when NOTHING will present a challenge in my future conquests? I saved up my gold for 3 turns, not spending any, and I had like 235,000 gold. All I was doing was cranking out full spartan armies and crushing everything in my path.

I want a challenge! Anyone know of any nations in the SPQR mod that are difficult to play as that might present more of a challenge than the uber rich greeks? It feels like all I have to do, while playing any faction, is take greece and the money will flow in so fast I wont be able to spend all of it, thus making me invincible with no challeneges! NO FUN! This also ruins any campaigns I could play as any nation that is even NEAR greece because all I would ever have to do is take greece, and bam... unlimited cash the rest of the game. Please help... Thx!

Sean

zinjieu's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: A little help please...

Well...if you feel that you've got too much money, you can always give it out. That applies to the game as well as real life

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

this mod is meant for Rome dude.
    if u want it to be hard play rome and play by the house rules it makes the game so much funner.
    Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!

GaussSoldier's Avatar Tiro

A tough Roman campaign is the aim of this mod. A campaign with any other faction will be a piece of cake.

I take that back, maybe not with the Seleucids. They're surrounded by enemies and ritually die with in the first few years.

SPQR and Easy cant be in the same sentence unless "is not" is in the middle of them.

This mod is meant to be played with the Romans. Only then you'll know the meaning of "Hard", and I recommend you to play on Medium. Don't be so reckless just because you're winning with the Greeks!
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

you should really read the Readme files that come with the mod before you start playing such a monotone campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by LegionOf420 View Post
    I installed the SPQR mod, which looks awesome, but when playing as the greeks once I have taken over maybe 20 cities I am unstoppable...
    Other players said that the mod is made to be played as Romans.
    In fact, in SPQR, all other factions except Rome actually get bonuses to population growth, happiness, and army upkeep (their units cost less than the Roman ones, all else being equal). The Romans are plagued by loyalty issues and rebellions, other factions are not. Furthermore, all the factions (except the Julii) start the campaign being allied to each other.
    You can see now that playing with a faction diffferent from the Juliii WILL be easy. Try to play as Roman, you will get a different story!

Quote Originally Posted by Teodosio View Post
    Other players said that the mod is made to be played as Romans.
    In fact, in SPQR, all other factions except Rome actually get bonuses to population growth, happiness, and army upkeep (their units cost less than the Roman ones, all else being equal). The Romans are plagued by loyalty issues and rebellions, other factions are not. Furthermore, all the factions (except the Julii) start the campaign being allied to each other.
    You can see now that playing with a faction diffferent from the Juliii WILL be easy. Try to play as Roman, you will get a different story!
    To the OP: Remember, they have the money, you have the brains. Know when you can win, and when you cannot, and you'll conquer the world.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

This game is difficult only if you play as romans and follow houserules.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

I'm starting to think with all of these house rules we are under the roof of the big brother house! XD XD XD

Boy is this guy in for a shock when he finds Hannibal...
    (as the Romans)

Quote Originally Posted by Funnage View Post
    Boy is this guy in for a shock when he finds Hannibal...
    (as the Romans)

You know what I find funny? I'm a trading buddy with the Carthaginians.