Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Peloponnesian War - M&B modification

Default The Peloponnesian War - M&B modification

Since Mount & Blade received its own... sub-forum.. I decided I might as well contribute to it.

This is a mod I've worked on with Lynores over at Taleworlds.com. It's not been in the works as long as many of the most popular mods, but its been worked on constantly for over a month. We are moving into the scene building as of July 22nd. Next to come is a few extra features, and dialogues, then testing.

As you guessed it. It's a modification that puts you in Ancient Greece during the time of the Peloponessian Wars.

http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.p...c,23842.0.html

Hope you will enjoy it once its out. Have a look.

Default Re: The Peloponnesian War [A M&B Modification]

I am awaiting this mod with great anticipation

Quote Originally Posted by Kennylz View Post
    Since Mount & Blade received its own... sub-forum.. I decided I might as well contribute to it.

This is a mod I've worked on with Lynores over at Taleworlds.com. It's not been in the works as long as many of the most popular mods, but its been worked on constantly for over a month. We are moving into the scene building as of July 22nd. Next to come is a few extra features, and dialogues, then testing.

As you guessed it. It's a modification that puts you in Ancient Greece during the time of the Peloponessian Wars.

Good work, I'll definitely try it. I like the shields these guys have. So will it incorporate any special formations for your followers?

Is there any chance I might be able to create a character with a more Persian look?

Or is it Greece all the way?

Either way this looks absolutely incredible! Great job!

you sir...just rocked my world!!!

Hattori's Avatar Citizen

I'm so waiting for this mod, I hope they include good formations, or at least a single ranks formation to form a shield wall.

edit- ok they'll have lots of formations
    Last edited by Hattori; July 23, 2007 at 12:36 PM.

Under Patronage of MARCVS

1. We will be advancing Highlanders formations script further, as much as we can.

2. Yes, you can be pretty much who you want. (There will be one dock that is persian controlled, and one dock that is carthaginian controlled. These two docks both offer unique npc's, and a place to buy the exotic equipment they wear.)

More on the battle. We are trying to make the hoplite phalanxes the centers of the battles. Horses are weakened in general, and foot-men given more advantage. There are less cavalry, but since the cavalry will be less dominating, it will have to be used more realistically.

Like charging at the back of a phalanx from behind, or skirmishing. There will also be very good NPC based stories. Naval combat. Good diplomacy, and economy.

I think the towns, and acropolis's will impress people, because Lynores has made so many brilliant looking buildings, and we have really good researchers.

Hopefully, it will all term out lovely.

Edit: If anyone is wanting to help any, there are a couple things that would help us out alot.

Reference pictures for the lay-outs, and look of Greek towns during the time. We already have plenty of them for Athens, and Delphi. You know what I mean? The birds eye view, looking down. So we can get an idea on how to make different, varied, -accurate- scenes for entering towns.

Exotic weapons/armor. Items that would be special, but not fantasy. You would not see the average guy fighting with them, but if you were interested in exotic weaponry, you'd be able to find it. We've already got most of the weapons covered, from xiphos to Falx's.

You know how some RTW mods have horses with the verticle plumes on their hellenistic cavalry, and other assorted head dresses, armour, status symbols? We'll, I've been needing to get around to finding actual reference for those. If anyone has anything like that to add a little spice to the luxory horses, I'd appreciate it.

Nothing that we can't eventually find ourselves, but it would be a big help. Thanks.
    Last edited by Kennylz; July 23, 2007 at 04:16 PM.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. If you're interested in updates regarding development and possible suggestions from the M&B community, make sure you check out the main thread. If you have any suggestions or ideas, feel free to PM me there.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Ill definatly be trying this out when it comes out.

Seiges and the ability to make forts! Awesome!
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Savage_Swede's Avatar Carolus Rex

Wowie, this mod might just be the thing that could make me arsed to buy the game after all

Sig by Lord Rahl
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Europa Barbarorum, what RTW should have been.

Naval combat. Good diplomacy, and economy.
    I'm sold on this!

question though do you actually control the ships?

I could easily implement ships in the world map so the player would be able to control them. There's an issue with M&B current engine though, as it only has one slot for mounts. I would have to switch the horses for ships, which isn't very plausible obviously, or I'd release the mod with no horses at all. Hopefully there will be more slots on new M&B versions, so the feature will be easily moddable.
    "The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Welcome to zee twc!
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynores View Post
    I could easily implement ships in the world map so the player would be able to control them. There's an issue with M&B current engine though, as it only has one slot for mounts. I would have to switch the horses for ships, which isn't very plausible obviously, or I'd release the mod with no horses at all. Hopefully there will be more slots on new M&B versions, so the feature will be easily moddable.
    Sounds like a really cool idea, but to get them to appear to sail on water would probably require some physics eh?

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

PIRATES! (name of the mod) did that and was very successful but they didnt have horses, they made it easier by putting the cities near the coast so you didnt have to walk a long way just to get to a city..

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

So how's this mod coming along? Any new updates we should be aware of?

Default Re: The Peloponnesian War - M&B modification

It will probably take a long time till a beta is released...

Hattori's Avatar Citizen

They were working a lot on buildings last time I went to the forum.

Under Patronage of MARCVS

Are they switching over to version 8.90

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

I could only assume they would if they're still working on the mod. However, it'll take a lot of work to convert the .808 version to .892
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast