Thread: Vassaling

Krusadr's Avatar Civis

Default Vassaling

What are the benefits of having a vassal?

Default Re: Vassaling

You get their territories added to your count for victory conditions.
    You get a fraction of their income.
    You get military access to their territory.

Its nice to have, hard to do and not essential.

PS If you attack one of their allies they will break of from being your vassal.

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
    Paul Ehrlich

can they attack you back? or does it make it to where they're incabable?
    Not changing signature until Oklahoma University wins the national championship. (Started 8-18-07)

While they are your vassal they can do nothing against you. The only way they can escape is if YOU break it by attacking their allies.

Paul Ehrlich

Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    While they are your vassal they can do nothing against you. The only way they can escape is if YOU break it by attacking their allies.
    Really? I broke vassalage by attacking the faction to which i had submitted - or do you mean any comp controlled factions who have become your vassals wont touch you except for the situation you give?

Marto's Avatar Semisalis

I got "HRE and the Polish have become Client Kingdoms" on an end of turn scroll last night and didn't have a clue what it meant!

Then I realised by looking at the diplomacy scroll that they had both become vassals of Denmark...

Problem was, Denmark attacked me then and I thought 'oh dear', all three will come at me now. Then I had a moment of genius. I was cosy with old Popey so I got him to call a Crusade on Constantinople, and bingo, the Danish king joined, and their attack disintegrated as they all ran off to slay Muslims.

It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.

Plato

Yes, I mean your vassal, the computer faction, cannot attack you. I have never been anyones vassal, but if you can just attack them anyway, I would call that a bug.

Paul Ehrlich