Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Mod?

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Default Re: Favorite Mod?

My favorite so far has been A Shield Lying on Water. I love that you start out as a prince, instead of a level 1 nobody with no money.

Dukes and Mercenaries and Pirates are also fun. The first one I like the renaissance setting, and the second one is just great fun, even though lots of things need lots of work.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Serious samurai View Post
    TLD is a great mod, although, I'd have preferred the Easterlings, Uruk-hai and Haradrim to be more like the ones in the films, other than that, it's great.
    I take that as a great plus. Peter Jackson's visualization of LOTR probably killed any individual imagination of Tolkien's world for decades.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

My only problem is with the Gondor troops I think they'd look so much better in platemail rather than their chainmail.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos32 View Post
    My only problem is with the Gondor troops I think they'd look so much better in platemail rather than their chainmail.
    I disagree there. I thought the movie plate armour looked bad - a mail hauberk and surcoat look so much better (plus it is more accurate).

Did I say movie platemail no I have to agree with you on the movie platemail looking ugly, I'm just a platemail fan chainmail just looks so dull to me.
    Last edited by Kamos; July 22, 2007 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangalore View Post
    I take that as a great plus. Peter Jackson's visualization of LOTR probably killed any individual imagination of Tolkien's world for decades.
    i agree on most of that thought, however i think the movie did a good job at making the evil races of men actually look evil. in the mod they dont look so much like that. but other then that....

Played Onin no Ran all weekend, almost without a break, goto love that empty milk carton so you dont even need to get up to take a piss.

It is absolutely fantastic

TLD is good but I think Onin no Ran just beats it for me (having recently just played both for the first time)

plus I encountered a few more CTD bugs in TLD, which is not being criticial because its such an ambitious undertaking

cheers to all the mod makers really
    Last edited by YunDog; July 22, 2007 at 11:30 PM.

I like Onin but nobody ever seems to have a quest for me and when they do give it all I do is deliver a message across Japan.

Yeh Ive had a bit of that action - it does force you to explore and some of the bandits can have some nasty surprises.

I tend not to get too caught up on the quests, I find with mods thats where stuff often disconnects

Ive been wondering if once your given a quest, the other towns wont give one until that ones finished

Ive also had a couple of different ones too

atm Im looking for Chinese silk for the General guy in charge of the Hosakawa people but he only gives missions rarely, and another one to find some ink sticks, which now Ive been looking around, the merchants have different stuff depending on which town.

Theres a lot of nice stuff for future builds - like the Dojo/sword saint path and the dualists
    Last edited by YunDog; July 23, 2007 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    My favorite so far has been A Shield Lying on Water. I love that you start out as a prince, instead of a level 1 nobody with no money.

Dukes and Mercenaries and Pirates are also fun. The first one I like the renaissance setting, and the second one is just great fun, even though lots of things need lots of work.

I've played the Roman mod and A Shield Lying on Water. I have to say for right now Shield was the only one that really appealed to me.

You start out a prince as said. You choose your own background at the beginning a lot more story than the vanilla which is ok, but not required to keep me interested. I know some will like that a lot. However once you get playing it's really interesting, because it's like being a character the MTW2 world. There is a whole lot more diplomacy and kingdom management that you are directly involved in as a prince. It feels almost like a living strategy game.

Edit: Let me add regarding the Roman mod by one of our members, it looked great the fighting is really cool. But it was very unfinished.
    Last edited by Armatus; July 23, 2007 at 06:39 AM.

These days TLD and Onin no Ran are definately the strongest. Back in the day (pre .800) I really liked A Shield Lying on the Water, Pirates! and especially 1066, which had a number of very interesting features and also had someone from the TW community involved in the research (Anthony) I understand that their next version is on hold though, and apparently you have to pay for it.

Dark Age of Calradia was another mod I was really looking forward to before it died, made by another TW-person (ScionTheWorm from the org) I guess I also enjoyed my own mod, Age of Fire and Thunder, though it's impact was modest.

In the future, I'm really hoping that one of the post-Apocalypse projects will come to fruition, setting seems perfect for the MnB engine.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

My favorite at this point is Battle for Sicily and form time to time Native or Calradia at War, though I downloaded TLD yesterday and from what I've played it seems fun but I couldn't download the patch so I don't know how that will effect me.

WImPyTjeH's Avatar Wimpy of the Sore Ass

Quote Originally Posted by -apocalypsis- View Post
    I disagree there. I thought the movie plate armour looked bad - a mail hauberk and surcoat look so much better (plus it is more accurate).
    I second that. I like this one better.

TLD for sure !!

W

Quote Originally Posted by Ikusa IX View Post
    Currently I find myself going back time an again to the fantastic dukes and mercenaries mod.The Excellent usage of their modified smoke coupled with the balance of armies you encounter transmits well with the pike and shot era it is presenting,a very good mod i would recommend to anyone that is eagerly anticipating the renaissance mod for M2TW
    Where can I find that mod?

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

TLD is the mod for me...

TLD appears pretty polished I'll give it that. But I have fallen in love with MAW's Murder Mod... it's terribly unfinished and buggy, but MAW is actively laying the framework for the only hardcore mod of M&B and has tons of potential and some very creative features like trading equipment with your henchmen, a gigantic map with tons of towns, castles and villages, plus the main attraction is that it adds a real sense of fear for being captured or killed. That might be too much for some folks, but it sure makes low levels far more strategic and exciting. Best thing is when you advance you really feel like you've earned it.

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

I'm loving Battle for Sicily myself. HUGE map, loads of factions, complex war mechanics, and you get your own Fiefdom (I believe you can eventually work your way up to Lord...)

I'm currently building up a force of Greek and Sicilian troops in the service of my Byzantine overlords. It's all good
    morecuriousthanbold.com

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

I like Onin no Ran and the Mesoamerican Mod. Both very good if you're into historical settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

Never heard of the Mesoamerican Mod got any screens you could post in our sticky thread?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast