Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How To: Change Faction Religion and Church

Default Re: How To: Change Faction Religion and Church

Quote Originally Posted by Théoric HämmerHörde View Post
    does this work in stainless steel?
    Yes no doubt.

I'm trying to change England to pagan, but can't seem to get it to work. Thanks in advance for any help.

Now this looks promising, ive had it with the time consuming conversion rate of the orthodoxy, BYZANTINES ARE GONNA BE CATHOLIC NOW!
    So i just change them in the descr_sm factions file and it will change?
    Nvm i followed the instructions, but i thought you didnt need the enums files to be changed? I havent change any of them but have changed all instances of Byzantine orthodox buildings in their regions, as well as so that they cant use any orthodox buildings, but i also created a different version of the catholic church for the byzantines, should i have done that?
    Last edited by ErmanesTheSecond; August 18, 2011 at 12:37 AM.

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

Quote Originally Posted by ErmanesTheSecond View Post
    Now this looks promising, ive had it with the time consuming conversion rate of the orthodoxy, BYZANTINES ARE GONNA BE CATHOLIC NOW!
    So i just change them in the descr_sm factions file and it will change?
    You need to add them as a faction for the catholic building trees and adjust the starting religion levels in data/world/maps/base/descr_regions. (unless you want it to be a just happened thing where the population needs to catch up but keep in mind that there will be massive unrest at first)

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Upon following these directions, I'm good until I get to adding buildings. Upon attempting to add a building, I followed these directions exactly to create essentially a church identical to the Catholic church, only Protestant (I already added Protestantism successfully). When I follow these directions (copy-pasted Catholic buildings onto the bottom, added a _p onto the end of everything, changed ownerships to just HRE, England, and Denmark) and save, then start the game, it CTDs on the first splash screen, with no error message at all (as if my modfolder was named wrong, actually, which I already know it's not). Additionally, that export_buildings file does not exist in my text folder, and neither does the export_buildings strings file. What the heck is done wrong here?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Additionally, that export_buildings file does not exist in my text folder, and neither does the export_buildings strings file. What the heck is done wrong here?
    No entry in export_buildings = crash

Download my Bare Geomod set up, it contains the necessary file(s)

This is using your Bare Geomod modfolder, as I've said in my other thread.

Blog Entries

I responded in the other thread.

Excellent tutorial!
    In addition if you decide to create your own religion you might have an issue with the image for the different religious buildings i.e. you might see these images:

and

These are generic images for missing buildings. To fix this you will need to do following:
    1) Create a folder called "buildings" and sub-folder "construction" in your MOD folder\data\ui\CULTURE\ (eg for my MOD: "C:\Game Files\Medieval II Total War\Kingdom_of_Bosnia\data\ui\southern_european\")
    1.1) Copy following images from your unpacked folder\data\ui\CULTURE\buildings (eg: "C:\Game Files\Medieval II Total War\backup\data\ui\southern_european\buildings")
    • #southern_european_abbey.tga
    • #southern_european_abbey_constructed.tga
    • #southern_european_cathedral.tga
    • #southern_european_cathedral_constructed.tga
    • #southern_european_chapel.tga
    • #southern_european_chapel_constructed.tga
    • #southern_european_church.tga
    • #southern_european_church_constructed.tga
    • #southern_european_small_chapel.tga
    • #southern_european_small_chapel_constructed.tga
    • #southern_european_small_church.tga
    • #southern_european_small_church_constructed.tga

1.1a) Paste them in to "buildings" folder located in >>MOD folder\data\ui\CULTURE\<< (eg for my MOD: "C:\Game Files\Medieval II Total War\Kingdom_of_Bosnia\data\ui\southern_european\")
    1.2) Copy following images from your unpacked folder\data\ui\CULTURE\buildings\construction (eg: "C:\Game Files\Medieval II Total War\backup\data\ui\southern_european\buildings\construction")
    • #southern_european_abbey.tga
    • #southern_european_cathedral.tga
    • #southern_european_chapel.tga
    • #southern_european_church.tga
    • #southern_european_small_chapel.tga
    • #southern_european_small_church.tga

1.2a) Paste them in to "construction" folder located in >>MOD folder\data\ui\CULTURE\buildings<< (eg for my MOD: "C:\Game Files\Medieval II Total War\Kingdom_of_Bosnia\data\ui\southern_european\buildings")
    2) Now just change the name of the images to suit the name which you have given to your religion church; for example I have called my religion "Bosnian Church" and as per Dragon Tex instructions in the tutorial instead of "p" (small_church_p) I have "b" (small_church_b) and so forth, and as a result I have made following changes to images inside the folders "buildings" and "construction":

• #southern_european_small_church_b.tga
    • #southern_european_small_church_b_constructed.tga

That's it, hope it's helpful.

„Nos Stephanus Thomas Dei gratia Rasciae, Serviae, Bosnensium sive Illyricorum, Primordiae, Dalmatiae et Croatiae rex“

Hi,

where do I have to put the modified .txt's? Just let them in the Datafolder?

Depends what you're modifying. M2 Vanilla? Bad idea. A Kingdoms campaign? Also not brilliant. If it's a mod, yeah, that's what you do exactly. I'd recommend downloading either Bare Geomod or the Retrofit Mod, then modifying those files. Makes life easier, trust me.

Bellus88's Avatar Ducenarius

Is this save game compatible?

Bellus88's Avatar Ducenarius

Can someone tell me please?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

I've added cards and saves still worked.

I want to change Scotland to Orthodox. I followed the instructions until the part where i have to unpack a file from the DVD.

In this part i must ask:

- Which file am i unpacking and from which DVD(1,2)?

- Where am i supposed to place the moderated file once i finish its editing?

Blog Entries

Creating a World - Unpacking the Game - if you know that you have to unpack you should know which file. Else copy the relevant passage here as I can't see related text in the OP.

Icon6 Re: How To: Change Faction Religion and Church

quote=meryre;3664787]Hi, I know this thread is a little old, but I'm still having problems. I believe I have followed all instructions to the utmost (adjusting them for my faction, of course), but Scotland is still bloody catholic when I start a new campaign. Any advice would be helpful here, I'm at my wits end with this thing...:hmmm:[ quote]

Go to C: program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign, find descr_strat.txt, and then find the faction you wish to edit. Try Changing (faction france, balanced smithai_label catholic
    denari 50000) to (faction france, balanced smithai_label pagan (or the religion of your choice)
    denari 50000).
    That should correct that problem.

Blog Entries

The ai_label entry is related to a 'personality' section in the campaign ai file and has no influence on the faction's religion. The name is chosen for reference purpose only.

hey really nice thread rep. ! can you upload your work ? so i can use it becuase i have tried everything but cannot seem to get it working.

i can modd some things but i really cant get this religion thing to work for me

Blog Entries

Describe what you have done so far. Providing a log may help as well - the location depends on your mod's entry in it's CFG file.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast