Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: [Mod] The Last Days (TLD)

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Default Re: 'The Last Days' modification

Giving up on this game. The original is utter turd after playing TLD which would be all well and good if every game didn't end with it becoming unstable for some random reason.

I tried reinstalling it, and I"m sure I have. It crashes somewhere about the 30 day mark though it has stretched to fifty. This time it was a problem in the mesh cortex or something of a cortex raider.

I really loved this mod and wanted to complete it but it seems fate works against me.,

If you were like me you might have only download 2.3 and didn't actually get the 2.3.1 patch without realizing it so just try this:
    http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,597.0.html
    to be safe though it will make current saves useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos32 View Post
    If you were like me you might have only download 2.3 and didn't actually get the 2.3.1 patch without realizing it so just try this:
    http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,597.0.html
    to be safe though it will make current saves useless.
    Nope I got that and checked to make sure it had installed. I don't know what to do, this sustained me through an awful patch of work and I damn well need to complete it but as I say, such crappy instability.

God almighty I can't even recall how many Great hosts Ive buried in the last few days. Im playing as a Rohirric knight named Burnhelm (shut up!). I basically have a fully mounted 49 man killing machine. I've got 3 rewards: the Saddle, Horn and Rohiric sword which gives +2 power strike. I cant get any rewards from the elves because they got crushed. So far Ive crushed Isengard, Moria, Dunlendings, Corsairs. Ive created a Gondorian Patrol over 500 men strong (as it gobbled up captured prisoners). I wish the hosts were more willing to rescue their companions. My party includes, Eothain, Julute, Mablung, Erkenbrand and Orophim (Gondorian dude - sp?) I got the last two from Minas Morgul rescue. I also had Ulfas but he was captured and taken to Isengard. But when Isengard was defeated he's become irrecoverable (quite an annoyance). My main problem is that the allied hosts are weak when left on their own, I spend most times running around the map winning their battles.

You have to kill the Legions to beat Mordor, if you don't have them on oh well.

to bad you cant do a skirmish mission just to see what 1000 on screen would look like.

For some odd reason I can't enter any towns? Is there a different way then vanilla M&B?

*edit* Ok, I was just able too but it took me forever for some reason. I entered Eastfold Inn but I can't enter Minas Tirith, I'm a gondorian squire.
    Last edited by issues; July 26, 2007 at 05:29 PM.
    "Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith.
    Banish me from Eden when you will but first let me eat of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge."

— Robert G. Ingersoll

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Strange, I can enter The Towns just fine.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    Strange, I can enter The Towns just fine.
    For some odd reason I can't enter a few towns, maybe I installed the patch wrong. I might try and reinstall it all later on.
    "Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith.
    Banish me from Eden when you will but first let me eat of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge."

— Robert G. Ingersoll

Are there any mods around that add movie armours to TLD? I really want to play as a haradrim or an easterling, but I don't really like the look of the troops, the movie look for haradrim was so cool (bedouin ninjas!) and so were the movie easterlings.

This is driving me batty, I've reinstalled it and still won't let me enter Minas Tirith or Edoras. Can't figure out what the problem is. Do I have to do something for someone to be allowed to enter? I just started a character.

*edit* Ok! I'm an idiot, I kept clicking the white name on the map and not hovering over until it showed the faction in green.
    Last edited by issues; July 27, 2007 at 09:53 PM. Reason: edit

— Robert G. Ingersoll

Seneca, i don't get your problem... i'm at day 74 so far, and only 1 issue, when the game crashed, because the mesh for a sword i had just equipped was missing. avoid that sword, game fine.

there's a bug report thread on the TLD forums, and the leader is using it to prepare the next patch. if you look through the list almost every bug reported has been fixed for the next patch!

Quote Originally Posted by the Black Prince View Post
    Seneca, i don't get your problem... i'm at day 74 so far, and only 1 issue, when the game crashed, because the mesh for a sword i had just equipped was missing. avoid that sword, game fine.

there's a bug report thread on the TLD forums, and the leader is using it to prepare the next patch. if you look through the list almost every bug reported has been fixed for the next patch!
    Its a problem with me somewhere, god knows.

Can you even order other armies around because that was an instant killer for me.

yeah... works a treat... drag a patrol into harms way, it gets attacked by a host, you join the battle, and the two of us combined can win...

are you sure you have the latest patched version?

also, maybe be hardware issues... i can't play TLD on my laptop, only my desktop, my laptops processor can't handle it.

yeah... works a treat... drag a patrol into harms way, it gets attacked by a host, you join the battle, and the two of us combined can win...

are you sure you have the latest patched version?

also, maybe be hardware issues... i can't play TLD on my laptop, only my desktop, my laptops processor can't handle it.
    I've recently reinstalled it, would be trying it right now but i've been cleaning as I type. Pinny and all that malarkey.

I will next time I get a day off though. So I'll try it next year.

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

I use it but only up to like 500. I don't get too much lag, but your not missing out when it comes to battles over 100, as it seems like everytime I fight one there is just one huge pileup of horses and men in a big circle. I can't give you my specs right now, I don't know them, my comp was a present. I have to ask my dad.

xspartanx_myk's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    So this last days mod, I'm wondering it is based off of the PJ movies or the books? And just how polished is it?
    No, this isnt based on anything I dont think. You're free-roaming with a war party or completing missions for the local lord. And it's pretty seamless except for the fact that the graphics arent that great (but thats just the M&B engine). Hope this helped.

the leader (and i bet his name is gonna get censored lol) Ancient:wub: has indicated that where possible its based off the books, but some elements from the films to appear to have made it in.

The gondorian plate armour from the films is rightly missing, but gondorian infantry helms look remarkably similar i've noticed. Other descriptions of uniforms designs and equipment are taken from the books.

as for plot... its not an RPG plot. you're a captain in one of the factions in the War of the Ring. regardless of the events of the books, you're fighting to win by defeating the other factions, which you do by steadily eliminating the hosts and patrols of the enemy, and killing their heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by xspartanx_myk View Post
    No, this isnt based on anything I dont think. You're free-roaming with a war party or completing missions for the local lord. And it's pretty seamless except for the fact that the graphics arent that great (but thats just the M&B engine). Hope this helped.

Well I noticed some screenshots showing the PJ stylized Corinthian inspired helms for Gondor so I thought I would ask. I tried it going head on against some Uruks without trying to level up and ended up getting my tail handed back to me several times.

I like the sound effects they make and the modeling/skining looks pretty good, but I'm one that really likes the graphics in M&B anyway. I know they could be better but I think they did an excellent job in modeling and animation with limited poly count or even compared with M2 for that matter if you look at the horses for example.

the leader (and i bet his name is gonna get censored lol) Ancient:wub: has indicated that where possible its based off the books, but some elements from the films to appear to have made it in.

Well it's not like you're posting his real name so I don't see a point in censoring it. It's his responsibility to consult with T.Ent. anyway and I'm sure he promotes his mod under that name on the official forums although I don't know.

The gondorian plate armour from the films is rightly missing, but gondorian infantry helms look remarkably similar i've noticed. Other descriptions of uniforms designs and equipment are taken from the books.

as for plot... its not an RPG plot. you're a captain in one of the factions in the War of the Ring. regardless of the events of the books, you're fighting to win by defeating the other factions, which you do by steadily eliminating the hosts and patrols of the enemy, and killing their heroes.

That sounds cool overall, but as with most of the mods it seems to have kept the over all ease of play i.e. letting you go every time you get captured etc... but that's another thread (one I lost during the backup heh...).

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Does anyone still play the .751 version?
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!