Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How To: Change Faction Religion and Church

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: How To: Change Faction Religion and Church

You 'inherited' that error - it existed already and so far had no adverse effects when playing. Simply correct it as I mentioned and then continue checking the EDB.

So you mean it was there from the start when I downloaded the mod, even though the mod works when just remove the stuff I added at the bottom of EDB
    Still it doesn't matter I put a ; infront of it as you said, doesn't work to start and the EDB validator just makes a new one
    Error parsing line 88: Referenced unit type does not exist in EDU: Contaratoi

And then when i put ; infront of that or even remove it, it just gets a new one

Error parsing line 94: Referenced unit type does not exist in EDU: Toxotae

do i need to have the creating a world - name converter or what I'am doing wrong? If I do, how do I install and make use of it?

If not could. I know it is a lot to ask but could you just check the 3 files i edited for religion change, atleast the areas of the files i did change. the export_descr_buildings, export_buildings and descr_sm_factions files.
    Last edited by Pyrocrax; December 04, 2022 at 05:09 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Notice the different line numbers - the checker will go through the EDB file line by line and stop once it encounters an error.

The "Referenced unit type does not exist in EDU" is a quick fix - simply keep the EDB file open when running the checker. Type a semi-colon in front of the line, save, run checker again. Unfortunately you have inherited errors that apparently need to be fixed first before it comes to checking whatever you have edited in the file. It's a one time affair and the cross any modder has to bear, it does teach to make sure not to release material that isn't properly checked.

Ok thank you the mod works now, the only problem now though is that half of the units in Stainless steel is gone now.
    The ones I added ; to it.

But if I remove it, the game/mod crashes again while the program says there is no more errors to be found.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345