Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Byzantium Rises

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

Default Byzantium Rises

with the glory of the Stainless steel support Formar Roman Empire is began to Rise!
    As an emperor of the current Byzantium i will lead the army to the glory. iam going to launch a huge expansion when i reach the 1200 ad until now iam building up my economics and the managments to back up my huge invasions

i will report time to time with my Screen shots with the resolution of 640 x 480 quality (due to the Heavy post)
    and my problems and success full battles
    tune in to watch the Empire rises

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: Byzantium Rises

Sounds good mate!

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Just wait till you got a Jihad called on you

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

iam an emperor with a lots of "AI fooling" tactics so no worries
    and btw thanks "Caesar"

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

YAY BYZANTINE EMPIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL HAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BYZANTIUM WILL LIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Rhetoric is the art of controlling the minds of men"
    Plato

lol i am rebuilding the roman empire whit arogorn only egypt has some medeterien see ports left

well then you arent building the roman empire

ONLY THE GRECO-ROMAN BYZANTINE EMPIRE IS THE HEIR TO THE ANCIENT WORLD!!!!!!!!

not some visigothic kingdom in iberia
    Last edited by Trajan; July 25, 2007 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Careful, don't call people names.

BYZANTIUM WILL LIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Rhetoric is the art of controlling the minds of men"
    Plato

Right now as Byzantium at around 1160 I'm wiping out the Templar order with my trusty allies... THE TURKS. Yes, my relations with the turks are very good and we both help each other out. My reputation is Very Reliable and almost everyone loves me.

And I love Byzantium.

Manuel Komnenos's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by gr33kp1mp777 View Post
    well then you arent building the roman empire

ONLY THE GRECO-ROMAN BYZANTINE EMPIRE IS THE HEIR TO THE ANCIENT WORLD!!!!!!!!
    If you don't know the Byzantines called themselves Romans - Rhomaoi - Basilea ton Rhomaion.
    Last edited by Trajan; July 25, 2007 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Removed insult in quote
    Why we dig up the past? To understand it.

HAIL!!! Byzantium owns all!!! lol, denniz, you know what's funny? while i played byzantium campaign over 15 times and won all of which, i screwed every crusade and jihad that had been thrown on me. I fought them, captured them, and executed all. I keep quiting campaigns after i win, but the furthest i got was destroyed all muslim factions, destroyed all italy, russian area, poland and german area. Basically all that's left is spain, french and english

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Mike, how could you possibly have a crusade thrown on an orthodox faction? It is impossible.

he could be talking about unfriendly crusades coming through his lands, or perhaps they are crusading against him. The pope isnt very nice heck he will even call crusades on catholic factions, so dont rule it out.

The Pope can call a crusade only on an excommunicated faction but he can't do that on an orhtodox faction. It's just impossible, it never happens. And while they are crusading they can't attack your cities. Maybe Mike was having fun attacking crusades going through his lands (a great way to lower your relations with ALL catholic factions)?

delra, k, simple answer, WRONG!!!
    any faction that is in war is papal can get crusaded on...

and ya, your right , i ambushed crusaders, lol, it was actually so funny, what losers, but the time i told you was actual crusade. Crusade can be called against anyone who stands in papal's way...

PS: not just that, the first time i played vanilla, i called a crusade against constantinople, then after that i got bored at the pope so i decided to kill him instead
    Last edited by Mike13531; July 25, 2007 at 04:34 PM.

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Can't wait to see your AAR Chola_Kingdom.

In the mean time, Byzantine is definitely rising in my campaign. It's 1225 A.D. and I have restored the might and glory that was the Byzantine army and launched several campaigns to the north, west, and east. Here's how my growing empire looks now:

and the whole map in 1225:

I'm allies with the Templars because of the Turks but I'm not too happy that they took half the lands in Asia Minor. I might have to call off our alliance and attack them in the near future.

I'm a protector of Venice. I had to fight a nasty war with Milan to get them off their backs. I'm allies with the HRE and we teamed up against Hungary. Hungary now has its back against the wall and I'm thinking of offering them protection. It's either that or they'll be destroyed right?

After Hungary, I'm thinking of launching a massive campaign to take Sicily and eventually southern Italy. That'll probably be one of the major highlights of this Byzantine campaign. I'm just waiting till my southern armies are upgraded.

Why war? Send LOTS of orthodox priests to Anatolia. Templars won't manage to hold against 10 bishops preaching around their city. Rebellion will start very quickly and the city is yours without breaking any truces.

If the rebellion doesn't start, use an assassin to kill their temple or two and if that fails, sacrifice some reputation and send two or three spies in.

They just must go rebel. (Although in 4.0 i have a feeling like it was MUCH harder than in 3.2)

It's dirty but you have to compensate lack of crusades with something, right? :-)

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    Why war? Send LOTS of orthodox priests to Anatolia. Templars won't manage to hold against 10 bishops preaching around their city. Rebellion will start very quickly and the city is yours without breaking any truces.

If the rebellion doesn't start, use an assassin to kill their temple or two and if that fails, sacrifice some reputation and send two or three spies in.

They just must go rebel. (Although in 4.0 i have a feeling like it was MUCH harder than in 3.2)

It's dirty but you have to compensate lack of crusades with something, right? :-)
    I can do that but it's going to be a pain in the ass if I ever plan on taking back the holy lands from the Crusaders. My ultimate goal in the Middle East is take back Jerusalem.

In my current campaign, Byzantium is being slowly crushed by Hungary from the Northwest, and the Mongols from the southeast. I'm allied with them and I guess I could help... but the sooner they get obliterated, the sooner Moscow and the Rus' can make its' claim as the Third Rome!

My relations with my Turkish allies are now Perfect, I have crushed the Templars and I am moving on to Hungary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast