Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Real Combat 1.21 Mod for SSv4.0

Default Re: Real Combat 1.21 Mod for SSv4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    Err, you changed the range, not the skirmish. That's controlled in battle_config.xml file which is something I am looking at for the next release. Have spoken to KK and now have a better understanding of what the 'quality of unit' was meant to be in new factions. I will do a further update today to reflect this. Will probarly throw in a different Battle Ai as well, from my experiences with the Ai tests.

Seperately I intend to test Snapafist campaign Ai, which has been getting good feedback as its a bit more aggressive
    Ok thanks, Quark. Re. the skirmish probs - PB pointed that out in a post that was lost when the server went down. The increased range appeared to improve it so I thought I'd mention it is all.

antares24's Avatar Campidoctor

hello, i posted this in the SS4 bug list, it was said that Real combat is the cause, can someone confirm this, and tell me if a fix is already avaiable? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by antares24 View Post
    hi, first, great mod, i'm really enjoying it
    i want to report that i have seen that the old charge bug is happening again in SS4.
    Basically, when one of my units charge, a dozen or so men actually reach the enemy, while most of the others stay behind and avoid fighting (cowards ). This seems not to happen 100% of the times, but still a lot.
    bye and keep going with the good work on this mod
    Factum est illud, fieri infectum non potest

"Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldn’t even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back.” Heraclitus

delra's Avatar Praepositus

We will see in 4.1 if DarthMod merger into RealCombat fixes this. I never had that problem in DM, so probably yes. :-)

christophus
    The EDU should not cause that, so it might be the Battle Ai doing it. I suspect a collision reaction time might be the issue, but need to look at this.
    1. Are you using the latest EDU? (see above)
    2. Are you using the latest Ai (Battle Ai thread)

delra
    Are you saying that in pure darth mod this does not happen? If so could you load that EDU so I can compare please. I have the Battle Ai and am trying to get to grips with what all the values do.

Thanks

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
    Paul Ehrlich

I don't remember them splitting into groups when i played DarthMod. The EDU was from vanilla SS 4.1 so you can get it from filefront. I don't have a copy, i don't need one, i love RC and won't go back. :-)

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    The EDU was from vanilla SS 4.1
    4.1?

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

OK, you meant SSv4 with Darths Battle Ai. In which case the issue is defineately with the Ai. (I have a copy of all origianl files especially the EDU).

I been thinking about the Knightly guilds;
    Q. Are the troops you get from them to powerful for the early game?

They are counted as 'elite' troops, but I am thinking it may be an idea to make them 'quality' instead, as they are an easy way to beat the Ai. Any opinions from those who have played in a campaign with these guild troops.

Paul Ehrlich

I've had Dismounted Hospitaller Knights and Hospitaller knights get crushed, as well as my Templars, so I'd say "no". They're expensive enough to compensate for their strength, especially early in the game.

If you want to weaken them a little (I know this is a different file...), maybe only make the Mounted or the Dismounted available at the Minor Chapter House, but not both...

OK, you meant SSv4 with Darths Battle Ai. In which case the issue is defineately with the Ai. (I have a copy of all origianl files especially the EDU).

I been thinking about the Knightly guilds;
    Q. Are the troops you get from them to powerful for the early game?

They are counted as 'elite' troops, but I am thinking it may be an idea to make them 'quality' instead, as they are an easy way to beat the Ai. Any opinions from those who have played in a campaign with these guild troops.
    to me it seems they are ok, they get beaten by the enemy if you use them in a bad way, and they're so expensive that early in the game you can afford only a few unit of them

could you take a look at the charge issue i talked about in the previous post? thanks!

"Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldn’t even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back.” Heraclitus

antares24
    It's one of the thinks I am looking at in the Battle tests. So far with the combo charges seem Ok, but its one battle, so hard to tell. The ways and wherefores of Darths and GrandViz's different decisions are sometimes hard to figure. Mind you they have been at this a lot longer.

Edit: Just to confirm - you are using the base GrandViz Ai and the latest EDU release (above) and getting this, yes?
    Last edited by Quark; July 31, 2007 at 09:56 AM.

Paul Ehrlich

antares24
    It's one of the thinks I am looking at in the Battle tests. So far with the combo charges seem Ok, but its one battle, so hard to tell. The ways and wherefores of Darths and GrandViz's different decisions are sometimes hard to figure. Mind you they have been at this a lot longer.

Edit: Just to confirm - you are using the base GrandViz Ai and the latest EDU release (above) and getting this, yes?
    thanks for looking at these problem i was using the "vanilla" SS4 and i noticed this problem, then i have installed Lusted Ai files and the problem is still here, so i suppose that is a problem not related directly with the Ai-formation and so on files (however thats just a supposition)
    edit: i just looked at the other page and see the new EDU file, what has been changed? I will give it a try and report you if the problem is still present.
    Last edited by antares24; July 31, 2007 at 01:35 PM.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

I have to say, I very pleased with RC for SS. The general's guard not being overpowering anymore is enough for me but I really like the changes that were made to the EDU.txt, the walls and towers being stronger like they were in real life, and latest battle AI that Quark supplied in the other thread. Keep up the fantastic work.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

okay, I'm a bit confused here. After playing SS I found the generals overpowered and saw this handy thingy which seems to correct that. So I downloaded it and actracted into the SS data folder. But now I see in this thread all the talk about UAI and stuff, do I need to seperately download it or is everything included into the download in the OP?

thanks in advance
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

UAI is built in in SS 4.0.

Maraud
    As delra stated the UAi of GrandViz is included in this mod. However I am trying to see if this can be beaten by other Ai's just to make sure that this mod has the most challenging/smartest Ai out there. If can find/make such then I will include it in the next update. I will also include a increase in smoke from guns (it's more historic and looks cooler).

Paul Ehrlich

Scuse me for not responding Quark, i'm a little lost with all those files ai, rc, darth... so i take the last version of RC121_Update.zip in your post of this thread, and its very fine for me too so how, why... a little hard for me to follow all of you... sorry

#Quark i have tried your new EDU, the "charge problem" seems to be still here, even if i have the impression that it happen less now. I will keep trying it, apart from and Delra you too experience this?

good job quark + shaeffer!! i thought i'd hate this, but the cavalry seems just fine, in fact, even better than darth mod , CHARGEEE!!!

anyways, i have a bug to report, catapults and trebuchet is not working in my game anymore, they just won't fire

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

antares24
    I tend to get spread when I attack on unit and then change my mind and attack another. Not all men pull out of the combat, which could be because the formations are to tight now. Will have a play and test.

Mike13531
    Umm, strange no one else has said that, will add them in to Custom Battle and test with above.

Paul Ehrlich

i had that in both custom and campaign.

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you