Thread: Savegame Editor

Default Provincial Campagin

Would ti be possible for anyone to / tell em how to make EB for 1.2 into a provincial campaign with basically jsut the units settlement names and such and not it's own script and loading screens and have it jsut be accesed as a campaign in the main RTW?

I refuse to copy the Bunny pic,
    If you agree post this message of the
    Anti Bunny Alliance

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: Provincial Campagin

Not possible, the provincial campaign will have to sue the same units as the imperial campaign.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Default Re: Provincial Campagin

oh alright thanks

I refuse to copy the Bunny pic,
    If you agree post this message of the
    Anti Bunny Alliance

Default Changing faction during the campaign?

Just a question, is that modable? I mean quite often during the campaing I wish i could change the faction and face my previous empire just to add to the challange - any ideas? Has it been done before?

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Default Re: Changing faction during the campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Heatseekingpotato View Post
    Just a question, is that modable? I mean quite often during the campaing I wish i could change the faction and face my previous empire just to add to the challange - any ideas? Has it been done before?
    Have a look here:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40497

Default The Prologue campaign....

I've got a question... Could the Prologue campaign, Sons Of mars be converted to work in EB? cuz i've introduced a lot of people to RTW and installed EB there pretty soon, normally too soon for ppl to learn the basics of rome... so can the Prologue campaign be reactivated in EB? if not for learning but for the fun of it? it could be a wicked mini-mod. we could use the first tier of units, the camilian units for the romans, but the multi roman factions needed for these are a problem...any ideas on how to solve this? maybe the player could control rome at first, but only have control of the first army to conquer tarquinii... what do you ppl think? is it doable?

[REL] Ig's Barbarian Culture Texture Pack V1:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...49#post3654949

Default Re: The Prologue campaign....

Unfortunately no, not without a lot of editing, as it will reference units that are no longer in the build. Well it wouldn't be that much editing, you would need to change some stuff in the descr_strat for it, and you would need to change descr_region and stuff like that. I don't know about Victoria though, I think we completely decimated her. Also the battle is scripted and that would need to be redone. On third thoughts, I wouldn't even want to attempt it.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Default Re: The Prologue campaign....

If you wanted a mini campaign like that, it would be easier (I guess) and make more sense to just create a new ones(s) from scratch, and have them tailored to a different faction(s).

Default Changeing amount of turns per year?

Can anyone show me how to change the 4 turn per year back into the normal 2 turns per year?

Thanks

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: Changeing amount of turns per year?

That would be a large task.

Not only would you have to alter the script so that the turns per year worked differently, but you would have to change everything that had a date requirement on it. Things, like reforms, that have a certain date you have to reach before they will occur actually have a turn number, and the whole system is based on four turns per year. For example, if you played with two turns per year and didn't change anything, the 220BC Celtic reform wouldn't happen until 168BC and you would never get the second Celtic reform.

Default Savegame Editor

Is there a savegame editor that works with EB? I want to make it so that when I play as Koinon Hellenon my Spartan generals have spartan body guards but non-Spartan generals have elite hoplites or cavalry bodyguards.

Thanks.

Citizen

Default Re: Savegame Editor

It would be easy to set the game up where the starting guys have Spartans or the starting Spartans have Spartans, and then on everyone gets a different bodyguard. However, due to the game's hardcoding, there is no way that bodyguards adopted/comming of age/bribed/man of the houred/etc after the start of the game can have different bodyguards. The beggining bodyguards can be varied, but from then on everyone has the same one. I don't think there is a savegame edittor out there that can change this.

For other purposes, the savegame editor for RTW is called 'RomeSage'. It can cause bugs and problems, though.

Obviously, the data that says where units are located on the stratmap, the number of soldiers in the unit due to casualties, and their morale and experience must be stored somewhere in a savedgame file just like acquired traits for family members are stored somewhere in the savedgame file.

The data has to be stored somewhere. Once its found, why wouldn't it be possible to be modified manually?

My guess is that everytime someone comes of age it should be possible to save the game and alter the file in wordpad or notepad so that his bodyguards are changed from Spartans to something else.

Citizen

I don't think it is that complex, but 'RomeSage' is, as far as I know, the only savegame editor.

If you could get into the code of the game, you could do a whole lot of things, but getting there is the problem/crime.

Crime? Why or how would modifying a save-game file constitute a crime?

Citizen

I was actually refering more to the other things you could do if you modded the code (if you could get access to it), since programs and coding are copyrighted. I don't know if RTW savegames would fit into this, but since there is 'RomeSage', I would guess not.

Anyways, I can't really be of any help, sorry. Good luck, though.