Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Do women doom their own selves regarding equality?

Default Do women doom their own selves regarding equality?

Edit: Thread should of been titled. "Do women hurt their own cause regarding equality?" I tend to use dramatic language when first making a thread.

I don't want to make a drawn out statement, since its been talked about before, and is pretty aparrent, but it seems like calling men, and women equal in this day, and age is patronizing. Sure, they are more equal then in any other time, but come on, its almost like some sort of running inside joke.

Intellectually, women have equality. There really is no difference between a female scientist, and a male scientist. Its about as pure as equality as the sexes go. Everything down from there though, you start noticing it becoming less, and less equal.

Art. In everything except music, there is usually a level of equality among the sexes, but once we drift off into the realm of music, depending on the genre, women are exploited on such a level that it blows my mind, and the funny part is, alot of them dance to the same degrading lyrics without a whimper of protest. Oh well, its cool, and you don't want to be seen as some feminist butch right?

Business. There is no avoiding it. On one end of the spectrum there is the independant, power CEO women who are corporate savy, and make a ton of money with the men, and on the other side, you have women who prostitute themselves for favors, and advantages. The same reason they do it, is the same reason that they will never be taken as seriously as a man in their position. It's really shameful, and dissapointing that it still happens so often, which it does, though more, and more it is being kept at lower level positions.

Relationships. We all already know about this one. Unless you are dating a feminist, not alot has changed, except women are sexually liberated, and give it up easier. For this, I say boo equality, though this spills over into domestic disputes in which the male is always irrested regardless if he had a bullet in his neck, and the woman was holding the gun.

Athletics. Men and women will never be equal in any athletic sport, ever, unless women form a dna cult focused on fundamentally changing their body types. Sure, there are hard as steel Korean female kick boxers who could destroy men, but the amount of effort a woman has to put into reaching the same result as a man, and the stigmatisms toward them in society, well, its just not there. Theres a reason men, and women are seperated even in less physically demanding sports like Golf.

I've seen professional WNBA players get beaten by male amaetures on reality shows, on basic will of force alone.

So, whats the views? Am I a chovonist pig?
    Last edited by Kennylz; July 12, 2007 at 04:24 PM.

Default Re: Do women doom their own selves regarding equality?

Yes you are t3h pig.

OP makes the mistake of implying only men have sexual desires. Men can prostitute themselves out for favours too.

You just speak the plain and simple truth and if in some peoples eyes that makes you a pig then so be it.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

Indefinitely Banned

humanity is what really dooms equality - that and allowing our strong to reproduce with our strong and our weak to live, for thousands of years....

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Feminism, although it may seem to bring about "equality" to women I believe that is brings further exclusions and inequality to society, mostly to men. I've taken a couple of sociology courses and in the sex/gender subjects basically all you learn is that men are evil. We drink, we rape, we do everything bad. Women don't do any of that and if they do it is the man's fault. That is a generalization that I have made but if you wish to debate further into that we can.

Feminism, in short, doesn't let men be men and women be women. If a guy with his shirt off, chopping wood is "manly" then that is ok. If a woman cooking some tasty chicken is "feminine" then that isn't ok, however. Feminism refuses to accept the roles of men and women. Women's bodies are meant to grow and support a child. For some reason feminists feel that in spite of that fact they shouldn't be thought of caring for the majority of the child's early life. I'm sorry but biology says different.

Feminism wants women to "have" everything that men "have" and yet refuses to acknowledge the work and harships that every single person must go through to achieve this. Feminism doesn't want to include women into society as equals. Sure, feminists may say that but it just doesn't happen. Asking for the same things that someone else has without having to work for it isn't equality.

Feminism has brought about an attack on the roles of men and women. Because men and women have certain roles, is that a "bad" thing? No. Just because some people have accepted this fact doesn't make them a sexist. Whether you believe it or not women tell me that I am one of the nicest guys they have and yet when they hear my views on men and women they some how feel that I no longer care for them. For some reason because I believe that the roles of men and women are different yet equal makes me a bad person in a feminist's eyes.

