Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do black people keep trying to claim Hannibal?

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Why do black people keep trying to claim Hannibal?

I picture Hannibal as looking like Eric Bana. Not sure why

LegionnaireX's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by The Super Pope View Post
    I picture Hannibal as looking like Eric Bana. Not sure why
    Nah. Eric Bana is too tall, thin and queer looking. I picture Hannibal being an Arab Russel Crowe.

Erik's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Farnan View Post
    As had been said before: Moors are of mixed ethnicity. They had Arabs, Berbers, and Blacks.
    That's why I said mostly blacks.

Hannibal's bust made while he was alive : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal

Hannibal on a coin and Hasdrubalwww.livius.org/ha-hd/hannibal/hannibal.htmlal

They look quite white-race to me .
    EUROPA SEMPER CAPUT MUNDI

Hey look its the Moorish Ambassador.

Felicissimus the face on that coin is not Hannibal.
    Last edited by removeduser_487563287433; July 19, 2007 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post

Felicissimus the face on that coin is not Hannibal.
    Well I dunno what a "melquart " is but supposing the coin is of Hannibal as the inscription says,perhaps that is a god-like reflection of Hannibal like the romans glorified Augustus and ceasars as gods .I don't know the exact english word .The other one depicts Hasdrubal as well .
    EUROPA SEMPER CAPUT MUNDI

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by morteduzionism View Post
    There is only one race: human
    Homo Sapiens is a species, not a race.

Plus Moor is a seriously ancient word that has applied to various areas at various times.
    QFT. Didn't the Romans name a Berber area Mauretania?

Quote Originally Posted by felicissimus View Post
    Well I dunno what a "melquart " is but supposing the coin is of Hannibal as the inscription says,perhaps that is a god-like reflection of Hannibal like the romans glorified Augustus and ceasars as gods .I don't know the exact english word .The other one depicts Hasdrubal as well .
    Melqart is one of the semitic Gods. But yes, you may well be right about it being a mix of Hannibal and a god like Augustus and Apollo or Alexander and Apollo.

Quote Originally Posted by SirPaladin View Post
    QFT. Didn't the Romans name a Berber area Mauretania?
    Well yes. Don't think they would have made up the name. The Moors were major players in the Second Punic War. They were not the same Moors that ruled Spain - but were in at least part their ancestors.

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

i think at the end of the day is that black people in north africa were and seem completely different to those of west africa and south africa like i said it is the same u could say with other countries for an example in europe with different types of people English, French, German, Spanish etc etc. honestly i think africans of west africa and the rest had nothing to do with those of north africa and were well excatly the same as them too.

so their histories have no relations or links what so ever so any one of those channels try to claim emperor severus was black or someone dark from north africa well it has nothing to do with them since their people have no such relation or blood to them.

Juvenal's Avatar love your noggin
    Patrician Content Emeritus

Although I can't suppress a slight shudder at the prospect of the Vin Diesel treatment of Hannibal, there is some small hope. Vin is apparently a Hannibal enthusiast and plans to do the film in Greek Latin and Punic - Mel Gibson style. So whatever finally appears (if anything), it won't be a standard Hollywood action flick.

In the mean time I am more than happy with the BBC TV drama documentary of Hannibal played by Alexander Siddig. He seems rather well cast as Hannibal not only because he has the right look, but also because he has sufficient screen presence and charisma to convince me that he could have been a leader of men (something that Colin Farrell completely failed to do for me in Alexander). I believe that Alexander Siddig is actually Sudanese.

Too many eyes. I suppose that's before the alps.
    Anyway, maybe Vin will do a good job. He looks reasonable for the part and is not muscle head, he's actually quite the nerd.

-Conan the Barbarian-'s Avatar Vicarius

Here are some North Africans.

Mediterranean (Libya)

Nordic (Algeria)

Upper-Paleolithic (Morocco)

http://racialreality.110mb.com/north_africans.html
    Too many eyes. I suppose that's before the alps.
    Anyway, maybe Vin will do a good job. He looks reasonable for the part and is not muscle head, he's actually quite the nerd.
    indeed, he used to play D and D
    It has been surmised, that perhaps, my lord had become like a wild animal that had been kept too long. Perhaps, but whatever... freedom... so long an unremembered dream, was his.
    The children of Doom...Doom's children. They told my lord the way to the mountain of power. They told him to throw down his sword and return to the earth...HA!! time enough for the earth in the grave.

Woad-Warrier's Avatar Vicarius

Isnt that Zinedine Zidane?

Quote Originally Posted by Woad-Warrier View Post
    Isnt that Zinedine Zidane?
    Yeah he's of North African descent right?
    It has been surmised, that perhaps, my lord had become like a wild animal that had been kept too long. Perhaps, but whatever... freedom... so long an unremembered dream, was his.
    The children of Doom...Doom's children. They told my lord the way to the mountain of power. They told him to throw down his sword and return to the earth...HA!! time enough for the earth in the grave.

Civis

Yup, he's from Algeria.
    This might not be the Real Tordis_Umulius, the profile might be hacked, at least there is showing up a bunch of nonsense in certain parts of this Forum. I DO NOT POST IN DISCUSSION AND DEBATE.

mongoose's Avatar Domesticus

I don't see how claiming Hannibal is black is so much worse than depicting Jesus as a white European looking guy.

That's an excellent point.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    I don't see how claiming Hannibal is black is so much worse than depicting Jesus as a white European looking guy.
    They are both wrong however. We shouldn't say "well they depict Jesus as a white guy so we get full reign to depict Hannibal, Cleopatra and even Caesar as black guys."

mongoose's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by -Conan the Barbarian- View Post
    They are both wrong however. We shouldn't say "well they depict Jesus as a white guy so we get full reign to depict Hannibal, Cleopatra and even Caesar as black guys."
    I'm just saying that there are worse, much more common misrepresentations going on. I'm going to hazard a guess and say that Jesus is more important to most people than Hannibal.