Thread: Janissary Heavy Inf. even before turn 10?

Icon10 Janissary Heavy Inf. even before turn 10?

For the hell of it I thought I would make a turkish game and start a Jihad on Constantinople almost right off the bat. It went well and everything, got 12,000 florins from sacking it, but I noticed something..

I could build a Dar al-Imara right away, and what does that give me? Janissary Heavy Inf. It's turn 5 right now and takes 4 turns to make this building. Has anyone done something like this before?

I can just picture how it's going to be this early in the game with Janissary..

Default Re: Janissary Heavy Inf. even before turn 10?

Yes. All you need is a city to build a Dar al-Imara. Whenever I play the Turks i start with a jihad on Constantinople which is a small city. JHI are expensive to train but very strong in mêlée. If you upgrade them with armor and with a swordsmith guild you will be unstoppable during mêlée.
    To acquire a swordsmith as the Turks build a leather tanner, destroy it and build it. Do this for a lot of turns and you will get a swordsmith guild.
    Officer to a soldier who refuses to fight: There three types of soldiers who don't have to fight. They are called KIA, MIA and POW and you are not one of them.

Tosa will be missed.

Hmm, it does seem like it will be very unbalanced having them this early in the game. Oh well, I guess this will be fun!

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Volcan View Post
    Hmm, it does seem like it will be very unbalanced having them this early in the game. Oh well, I guess this will be fun!
    Try my Eras and General Mod for units to appear in their proper medieval ages they belong to:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...do=file&id=995

Also you may try my CloudsAcrossEurope mod,that includes the same system as well..

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1301
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Hmm, I just tried this and I don't see the Jannissary Heavy Infantry anywhere.

I'm playing vanilla MTW2 with patch 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by The Mongol View Post
    Hmm, I just tried this and I don't see the Jannissary Heavy Infantry anywhere.

I'm playing vanilla MTW2 with patch 1.2
    Hmm, there should be an upgrade to the town hall buildings. Maybe when you got it they had not upgraded it far enough?

You can make them once you make the Dar al-Imara.

Ohhh, it's part of that chain of buildings. I see, thanks for the info.

This is good ... but what is best in life?
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.

Hahahahaha, I just renamed Constantinople to Istanbul and I can build Jannissary Heavy Infantry and Jannisary Archers from it.

It's my ultimate elite pumper outer