Sure, go to school, try to get a job just like everyone else but don't whine about how hard your life is because, oh, you're a female. Men and women have to deal with hardships all the time. Don't make things sound worse for women. In the West women argue for their right to have an abortion and yet hardly pay any attention to the troubles around the world OTHER THAN women. Special interests only bring about special interests...which isn't equality.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

I agree Rahl. In Islam, men and women are equal, but not the same. They have different roles based upon what they were meant to do by God, feminism goes against this idea and insists that men and women are the same, when it is in fact, not true. Men and women may be equal, but they are not the same.

Salaam bros,
    Adnan

Women have boobies.

Condell's Avatar Civis

really looking forward to reading some of the female members' replies on this topic

Quote Originally Posted by Condell View Post
    really looking forward to reading some of the female members' replies on this topic
    I'm the only female member.

Condell's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    I'm the only female member.
    do you have bewbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Condell View Post
    do you have bewbs?
    Well I noticed in the shower today they're definately getting bigger. It's because I'm home, there's food everywhere and I spend all day sitting on my arse.

I agree Rahl. In Islam, men and women are equal, but not the same. They have different roles based upon what they were meant to do by God, feminism goes against this idea and insists that men and women are the same, when it is in fact, not true. Men and women may be equal, but they are not the same.
    Yeah, don't you all understand how men and women are separate but equal?

LoZz's Avatar who are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    Well I noticed in the shower today they're definately getting bigger. It's because I'm home, there's food everywhere and I spend all day sitting on my arse.
    join the club

the problem with equality among the sexes is that it only goes one way.

take wimbledon, the women want equal pay with the men, now thats fine, their is no reason why they shouldnt have equal pay provideing they put in the same level of work and effort. men play 5 sets, women only play 3. now why should they play less but get the same pay? it would be like two "equals" getting the same end of day pay even though one did 3 hours more then the other.

i mean its little injustices like that, their not major things, their not huge injustices but its things like that which dont do ether side any favours.

its the courts which are the only problem when it comes to equality. women always get the kids, the only time they dont is if they really cant look after them. with the man the slighest fault will do. i mean its good thing they are still allowed to see the kids every other weekend or we would have even more trouble with the lack of male role models in kids lives. and from what ive seen assualt of a women gets harsher punishments then assult of a man even though the persons gender shouldnt play a role as they are equal.

my view of feminists is that they want equality only when it suits them. thankfully though i belive feminism has "peaked" and it wont get any worse. most women are not feminists and as more and more women are brought up in a world were women are equal less and less women will see less of a need for feminism and just give it up. most feminists today are already moaning about stuff that isnt true, they moaned about equality, they got it and now they dont know what to moan about.

women themselves are already turning there back on feminism, there is a big anti feminist movement. give it 50 years and they will be nothing.

Hey, I've provoked the talk of large breasts. My thread wasn't a failure.

Zodiac's Avatar Senator

They porbably doom themselves a bit. Also yes, woman have Boobs and not grotesque man-boobs like most everyone has. Also do women outnumber men in the world?
    "Why do I keep coming back here again?" ~ Zodiac

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
    Also do women outnumber men in the world?
    Logically they should since there are considerable amount of men dying due to wars in every corner of the world every year.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Feminists are silent when the bills arrive." -- Aetius

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

LoZz's Avatar who are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
    They porbably doom themselves a bit. Also yes, woman have Boobs and not grotesque man-boobs like most everyone has. Also do women outnumber men in the world?
    when you break it down into age groups

their are more young men then women

but their are more old women then men.

so it sort of evens it out.

Scorch's Avatar One of Giga's Ladies
    Patrician

The whole women's liberation movement is, in my eyes, a hypocritical joke. To the feminists that truly do want equality as far as the physiological roles of men and women allow, then good on you. However a vast majority of feminists don't want equality. They want women to be better. It's quite irritating, actually.

