Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Why do black people keep trying to claim Hannibal?

-Conan the Barbarian-'s Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Why do black people keep trying to claim Hannibal?

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    I'm just saying that there are worse, much more common misrepresentations going on. I'm going to hazard a guess and say that Jesus is more important to most people than Hannibal.
    Well what did Jesus look like? We have aot of evidence to what Hannibal looked like and disregarding that is ignorance which I think is worse than "misrepresenting" what a religious figure looked like. Jesus is more spiritual to people than Hannibal who is more of just an historical figure obviously.
    It has been surmised, that perhaps, my lord had become like a wild animal that had been kept too long. Perhaps, but whatever... freedom... so long an unremembered dream, was his.
    The children of Doom...Doom's children. They told my lord the way to the mountain of power. They told him to throw down his sword and return to the earth...HA!! time enough for the earth in the grave.

How Hannibal looked is more important to me then how Jesus looked. If the people who try to claim Hannibal find Jesus more important, then I think it is in their hands to of used the same money to fund a show where Jesus was black.

My opinion on that.

And damn, this thread blew up over night... I really don't have alot to respond to though, except everyone who keeps telling me. "Why does it matter?"

It matters because I don't like the revising of history to fit one groups needs. Is it so greedy to just want to keep my own historical figure historically accurate? It's not like I'm trying to claim Leonidas when '300' came out. The man was a Phoenician, and I happen to be Lebanese, so I think I should be allowed to have my own claim on him, like anyone with their own nation, and ethnic heritage can claim its own people.

I think American Indians should honor their ancestors.
    I never bark back when Mexicans talk about ancient Aztec ancestors.
    Greeks love to claim ancient Greeks.

I think it's wrong to go after me just because I'm not Hannibals grand child. I get it. What he did doesn't directly reflect on what I will do, but for the sake of inspiration, and history, atleast try to portray him correctly!

Gah.

Oh, how I wish a big atomic bomb was dropped on this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    What pride would that be? Big guns, drugs, killing each other and finding it cool? Being the most criminal population in the US?
    Oh...lordy, lordy....smite this thread and all who dwell in this thread

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Jesus was Jewish, not black or white. The people who say he was black bring up the lines that his hair was like sheep's wool, or nappy. Well a lot of Jews have nappy hair too.

hey, guess what?

If black people are wrong for making jesus black then white people are also wrong for making him white, aren't they? We're both equally wrong on this one, but really...is adopting things from other cultures and morphing them to better reflect your own really such a foreign concept? The romans stole their entire religion from the greeks, for black jesus' sake....

Go black jesus, go black jesus, its your berfday, its your berfday. woop woop!

Woad-Warrier's Avatar Vicarius

God is British. Yes he is.

Quote Originally Posted by -BulletproofTurban- View Post
    Oh, how I wish a big atomic bomb was dropped on this thread...

Oh...lordy, lordy....smite this thread and all who dwell in this thread

Why do you want me smited, and nuked? I never said anything about gangsters.

rofl, I don't want you nuked, I just want these threads nuked because they inevitably piss me off. Any thread having to do with black people will inevitably piss me off...be it rap, affirmitive action, racism, slavery...no matter what is is, someone eventually says things like what Anarion said and I have to restrain myself from wishing them an untimely, grisly death.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by -BulletproofTurban- View Post
    rofl, I don't want you nuked, I just want these threads nuked because they inevitably piss me off. Any thread having to do with black people will inevitably piss me off...be it rap, affirmitive action, racism, slavery...no matter what is is, someone eventually says things like what Anarion said and I have to restrain myself from wishing them an untimely, grisly death.

*high fives Rzzza, only to be left hanging*

Oh, sorry. I didn't want it to really go there, but I knew there was a danger it would. Still, the topic is important to me. Everyone is allowed to have peeves. I myself get mad sometimes just because people try and act like I should just shut up.

Vin Diesel is a quarter black. And yes, Vin Diesel does look pretty damn Mahgreb to me, and not black.
    Flamer Extraordinaire.

nah, I like what you said kenny, although I find myself disagreeing with you on one point. You say you resent it when people try to revise history, but they revised history when they turned Jesus into this:

So why arent white people self-ridiculing? Why do they save that ridicule for only the black people, when they decide to believe that Jesus was black?

As for hannibal, well, I believe they turn him into a black guy for the simple reason that carthage was an africa kingdom which did indeed employ many numbers of blacks in their armies, although hannibal himself was not black, people choose to look to him to reinforce their own afrocentrist beliefs. Fine, if its not him then its black jesus, or marcus garvey, or dr. king, or malcolm x, or huey newton, or booker T, or Frederick Douglas...or...etc...etc...

The point is that people want to identify with the accomplishments of some historical figure to make themselves feel better, to hieghten their self esteem, to feel like part of a group, to feel pride and a sense of meaning.

People adopt foreign ideas and morph them to fit into their own nationalistic and ethnocentric views all the time. All...the...time...

Yeah, but I don't like it. There are so many people in the world that anyone can find someone that actually 'was' like them, to adopt as their historical idol/role model/source of pride.

Without having to steal others away. Honestly, the black Jesus thing was for pride, and also to spite white people who did it first.

The different with Hannibal is, no one knows, or cares about actual Phoenicians, so its not theft, if no one else is claiming him right?

Well, someone else does claim him, and they are the same group of people who never claimed Malcolm X.

I'll put my cards in though. JESUS WAS PHOENICIAN!

Indefinitely Banned

Jesus was everybody. As are all spiritual figures.

Erik's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Kennylz View Post
    I'll put my cards in though. JESUS WAS PHOENICIAN!
    *Ahum* half Phoenician.

Muhammad was Irish?

Woad-Warrier's Avatar Vicarius

Jesus was British.

The English turned away from Jesus during the protestant reformation, everyone knows that you now walk the path of the dark side, in Lucifer's shadow.

Is that anything like under Satans umbrella?

no, satan wouldnt want you to have an umbrella, he'd want you to get soaked because he hates you.