Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Real Combat 1.21 Mod for SSv4.0

Default Re: Real Combat 1.21 Mod for SSv4.0

Mike
    Just tested a Custom Battle with all seige equipment on both sides and all work fine. Used Darth and my Ai files, both fine. Make sure you have the latest EDU, last page now, otherwise its something else. Have you been playing with the projectiles file?

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
    Paul Ehrlich

Question regarding archers. Is there any point to using Sherwood Archers anymore? In vanilla they were 2hp units, justifying their 45 man unit as opposed to the regular 90 (large unit size). So, are they even worth using when Retinue Longbowmen are available?

DrunkNIrishMan
    Ummm... Good Point . I think we may need an increase in range and accuary for these units to give them back there edge.

PS: they do have better attributes, but thats not enough).

Fixing now. RC 1.22 is not that far off, but I am looking to see SS4.1 first.

Paul Ehrlich

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

is crossbows are limited to aiming at only parallel range instead aiming little higher and shoot?
    if they "only"shoot parrallel that would be cool [but iam worry many factions will suffer]
    after watching the KK's Link about the bows i think we need to setup the crossbow,s range shorter and lot's of time consumer but more deadlier in targets
    longbow's range farer and fewer time consumer but average 75% power as crossbows
    is this right?

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

Chola_Kingdom
    There is a discussion going on about reload times and trajectories, so yes this point is being looked into.

Paul Ehrlich

um, yes, i have played around with projectile files, but nothing to do with trebuchet and catapults, but whatever man, i'll just use siege weapons instead, no big deal.

edit: oh ya, is this "SSv4PlusRC121_UBAI" the lastest?

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

This thread seemed most appropriate for this question:
    Is it intentional that Sherwood Archers do not have stakes? Every other English longbow-type does... Is it because of their improved hide?

(Edit)Another question:
    Is it intentional that all variants of longbow have lost their AP?
    Last edited by Neumanf15; August 14, 2007 at 10:07 PM.

Wolfcp11's Avatar Senator

Yes and yes
    "Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit." -Oscar Wilde

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Hm, where is the main forum of RC?

I think the thread in the Released Mods subforum

A thread??? But isn't it too little for a mod like this?

I checked the forum, it has no posts at all. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=213

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=111093

There's the thread, it's in the Mod Threads>Released Mods section

delra you are arriving kinda late for RC, there is a 55-page thread here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82671

That takes it from day 1 Most of the works has been done so not so much more to discuss really, though 1.3 will really improve things I think

55 pages??? Oh no.

We (I) demand (beg for) a new forum specifically for discussing RC! This mod deserves a forum more than most of those "Released mods" out there. :-)

I think most of the discussion is mostly over, I was right all along haha j/k. Nah, there isn't really the volume of discussion now to warrant its own forum probably. But 1.3 will be out shortly, maybe today. The only 'big' decision left to make is whether to increase pike unit mass somewhat, I doubt that will take all day! But that other long thread is interesting if you have a spare day or three

I vote yes, it's the only way of making them deal better with charges and many people complain about pikes not being good enough in holding their formation.

By the way, it's funny that 1.2 original thread is 11 pages long and 1.2 for SS is 14 pages long.

SS people seem to be harder to please. :-P

The thing is, people have an idea about pikes holding formation based on their own ideas but not necessarily backed up by history. There are numerous instances of heavy (very heavy) cavalry riding completely through pike squares. A quote from a discussion about Pavia:
    'The fully armoured Gens d'arme, riding barded horses could, and did, charge completely THROUGH opposing pike squares on many occasions. At Ceresole in 1544, and as late as Dreux in 1562 the French Gendarmerie managed this feat against both Landsknecht and Swiss Pikes. Not that they did much good, but they certainly were able to occupy the opposing force of pikes, forcing them to stop while other Arms were able to then move into place. The classic is Marignano in 1515, where Francios I's Gendarmes held the Swiss in place while his Artillery made lanes through the densely packed blocks of Pikemen.

Per the effectiveness of horse armour: It was of course thinner than that for a man, but still effective against pikes and lances, though perhaps not against halberds. Arquebuses could easily pierce them... at close range, just as they could usually pierce the armour of the riders at close range. But at much past 100 yards, due to the extremely poor ballistic co-efficient of the round ball moving through air, the velocity of the bullet was reduced sufficiently to make the horse and man all but invulnerable.'

Now what is your vote?

OK pikes and polearms have a small mass boost.

Ok. You win. :-)

Just don't make them too weak. There is still a lot of evidence from that timescale showing that pikes (very often not professional ones) were quite easily able to absorb a direct charge of professional cavalry.

One that I remember very well is a battle of the Golden Spurs, somewhere around 1300.

My point is, it shouldn't be easy to break them!

EDIT: Ok! I will have fun with them as soon as somebody makes a port to SS. :-)
    Last edited by delra; August 15, 2007 at 12:33 AM.

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

after a long time later (and played using the RC) i am posting here to reply about the RC Combat mod
    it has all the positive things to be in SS mod but.. except one thing. this units stats seriously need to be rechecked, because it seems unbalanced.
    Janissary infantry- they seems newbies in the battle
    and the missile units (i love the quality arrows for deserved units) need to be rechecked because they are carrying unlimited (average 30) arrows which seems to be shooting it until the battle time ends(impossible)
    some units have stats of wrong units
    for example Billmen have stats of Janissary heavy inf so please check that out even though they have been purposely put it ,it doesn't seems to be fit in.
    feudals vs mounted seargents seems balancing in the battle ???
    so please recheck the units
    otherwise projectile,wall,pathfinding are perfectly matched

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC