Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Lands to Conquer 3.0

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Default Re: Lands to Conquer 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Banzai! View Post
    Just one question, is LTC compatible with Blood, Broads and Bastards?
    Here,from gfortune:
    http://files.filefront.com/LTC+30+En.../fileinfo.html

Indefinitely Banned

Thanks man. BBB is indispensable.

GREAT WORK lusted.

I have to say this mod makes playing MTWII much more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier View Post
    download 1.4 of my addon (but don't install it) just take the file descr_faction_standing.txt I think it is, and put it in your data folder. It makes the AI not go after you simply because you are human. They still backstab and are aggressive, but its not as extreme. This only effects VH difficulty.

I play this way and its much better of course.
    Thanks a lot Garnier... I'll do it tonight, I have already downloaded 1.4 before but I dind't intsall it because you said you were still working on it
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

Actually now it may be better to get the file lusted posted in the campaign AI thread, and make the change yourself. Just find the part about balancing for very hard difficulty, and change the -0.5 to 0.0

@Lusted

I noticed something strange, I'm making 240 per turn on merchant trade even though I have no merchants on any resources. How does that work? Is there something else thats calculated as merchant trade?

Also the battles are way too easy, because the AI just routs almost on impact in my battles.

No, my generals dont have dread or any traits that do it.

I don't understand how they have such bad morale, but when my danish army charges the HRE stacks, they rout after losing 1/4 of their men, very quickly, and then we pursue them all down. They lose an entire stack killing only 20-50 men, and then I get a ton of money when they ransom them back, then rinse and repeat against the same troops. My men also get tons of experience that way, because pursuit is the easiest way to get experience.

I'm going to turn morale off until I find out why this is happening (I hope its not normal) and I am using LTC 3.0 files for battles and everything. I haven't changed it myself I'm sure.
    Last edited by Garnier; July 27, 2007 at 09:53 AM.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Tiro

I read that units were reballanced for 3.0, how is it with gunpowder weapons? I know they were very downpowered in older version, how is the current setup in comparison to vanilla?

I have a question. Is there some trick involved to get more than 17 loading screens to work? My game crashes if I have make more than 17 of my own.. and I don't understand why.

Retired moderator of TWC

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Nothing special required for it, just make sure your saving it in the correct format.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Which is a .tga correct?

My game also crashes if a tga that I make does not have a blank alpha channel.. If I give it a blank alpha channel then it works. Strange.

Retired moderator of TWC

Yeah it's a .tga. What program are you using?
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

tgatool3

Retired moderator of TWC

Ebusitanus's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    Yes there will be. Probably this weekend.
    Any new ETA for 3.1?

Probably this weekend, i've delayed it so i can get the changes to the campaign ai i've made into it.
    Creator of:

Where can we put our LTC 3.1 suggestions? I'm sick of the terrible vanilla diplomacy AI and REALLY encourage Lusted to use at least some elements of UAI. I continue to have backstabbing alliances left and right... It's just plain dumb. Stainless Steel is looking ever more tempting as I dick around with LTC diplomacy.

Indefinitely Banned

Lol - each to their own I suppose but personally, I'd much rather "dick around" with LTC's diplomacy than the traits and supply systems that SS 4.0 is using.

Wouldn't life be boring if we all liked the same things.

Meh, I don't like the traits and supply systems in SS4 either, hence my specific request for UAI advisory, not Byg's traits... read the thread.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    ... read the thread.

That's what I thought I'd done.

I took your previous post to mean that your dissatisfaction with the AI currently used in LTC was inclining you back to SS4, traits and supply et al.

Where can we put our LTC 3.1 suggestions? I'm sick of the terrible vanilla diplomacy AI and REALLY encourage Lusted to use at least some elements of UAI. I continue to have backstabbing alliances left and right... It's just plain dumb. Stainless Steel is looking ever more tempting as I dick around with LTC diplomacy.
    I was simply stating that, for me, the current LTC mix is preferable at the moment.

Well smitty, if you have a look round the LTC forum you would find this thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=100534

So yes there will be better diplomacy and campaign ai in 3.1.

And 3.1 may not be out this weekend, i have just had a rather good idea for the rebel faction that is purely cosmetic but i think adds more depth, there will be screenshots once i've done some work on it.

EDIT: well, the idea took less time that i thought to implement:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=113894
    Last edited by Lusted; August 04, 2007 at 04:23 PM.
    Creator of:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345