Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Combat 1.21 Mod for SSv4.0

Default Re: Real Combat Mod for SSv4.0

Ok chaps here is the score. Confusion is now officially over.

Right. If you downloaded from the FILEFRONT link that first went up and are having CTD's, you need to do the following:

EITHER redownload the link in its new MEGAUPLOAD state and extract as before

OR download the separate EDU and projectiles file also in that first thread.

If you have already downloaded the MEGA UPLOAD one (available in the last 5mins) then you are GOOD TO GO and need do nothing

Easiest way to check what version you have is to open up the zip file you downloaded and see if you have a descr_projectile file. If you do, you're fine. If not, you have the filefront link

Tomorrow we'll delete the additional files and leave just the megaupload link

Sorry for the confusion once again

Shaeff

Quote Originally Posted by HakanSherif View Post
    One word Brilliant.

Thanks a lot guys , i will do more testing tomorrow but if the results are smilar, this is definetely the winning combo. AI acted really good , never saw AI so good, doing repeated cavalry charges, archer damage is good, cavalry charges and melee dmg are good, Horse archers are good at ranged , weak at melee which they are supposed to be. I will have to test more against different battle conditions will take some time but so far it looks very good ..

Hearing things like this makes it all worthwhile Sounds like 4.0 has been heroically saved for you!
    30 Mis-spellings of Shaeffer and counting!

[quote=
    Hearing things like this makes it all worthwhile Sounds like 4.0 has been heroically saved for you![/quote]

Indeed mate, you guys made my day.

Now I can actually start playing a campaign and do my own tweaks. Wonders if baths are added to Turkish building tree as Hamams.

GLAD TO BE OF SERVICE

Now all I have to do is fix Mike's mod, for he has laid seige to the commuinity with vim and vigour

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
    Paul Ehrlich

lol, BRING THE RAMS!!! , fix what mod?

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

which one have you been whining about all night y'daft sod

/fluffle Teh Mike

Your conquerable units one I think
    30 Mis-spellings of Shaeffer and counting!

oh ya, , , kidnap Shaeffer and Quark to do slave labor on merging mods,
    NAH i'm jk, ya well.. i guess i really wants it bad

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

I am trying to d/l the stand alone file for archive purposes but its giving 404 error, is it me or something wrong?

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

looks like the playable mongols are stable, just need to add some UI cards then I can post them onto you

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

HakanSherif, I just download from mega and files for old version and both worked ok, so I am afraid its at your end. If you get stuck send me a pm with email and will go that way.

Paul Ehrlich

First bug report, altho I was going to mention it before I just got carried away and forgot it becoz i was very happy hehe.

My horsearchers have the bow/arrow icon even when they are not shooting , it only disappears when they are moving which can be quite frustrating in big battles when I need to be careful to see which unit is doing what. I will keep testing but so far combat looks awesome, general units are no longer Guderian's panzers.
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

THANK YOU for potentially saving me from having to revert back to 3.2 due to ridiculous cavalry/missile unit behavior. This is very much appreciated, thanks again for your hard work .

Darth! Thank you. If I were a priest, you'd get an Indulgence.

HistoryProf, cough cough, thats Quark and Shaeffer (+PointBlank and all those on the main RC thread)

Paul Ehrlich

Thanks a bunch guys, the RC system works great! +Rep for both of you for your hard work converting it to SS

awsome work guys, been a fan of ubai since grand put it out as well as rc just wanted to throw in my thanks as well. makes 4.0 that much better

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Awesome work guys! I was always interested in RC but didn't want to have to stop using SS to implement it. D/l'ed your files and cant wait to try it out

Edit: I've installed the RC changes...one question: how can I tell if they're installed properly and working?
    Last edited by Caesar Clivus; July 19, 2007 at 12:02 AM.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Just spent some quality time with RC + UAI mod. Note these are just initial impressions but here goes;

The bad:

-Cavalry charges too strong. I am wiping out entire units instantly with one charge.

-Some infantry units seem too weak for their cost/upkeep compared to similar type units, but this will require much more testing to form any kind of educated opinion.

-Some mercenaries may need a price/upkeep adjustment as they are better than the units you can recruit and just as cheap. Again this will take alot of time and experience to really be able to tell.

The good:

-I love the different/unique starting formations of armies, they seem much more logical.
    -Cavalry is very expensive, I really like this. Now I feel like I am paying for upkeep of man and horse, but the payoff is a powerful unit. Try to spam them and your economy will go down the crapper, as seen here --> .

-Balance changes like long range missiles for horse archers, etc. allow new tactics to come into play, a break from the norm is always good to renew interest.

The OMFG I LOVE YOU I WANNA MAKE OUT WITH YOU...:

-As a dedicated Hungary player I can tell alot of effort went into this, and the illogical units in relation to their unit recruitment area have been eliminated. Bosnian archers are now better archers than peasant archers, Royal Banderium are actually better than Chivalric Knights and worth recruiting, dismounted Chivalric Knights (even though not recruitable by Hungary anymore ) are better than dismounted Feudal Knights, etc. This makes the entire unit roster useable and makes it a big deal when you upgrade your unit production buildings, opposed to it sometimes being meaningless. This is a huge plus for me.

Overall my impressions are positive, but it will require alot of testing and seat time to really see how good/bad it is (of course being only my opinion, which doesn't really mean s...)

Thanks again Quark and Shaeffer, much appreciated. Also, I encourage others to share their experiences/opinions of this combat system, as it is always interesting to discuss such matters .
    Last edited by Armoured Hoplite; July 19, 2007 at 03:41 AM.

Hungarian Chiv Knights (both dsm and mounted) are slightly worse than other factions chiv knights. I think I know why, but that is not for this thread.

I will definetly try this mod out.

I know whhyy, that is what I meant in my above post. Dismounted chiv. knights have 3 less shield value than Spain's for example, while the mounted chiv. knights have 1 less shield value. In this mod dis. chiv. knights for hungary have 6 shield value and are just better units than dis. feudal knights (2 more armor instead of 1), but are not recruitable in SS 4.0 as far as I know. Anyway, Royal Banderium for example were identical to chiv. knights but had a 70 more upkeep cost, but in this mod the RB are simply better units, as it should be. That is my point, the higher tier units are actually better/elite units instead of mis-priced units with illogical stats. And don't even get me started on how idiotic the vanilla/castle recruitment thing is . As Hungary, there was no reason to build stables at all from castles as you could produce up to chiv. knights just from upgrading the castle itself. The only reason you would ever build stables is to get to RB, which as I said have identical stats to DCK's and are more costly to maintain. It is absurd, but I could go on and on...
    Last edited by Armoured Hoplite; July 19, 2007 at 12:54 AM.

My god great! Lancers are finally the actual ultimate knight!