Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Combat 1.21 Mod for SSv4.0

Default Real Combat 1.21 Mod for SSv4.0

The link below is to a real combat mod to SSv4.0. It contains Serious Sams Pike mod +UBAI+RC1.21+all the great work by KK on the new EDU.

We suggest that you BACKUP first and unzip to your \Stainless_Steel_Mod\data folder, saying Yes to overwrite. You will find that Generals are less of a combat machine and that units should be balanced more. We would like to stress that this in no way detracts from the great work done by Darth or KK, its just that Sheaffer and I are fans of the RC method of unit balance.

Try it, and if there are any balancing issues (as we suspect there will be, KK worked to hard and gave us many new units), then report them HERE. Do not create any other threads. We have tried to incorporate some of the KB information as well, but expect further versions of the EDU.

These changes are save game compatible

UPLOAD OF NEW VERSION: http://files.filefront.com/SSv4PlusR.../fileinfo.html

Best of luck all.

EDIT: It has been decided for the sake of clarity to have one download (see above) which we will update. It means a bigger download but less confusion with people not knowing which files to use. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

PS: Some people have been kind enough to give +rep for this work. Could I ask them to visit http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82671 and do the same to PointBlank please, as, so to speak, I merely follow in his footsteps.

Much appreciated

RC for SS team Quark+Shaeffer
    Last edited by Quark; July 27, 2007 at 03:20 AM.

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
    Paul Ehrlich

Default Re: Real Combat Mod for SSv4.0

Cool thanks a lot Quark and Shaeffer.

Have you tested if this balances out the Darth battle system? I love the Darth AI but some of the units are unbalanced, like missile units and light cavalry.

I would test it myself but I haven't the time for the moment.

EDIT: almost forgot Shaeffer <(Spelled it right the first time)
    Last edited by General Danilius; July 18, 2007 at 03:59 PM.

"Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue...but if you can you should only do things you love" - Bruce Dickinson
    -Member of S.I.N.

Cheers, downloading now, will test it with turks and see how it is. Since i am not gona play 4.0 as its i have nothing to lose anyways. heh

Quick question tho, do i need to install into SS or Mtw2 folder?

Great, can this be added to an existing campaign?
    Epictetus: former slave and stoic philosopher

Quote Originally Posted by General Danilius View Post
    Cool thanks a lot Quark.

Have you tested if this balances out the Darth battle system? I love the Darth AI but some of the units are unbalances, like missile units and light cavalry.

It replaces darth system. which is GREAT.

nice work!

I canīt run the mod. For some reason, when i try to run the game after putting the RC files in the game CTD after the loading screen. With the backup of the original files it runs ok.

Does it happen to anyone else or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help

Icon14 Re: Real Combat Mod for SSv4.0

He spelt my name right!

Yeah just to clarify that the choice people need to make at the moment is to either go RC units with Ultimate Battle AI, or to stick with DarthUnits & DarthBattleAI. Sadly this is not a pick and mix, as RC causes animation oddness with Darth.

I think I'm right in saying that 'standard' units are completely up to date now, but that the new units that KK added are probably about 90% correct, with a few discrepancies which'll be ironed out in a few days. Fortunately though, I think I'm right in saying that any new releases of the EDU will be save game compatible and should slot right in.

Basically this is the Pareto Principle at its finest

Enjoy!

Shaeff
    30 Mis-spellings of Shaeffer and counting!

The test I ran before was

One Scottish Mailed Knight vs One English Armoured Swordsmen(Better Armour / Attack)

Even standing still they beat up the swordsmen, which was not the case in vanilla 3.2

Now

Standing Still - get killed
    Repeated frontal charging they win

So I feel this is about right. Need to check other units, especially new ones, but thats what the commuity is for, we will happy take on the conversion, but its hard to test every combination, so please report back any findings.

Paul Ehrlich

Quote Originally Posted by eusKai View Post
    I canīt run the mod. For some reason, when i try to run the game after putting the RC files in the game CTD after the loading screen. With the backup of the original files it runs ok.