Either that, or they want the good aspects of equality and not the negative ones. For all the talk of equal opportunity and the like that we get in Australia, I'm absolutely certain that if we introduced conscription today because of some war that broke out, it would only be men being conscripted. The women wouldn't be conscripted at all.

Similarly, in the Family Court of Australia, the ratio of women being awarded custody to men is 7:1. Women in the court get up and whine about their right to raise their child, maternal bonds and all that. Fine, have the child. However they then turn around and demand that the father pay for their lifestyle not to be interrupted. That is, if the husband was rich, and they were enjoying a lavish lifestyle. The husband has to pay for that after the divorce, no matter whether the wife works. The number of women paying child support is ridiculously low in comparison. A lot of women get up in court and say that they should have custody of the child(ren), and then turn around after and say that they can't afford to raise the children, and the father will need to support them anyway. Inversely, if the children were given to the father, the mother would (most likely) not pay any child support.

What I'm getting at, is that it's all well and good to be politically equal, and women are achieving that. But none of them want to be socially or practically equal, because they'll give up the stuff that they've had over men for hundreds of years.

That's the in-built hypocrisy of the feminism movement.
    Patronized by Ozymandias, Patron of Artorius Maximus, Scar Face, Ibn Rushd and Thanatos.

The University of Sydney | Bachelor of Arts III (Majoring in Ancient History and Italian Studies)

I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and
    billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.
    - Mark Twain

Godless Musings: A blog about why violent fairytale characters should not have any say in how our society is run.

Vuk's Avatar Miles

As far as feminism goes, I like to divide it into two categories. One, the women who want women to be treated equally and not be abused or degraded in society. The second are the women who think that men are inferior and that they inherently have the right to just about anything.

I guess you could call me a feminist by the first definition, but the second...
    I have two sisters, and both of them went to college and studied for proffessional carrers. One decided that she did not want a job, and married, and is now the mother of 5 kids. My other sis decided that she liked her carrer and went full steam ahead. She now works with ITS (Info Tech Sys) for a major company. She is going back to school for a second degree. She hopes to marry one day, and says that she wants to find someone with like interests and do projects at home when they are married. Both of my sisters are first category feminists. They both had the opportunity to get what they wanted in life, and they both got it. (even though they wanted different things)
    I have spoken with them about feminism, and they were honestly shocked by a lot of things most feminists believe concerning gender. My point is this, my sisters were by no way abused, and were always treated equally and they are not rabid (second category) feminists.
    A lot of women think that they should get something for nothing and that they are superior to men because of their sex organs and hormones, and that is wrong. These women have not only given the movement for women's rights a bad name, but also created an extreme sexism in society and created tension between the two genders.
    It says in the Bible that God created man and woman. Every other time after that that it refers to humans, it uses the word "man". We are ALL "man", whether we are men or women (female men)(I don't mean dragqueens ). Or at least that is my understanding of the language. We are all humans if you will, and we should think along the lines of being humans, not men and women. By having emnity between men and women, we are creating emnity with ourselves, and that is a bad thing. We can judge people, whether they are men or women, but we shouldn't judge them because they ARE men or women.

The phrase "Seperate but Equal" makes most people cringe because of its political abuse during the civil rights movement, but it is true when it comes to men and women. All you have to do is look (it doesn't take a rocket scientist) to see that men and women are different. That doesn't mean that they are not equal...in fact, they are.

Staying home raising kids or working 3 jobs to support your family; which is more glorious? Neither. They are both seperate, but neccasery.
    (I am not saying that women can't work, I just thought I'd stick up a bit for "Traditional" family structure.

Call me a male schoninizt, but I plan on marrying someone who wants to stay home and raise a family. (not that the woman I end up marrying will, but that is what I plan)

Vuk

WOW! It is into the morning here and I really babbled! Didn't I?

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast