Thread: French Dismounted Chivalric Knights

Default French Dismounted Chivalric Knights

Sorry to make such a short thread but does anyone know how to add the French Dismounted Chivalric Knights back into the recruitment roster? I have been looking forward to playing as the French (cause i love the Scots Guard and now that they are trainable in the citadel its kicka$$) but i also love to use the dismounted Chivalric Knights.

Default Re: French Dismounted Chivalric Knights

also, sorry for going off topic but ive been trying to figure this out since i downloaded the mod: How do you strip titles from generals?

1. Open the export_descr_buildings file in your M2TW/Stainless_Steel_mod/data folder
    2. Scroll down (not very far, maybe 10%) and find the armoury building stats/unit recruitment pool. It will look like this:

{
    armoury
    }
    }
    armoury castle requires factions { denmark, hre, france, scotland, england, knights_templar, turks, egypt, moors, hungary, greek, sicily, venice, portugal, spain, aragon, milan, kievan_rus, }
    {
    convert_to 3
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Dismounted English Knights" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { england, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Portuguese Knights" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { portugal, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Italian MAA" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { milan, venice, papal_states, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Noble Knights" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { france, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Imperial Knights" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { hre, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Chivalric Knights" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { spain, france, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Armats" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { aragon, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Gothic Knights" 1 0.5 3 0 requires factions { hre, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Christian Guard"...

As you can see I have already done the change (in bold) and added dismounted chivalric knights to france. They will now be recruitable from armoury (obviously). I believe this is all you need to do, someone may correct me if I am wrong. I checked in-game (start campaign as France, check building-browser) and they were there.

Hope this works, helps.
    Last edited by Armoured Hoplite; July 21, 2007 at 09:58 AM.

Thank you very much Armoured hoplite, everything worked perfectly.