Does it happen to anyone else or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help

In your Medieval2 directory, there should be a text file called system.log

Can you copy paste the last few lines of that into a post? Will help ID whats gone wrong

Shaeff

Pike mod?? wow, i changed my mind, thx quark, i'll give it a shot. Btw, byzantine pikemen are newly created right? can they have the new pike textures too?

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

Quote Originally Posted by scivian View Post
    Great, can this be added to an existing campaign?
    To the best of my knowledge yes, although you're probably best off restarting as I'm not sure it'll take advantage of UBAI. Basically, if it goes BOOM, that'll be why

Shaeff

Quote Originally Posted by HakanSherif View Post
    SS

Quote Originally Posted by General Danilius View Post
    Cool thanks a lot Quark and Shaeffer.

Have you tested if this balances out the Darth battle system? I love the Darth AI but some of the units are unbalanced, like missile units and light cavalry.

EDIT: almost forgot Shaeffer <(Spelled it right the first time)
    So much love!
    This one replaces both Darth Units and Darth AI with RC units and UBAI. Sadly it causes probs when you mix RC and Darth. I think following 4.0 Darth's has got a lot of unfair press really, its a great mod but needs a lot of tweaking in its SS incarnation really at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Mike13531 View Post
    Pike mod?? wow, i changed my mind, thx quark, i'll give it a shot. Btw, byzantine pikemen are newly created right? can they have the new pike textures too?

Not sure I follow what you mean :p
    Last edited by shaeffer; July 18, 2007 at 04:05 PM.

Here they go:

23:00:28.218 [system.io] [warning] open: Stainless_Steel_Mod/data/text/event_titles.txt.strings.bin is missing

23:00:28.218 [system.io] [warning] open: Stainless_Steel_Mod/data/text/event_titles.txt is missing

23:00:28.218 [system.io] [warning] open: Stainless_Steel_Mod/data/text/event_strings.txt.strings.bin is missing

23:00:28.234 [system.io] [warning] open: Stainless_Steel_Mod/data/text/event_strings.txt is missing

23:00:29.140 [script.err] [error] Script Error in Stainless_Steel_Mod/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 2776, column 24
    stat_pri statistic refers to non-existant projectile type 'cav_crossbow_bolt'

23:00:29.140 [script.err] [error] Script Error in Stainless_Steel_Mod/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 2776, column 24
    failed to read statistic for unit type 'Mounted Crossbowmen'

23:00:29.140 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file Stainless_Steel_Mod/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

Edit: thereīs no descr_projectile.txt in the download, isnīt it needed for the projectile types of RC?
    Last edited by eusKai; July 18, 2007 at 04:06 PM.

Pretty please?
    Opps sorry shef didnt see you already replied, gracias senor.

eusKai, works fine on ours, obviously, so check your system log and report last three lines please, so can try and figure out.

Edit, OK missing Projectile for mounted crossbowmen, give 5 ticks.
    Last edited by Quark; July 18, 2007 at 04:08 PM.

Paul Ehrlich

Shaeffer, i meant Serious Sam pike mod, since Byzantine guard pikemen are new units, will they get the new textures as well?

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

i already reported them, it seems something related to projectyle types

Instant CTD after loading screen for the first time for me with no error message. Yea found in the log its about vmounted crossbowman lol too bad i saw it after i uninstalled 4.0.
    Last edited by HakanSherif; July 18, 2007 at 04:15 PM.

aye hold fire a few secs. Missing file Will be there in a mo

Quote Originally Posted by shaeffer View Post
    So much love!
    This one replaces both Darth Units and Darth AI with RC units and UBAI. Sadly it causes probs when you mix RC and Darth. I think following 4.0 Darth's has got a lot of unfair press really, its a great mod but needs a lot of tweaking in its SS incarnation really at the moment
    I personally think the Darth AI is great, only problem lies with the unit stats which I think should be rebalanced. Hopefully a future version of DM will have rebalanced units while having improved AI

"Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue...but if you can you should only do things you love" - Bruce Dickinson
    -Member of S.I.N.

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast