Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Combat 1.21 Mod for SSv4.0

Default Re: Real Combat Mod for SSv4.0

Hi Messenger42...welcome to my signature

Yes, the new units are all included and balanced for SS4

However, due to new versions of RC coming out thick and fast the new units are a version or two behind..so basically they might be 1 pt here or there out
    30 Mis-spellings of Shaeffer and counting!

Hi Quark & shaeffer,

Once again, I must take my hat off before you! (is this an English expression? )

As always, absolutely great work and I highly appreciate all your efforts and contributions!

I assume this will please many people who aren't satisfied with Darth Mod in SS 4.0...

A very BIG thanks, mates!

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Thanks! you guys are good and quick! much appreciated....

Im going to toss my hat in the ring of thank yous here guys!

this mod turned out to be a great one. I dont think I have seen anyone else able to add in new factions that seemed to just...flow with the campaign with the right balance of look and unit roster.

Once you guys added in the RC conversion that just sealed the whole deal for me. Great work Quark and Shaeffer. And of course great work King Kong!

Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    HistoryProf, cough cough, thats Quark and Shaeffer (+PointBlank and all those on the main RC thread)

Freudian Slip? In any case, you're all getting Indulgences, because I'm a Priest of the Mod Cult now...

Have about finished balancing the archery accuracy values for RC and, in reference to what was being said earlier, the longbow is slightly more accurate. In any case, Retinue Longbowmen will now outshoot Genoese Crossbowmen, and would do even better if the game were using historical rates of fire. I can't think of any more to add to RC at the moment so I'll release it shortly, which will allow Quark and shaeffer to catch up without dealing with a new beta every 10 minutes

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Have about finished balancing the archery accuracy values for RC and, in reference to what was being said earlier, the longbow is slightly more accurate. In any case, Retinue Longbowmen will now outshoot Genoese Crossbowmen, and would do even better if the game were using historical rates of fire. I can't think of any more to add to RC at the moment so I'll release it shortly, which will allow Quark and shaeffer to catch up without dealing with a new beta every 10 minutes
    Great work Point Blank. I am loving RC

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Yeah, it's a great mod, combat seems so...uh...real

Hi PB!

Do you plan to include and balance all the new mercenaries units that's in SS4 in your latest release?

Thanks!

As far as I know, shaeffer and Quark will be applying the RC framework to all units in SS4, but they aren't part of 'vanilla' RC 1.2.

Thanks PB!

RC is great, Thanks for all the work and efforts you put in there. I followed your thread in RC and knows that you are very detailed and historically correct in creating RC, your discussion and inputs with Konstantine, Granviz, DrBeast and many others...helps makes this the standard in battle mods.

Are you still in Thailand?

Thanks for your kind words, half the fun in modding is interacting with the community. Yes still in Thailand, lived here for a couple of years now.

Was just playing as Denmark and came across English Huscarls as mercs, this is about 20 years in so most units do not have very good attack and the huscarls had 12 so i was wondering if shaeffer or Quark had updated their values in RC? because this didnt seem right to me as the recruitable huscals from Danish castles only have attack of 5

High attack units like that are from a slightly older version, once up to date the attack will drop to about 6 and the animation will change.

Is this using RC1.0 values or RC 1.2 values?

1.2 - but is currently on the last beta release, we're updating it to 1.2 release values as we speak

So basically, this current download is 95% right
    30 Mis-spellings of Shaeffer and counting!

Shef can you give the range values for archer types, seems the range of archers is increased quite a lot.
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

Put as a one file You big brothers!
    because it confuse this Newby chola to which one i have to download

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

Just d/l the first link mate, its not a big d/l anyways they made a mistake with some files at the beginning thats why those files are still there for the ppl who d/loaded that file . They corrected afterwards.
    Est Sularus oth Mithas

Hey- First, thanks to the people that both made RealCombat and SS and took the time to mod them together. RC seems to make the game a lot more fun- you actually have to counter cavalry with spears/pikes, as one would expect.
    However, this leads me to something of a problem- I love playing as Denmark, but they have almost no spear units, and no pikes whatsoever. This leaves them in the uncomfortable position of having no real counter to cavalry- a unit of mailed knights suddenly becomes a bloody nightmare to deal with. How exactly does one counter heavy cav wityh the Danes? (spear militia aren't quite cutting it)