Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Final Armenian Genocide Thread, Let's End the Debate Now

Default The Final Armenian Genocide Thread, Let's End the Debate Now

You saw the title. Come at me with everything you got Genocide deniers. Let's see if we can resolve this issue.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Condell's Avatar Civis

Default Re: The Final Armenian Genocide Thread, Let's End the Debate Now

awww not again

Quote Originally Posted by Condell View Post
    awww not again
    Unfortunately the other threads didn't resolve anything, so I want to see if mine can.

Condell's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Drtad View Post
    Unfortunately the other threads didn't resolve anything, so I want to see if mine can.
    ok since you want to discuss just one question..

just wondering what is gonna happen if turkish government accepts this..
    i mean ok the ottoman pashas forced deported and killed your people in 1915s, very unfortunate i agree
    however stuff like this happened throughout history, my people killed the native indians for instance?
    also i am pretty positive you have executed the three main people behind this genocide like enver

why are armenians pushing the turkish government and also other governments such as france to accept the genocide?(i know france did)

what is to come after an offically apology by the turkish government?
    what is the driving force behind this push...

i see this issue as a big part of your diaspora, you are trying to let the world know

so
    you just want to prove a point to the turks by making them accept? you want to make the world recognise how badly turks treated armenians?

or is there a basis for land/border disputes or reperations kind of deal coming after this?
    Last edited by Condell; July 22, 2007 at 10:37 PM.

Jeez, can't we just agree it never happened?

I mean, jeez.
    But mark me well; Religion is my name;
    An angel once: but now a fury grown,
    Too often talked of, but too little known.

-Jonathan Swift

"There's only a few things I'd actually kill for: revenge, jewelry, Father O'Malley's weedwacker..."
    -Bender (Futurama) awesome

Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal.
    -Immortal Technique

that could be the motive for reminding everyone condell or perhaps they feel as if they have been genuinely ignored in history even though they were treated extremely badly-- even the native americans still have soviergn lands within the united states and outside of our law :O ( as reparations for our crimes obviously nothing can give back what was taken :O)

ok since you want to discuss just one question..

just wondering what is gonna happen if turkish government accepts this..
    i mean ok the ottoman pashas forced deported and killed your people in 1915s, very unfortunate i agree
    however stuff like this happened throughout history, my people killed the native indians for instance?
    also i am pretty positive you have executed the three main people behind this genocide like enver

why are armenians pushing the turkish government and also other governments such as france to accept the genocide?(i know france did)

what is to come after an offically apology by the turkish government?
    what is the driving force behind this push...

i see this issue as a big part of your diaspora, you are trying to let the world know

so
    you just want to prove a point to the turks by making them accept? you want to make the world recognise how badly turks treated armenians?

or is there a basis for land/border disputes or reperations kind of deal coming after this?
    Let's take Israel as an example. The Nazis were destroyed. Only a few vestige of their party remained in the new Republic of Germany. This German Republic, which was not the government responsible for the Holocaust, paid large reparations to Jews, and Israel was restored as a country in its entirety, all of the historical Israel was given to Israel. Now exactly this cannot happen for Armenia, because the area of Greater Armenia is faaaar too large for such a proposition (they'd have to ask for parts of Iran, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Iraq for that). The least they could do is perhaps stop the blockade that Turkey has instigated on Armenia which is really constraining its economy, and Armenia could get back territories which the Republic of Turkey took from the Republic of Armenia in 1921 (small area including Kars and the archaeological ruins of the Medieval Armenian kingdom's capital, Ani). That doesn't seem like too much, at least the blockade against Armenia should be removed.

@Da Skinna
    You're not helping much...

Quote Originally Posted by Drtad View Post
    You saw the title. Come at me with everything you got Genocide deniers. Let's see if we can resolve this issue.
    sorry to burst your bubble but you know this issue can't be resolved...there will always be people who deny the genocide

rep me if you like my posts, and it's highly likely you'll get some back

Quote Originally Posted by el_dude View Post
    sorry to burst your bubble but you know this issue can't be resolved...there will always be people who deny the genocide
    Never say never. Anything can be resolved if both sides could just listen to each other and not have closed minds. Tommorrow I'll post which specific event will be debated first.

Indefinitely Banned

While I agree the Armenians suffered great injustices, comparing it to the Holocaust is simply wrong.

The slaughter of the Armenians was effectively an extended and ultra-violent crushing of a minority, not for the the sake of their destruction, but because they were viewed as being actively disloyal.
    Last edited by Miraj; July 23, 2007 at 02:04 AM.

Armenians should get over it. It angers me to see an entire nation walking up to the door-steps of other nations with a "pity-cup" in their hands.

What's gonna happen next? Will Iraqis file a suit against Mongolia For Halaku Khan's invasion and subsequent extermination of Baghdad? Will the Indian state of Punjab sue the British military for the Amritsar massacre? Will Kenyans sue Her Majesty for the slavery, forced labor and a host of other wrong-doings done under her ancestors?

So Drtad, will Armenians stoop so low and ask Turkey to give them money?

Yes, Armenia might have been a "great country" once but since the last millennium or so, Turkey has been the dominant power in the region, Armenia just has to live with that. Trying to get even by making Turkey apologize for a genocide that's questionable at best is a poor attempt indeed at gaining importance.

I think the people of Tunisia should sue Italy because the Roman Empire burnt Carthage to the ground. Similarly, Egyptians should sue Jews because Moses unleashed a series of plagues on them during the whole "let me people go" thing. You see how silly that sounds? Yes, that's just as silly as the Armenians sound to me when they're beating their heads about this genocide thing.
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.

I guess it sucks to be Turks because they dont have a single friendly neighbor. The Greeks, the Armenians, the Kurds and at some extent the Arabs all have problems with them.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Feminists are silent when the bills arrive." -- Aetius

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

jankren, in other words, it sucks to be a former empire. Turkey invaded all it's neighbors at one time but you can't blame them, it was in their blood because Anatolia, itself, was invaded.

Indefinitely Banned

I wouldn't say it "sucks" to be Turks. They are still the powerful party and would gain some respect if they owned up to the many injustices that happened during this time (1920s). They don't need to accept the whole "genocide" rap, but its important to rehabilitate old wounds. Both with the Kurds and Armenians. These people are never going to disappear and its best to just find some way to start a process of dialogue and recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    These people are never going to disappear recognition.

Orly?

Not if the Turks want to get their hands dirty again.

Condell's Avatar Civis

turkey looks like a country waiting to be divided, i mean everyone wants a part of the place

armenians want some regions close to their border, kurds want almost 1/3 of the country to be given back to them and granted full autonomy, establish their own country
    the people around trebizon claim they are descendants of pontus rum and want autonomy...oh yeah and the whole greeks want istanbul back deal

wouldnt an offically apology of the genocide rile up other minorities in turkey? and that looks like something turkey cant afford

Indefinitely Banned

Hmm, I guess when you look at the big strategic picture going soft on minorities could indeed be catastrophic for Turkey.

lol this was probably the 5 th last armenian problem thread but you guys know one thing:
    A deportation is NOT a Genocide and if thousands of Armenians are killed thousands of Turks are killed also
    and if peopel kill each other in a WAR then it is NOT a Genocide!!

This Thread is a proof how effective the propoganda is spreaded

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

oh yeah and the whole greeks want istanbul back deal
    Wrong.
    We don't want it back. People should stop thinking that Greeks want Byzantine empire back.
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

hmm i cant agree with that here is someone who is browsing with following sign:
    Byzantine Empire alive!
    İ can send you a link if you want

Busy!!!

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast