Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven DarkWing's Texture Workshop

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Default Raven DarkWing's Texture Workshop

Here Raven DarkWing the mod leader of Wrath of the Norsemen is presenting his textures designed for CAE mod.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; June 26, 2007 at 04:39 PM.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Default Re: Kalos's Teutonic Textures Workshop

Bwahaha. Gaze in awe at the ultimate awesomeness of the new shields for EVERY TEUTONIC UNIT THAT USES THEM! Next I'm changing the Heater shield textures (The smaller one used by swordsmen and the like) As well as trying to fix various messed up textures. (Is the axemen tunic supposed to be solid black with no variation in it at all? o_O)

Nice shields, Kalos. They don't look too natural, though. I'm not sure if I like them more than the old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalos View Post
    Bwahaha. Gaze in awe at the ultimate awesomeness of the new shields for EVERY TEUTONIC UNIT THAT USES THEM! Next I'm changing the Heater shield textures (The smaller one used by swordsmen and the like) As well as trying to fix various messed up textures. (Is the axemen tunic supposed to be solid black with no variation in it at all? o_O)

Yes the Crusaders tunic were intended to be that way.This question was asked once more.You may view it here:

Originally Posted by george kings
    This is one of the best mod ever tried (along with RTJ), if not the best (stable, new factions, islamic chicks, etc)... dunno if it's a bugg, may be better a suggestion: teutonic crusaders might have had a cross over the chest and not just a complete black dress. Other suggestion is if you can make the armies and agents to march a little longer distances when moving.
    Thanks!
    Thanks for the positive comment on the mod george kings,it's always good hearing someone praising the mod :original:

The dress is not a bug it was intentioned.For the Teutonic Crusaders,when making the textures and messing with the colour and symbols theme,it suddenly hit me that this black dress would nicely represent the dark side and unruly nature of the Germanic Crusaders,for as sure as they were fighting in God's name they were individuals of fierce and chaotic nature.Also if you have read the unit description,you may agree that their dress and style fits their unit description better than the Cross.

For the marches as the mod uses the vanilla map,the movement points are sufficient.If I increase the movement points of the armies,people may face instant sieges coming from a long distance far away army suddenly.
    Or we might see spies as fast as the wind,absurdly spying Staufen and returning to it's faction's city very quickly which might prove to be kind of tasteless.However,minor tweaking may be applied in terms of movement points.

Natural? o_O Please tell.

And the old ones were completely screwed up. As you can see from this screenshot.

http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?i...shieldscz7.jpg

They're Kite shields but they were using Heater shield textures so none of the shield parts really matched up. That's why you have solid black and weapon textures and stuff. Also, if you want them to look more "Natural" tell me what you think I can do to improve and I'll try to change them.

Quote Originally Posted by SirPaladin View Post
    Nice shields, Kalos. They don't look too natural, though. I'm not sure if I like them more than the old ones.
    Hi there SirPaladin.Have you tried Wallachia yet?

And the old ones were completely screwed up. As you can see from this screenshot.

They're Kite shields but they were using Heater shield textures so none of the shield parts really matched up. That's why you have solid black and weapon textures and stuff. Also, if you want them to look more "Natural" tell me what you think I can do to improve and I'll try to change them.
    Well, they'd look great if you added them some kind of border... Dirt, maybe? Something to make it look more worn on the margins, because those get the most destroyed.
    In any case, I see you added some more variety, which is good. Although I don't see the old shields "screwy".

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    Hi there SirPaladin.Have you tried Wallachia yet?
    Yes. I'll do an AAR soon.

How is it possible that only for me are some textures screwed up? I'm scared. My computer must be conspiring against me.

Anyway I'll add more dirt and make wood grain more visible and anything else I can do to make it better. Sound good?

The method used to create the texture weapons and shields is irrelevant Kalos,what is relevant is the result you get.Personally,I like my Shields and the tunics of the Teutonic Crusaders and am satisfied with the result along with many other people who had played the Teutons sofar,never heard from anyone any comment such as yours referring to them as "screwed up " all the time,which is gradually beginning to disturb me.

Your shields are nice,and could be used as an extra kite shield texture variation in the unit "strangemanner" as a variation kiteshield.There is no need to further make a big deal out of it.

No need to start getting hostile. It seems they're only screwed up for me for some remote reason. I have no clue why but they are. I'm not making a big deal out of it. If I am, please tell me how. Okay? Okay.

No need to start getting hostile. It seems they're only screwed up for me for some remote reason. I have no clue why but they are. I'm not making a big deal out of it. If I am, please tell me how. Okay? Okay.
    I'm not getting hostile at all.I'm just emphasizing some points and explaining that's all.

This is how it looks like in everyone's mod,just like yours:

Last edited by Zephrelial; June 11, 2007 at 02:21 PM.

Alright. Time to get back on target. Here's the final update of the kite shields. Tomorrow I'll try to start other shields as well as learn how to use Milkshape 3D for horned helmets!

Carnium's Avatar Civis

Any news about this yet ?
    Just playing as Teutonic Order and would like to spice them up a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Carnium View Post
    Any news about this yet ?
    Just playing as Teutonic Order and would like to spice them up a bit
    Sometime after I opened the thread for Kalos to work on the Teutonic Units,he said he wouldn't continue by PM'ing me.
    I leave the thread open less he changes his mind and work on them.I will also improve the Teutonic Order in terms of textures in due time,Carnium..

Elric von Rabenfels's Avatar The Devil Inside

*Knocks on the threads door*

Maybe I can help you out with the textures for the teutonic order?
    A little more skinning should be inside my time plan
    - What can change the nature of a man?

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Darkwing View Post
    *Knocks on the threads door*

Maybe I can help you out with the textures for the teutonic order?
    A little more skinning should be inside my time plan
    Hello Raven Darkwing,welcome to the sub-forum. I'm honoured by the proposal.

Frankly about the Teutonic Order,I firmly believe no texture even made by God himself will make an impact unless mesh converter and milkshape is used and a Teutonic unit resembling the historical Teutonic Knights is designed with feathers,winged helmets and capes is created.

I'm well aware of your artistic skills and since the opportunity arose,I would appreciate it greatly if you would spare sometime on this issue.Currently Hans Kloss is working on it,I myself am working on it too.

Alright, tell me where I could help, shields or skins

Alright, tell me where I could help, shields or skins

Well as for now; as I explained in the post above,I only need a Teutonic Knights unit that looks like this:

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ZEPHRE%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

Notice their helmets,the horns on their helmets and their capes,some also have winged helmets as can be seen in the upcoming medieval II Kingdoms Expansion pack,For this to be accomplished naturally one needs to be proficient with meshconverter and milkshape tools,

Today I asked Strelac a designer for the Broken Crescent if he himself had drawn the new models for his Georgian King,he answered that he rendered an actual unit and then meshed and modeled it.

So as being a reknowned designer,artist yourself if you can use some same methods and create a teutonic unit similar to the image of above,It would be perfect It would be worth thousands of teutonic textures and shields..
    Hope I could explain Raven Darkwing...

Sorry, I didn't got the message in the last post from you - I thought I could help out a little with skinning, but yeah, without horns and that, they will never be authentic.

No need for the fat letters, I'm not dumb
    Sadly, I cannot model, so it looks like I can't help.

I was just thinking, I could help you, because it looks like your current skinner for the teutonic knights, isn't doing anything

Sorry, I didn't got the message in the last post from you - I thought I could help out a little with skinning, but yeah, without horns and that, they will never be authentic.

No need for the fat letters, I'm not dumb
    Sadly, I cannot model, so it looks like I can't help.

I was just thinking, I could help you, because it looks like your current skinner for the teutonic knights, isn't doing anything
    Yeah I'm obsessed with the actual look of the Teutonic Knights it seems now the only ones that are capable of creating them is AlphaDelta and Strelac.

I'm sorry I didn't put the fat letters like you didn't understand sometimes I just emphasize the letters like that,use that very often hope you weren't offended.If so sorry about it wasn'T intentioned.

Kalos is not a CAE team member and is not my skinner.He designed some shields,and gave me a link,I don't even have the kite shields he designed.If you are willing there is actually some textures that needed to be done especially about Lithuania,but it's completely up to you,if you wish to reskin Teutonic units..

For Teutonic units I guess I could use some partial plate and alternate light and heavy mail designs..But as I said Lithuania has no textures for new units now..But it's your call.

As Kalos probably won't be returning I shall rename the workshops name in your name if you wish?

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast