View Poll Results: Egypt vs Rome: who wins?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Egypt

49 32.03%
  • Rome

92 60.13%
  • it's a fair fight (nobody's better)

12 7.84%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Egypt vs Rome: who wins?

Metaluis90's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Egypt vs Rome: who wins?

depends on which I'm using.
    "Rules without exceptions last eternally; Roman Law is the only law"
    "The mighty sword in mighty Roman hands"

eregost's Avatar Primicerius

Axe wielding infantry are great against armoured foes. So are javelinmen. Egypt has both.

Egypt requires skill as you need to do a lot of micromanagement to direct your forces. You can't just form a battleline and sit tight like you can with the Romans. You have to play offensively.
    Rep me and leave your name and I promise on pain of death to rep you back!

JOIN THE RTW ALL HUMAN MULTIPLAYER HOTSEAT CAMPAIGN HERE!

Entropy Judge's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by juliusceasar View Post
    alright this is just realy getting annoying to defend myself so this is my last defence.
    If you're serious: Good.
    If you're not serious: You are trolling, so don't bother replying.

3:who the f is magic?
    4:i'm not a theoryocrate
    5:if u want to debate me being a troll or trained by this magic dude or whatever go right ahead but please don't bring a modirator into this on a theory at least.
    3: was answered.
    4: No one said you were a theologian.
    5: Seeing as you were the first one to bring up the mods, it'd probably be a good idea to really bring them in.
    I beat back their first attack with ease. Properly employed, E's can be very deadly, deadlier even than P's and Z's, though they're not as lethal as Paula Abdul or Right Said Fred.
    ~ Miaowara Tomokato, Samurai Cat Goes to the Movies

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

alright this is just realy getting annoying to defend myself so this is my last defence.
    1:yes i probebly have been playing noods so far. at least i woundn't be supprised
    2:no i'm not a troll
    5:if u want to debate me being a troll or trained by this magic dude or whatever go right ahead but please don't bring a modirator into this on a theory at least.
    6:have fun discusing.
    1. Ok;
    2. LOL. It is not for you to tell.
    3. TOLD YOU ALREADY
    4. ...
    5. We think you could be magic in disguise.
    6. That we will have.

Quote Originally Posted by eregost View Post
    Excuse me? Why would you hope that?
    read below:

Egypt. Egypt has superior archers, javelinmen, chariots and axe armed infantry and cavalry that make quick work of the slow armoured legionaries. However it requires a skilled player to use Egypt effectively while any noob can do decently with Rome. If two equally high skilled players faced each other then the Egyptian player would win every time.
    In MP, No one(that actually plays it seriously and not just no rules battles with ones friends)
    1. uses javelineers unless they want to put something other than peasants in front to draw archer fire.
    2. the axe armed infantry is not armor piercing according to the descr unit stats thing, only their axe cav is armor piercing. it is good light cav and i tend to bring one unit with me.
    3. No factions asides from maybe Numi and Sele use Legionaries, unless the player controlling them cant read simple stats to determine that Urban cohorts are vastly superior. Armenian ones are a joke.
    4. Egypt requires basic balanced and skirmish abilities, and has an overpowered unit roster. Rome gets ed over by most factions in the game on MP so it does require more skill to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    You said something about egypt having good infantry and javelinmen (lolwtf?).

You also said egy takes SKILL. Egypt? Skill?

ing HERESY!!!
    what my boy roach is trying to say here is that Egypt is often looked upon with disgust because its unit roster is so overpowered that all the noobs take it to compensate for their lack of skill. players who use egypt frequently are known simply as egywhores and are treated as lesser players, with the exception being SR because he is the most awesome texan in existance.

1:yes i probebly have been playing noods so far. at least i woundn't be supprised
    2:no i'm not a troll
    6:have fun discusing.
    1. i know.
    2. i know.
    3. A Sith member.
    4. What?
    5. Magic would get hit in the face if he trained someone from another clan, or for that matter any Sith members since he is not a High Council sanctioned trainer. also what gave you the impression someone offered to train you? you are in Hell clan so Hell clan is obligated to train you.
    6. why thank you.

Axe wielding infantry are great against armoured foes. So are javelinmen. Egypt has both.

Egypt requires skill as you need to do a lot of micromanagement to direct your forces. You can't just form a battleline and sit tight like you can with the Romans. You have to play offensively.
    No. Javelinmen will get shot to bits before they reach the enemy, and they are not good against armored targets. id be rather surprised if they got a shot off at all. Desert axemen are not armor piercing according to the descr unit stat list.
    Every faction requires you to move y our forces, that doesnt mean . Romans can not form a battle line and sit tight, because there are many factions that have superior ranged capabilities. You clearly have no idea how Rome is supposed to be used in the competitive circles.

Van Daan's Avatar Semisalis

never got the point of desert axemen. Kinda like nile spearmen, but without phalanx mode. Same with peltasts, they cost more than archers for a unit that can't even do what it's supposed to.
    Last edited by Van Daan; January 09, 2011 at 06:21 PM.
    Yours truly,
    |Sith|5|Eldarion

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|9|Lord_Max View Post
    SR because he is the most awesome texan in existance.
    heresy

btw what is the point of this thread now? Egypt is better than Rome on 15k hands down and basically all low money. Only a moron who has no idea what he is talking about would believe otherwise. So why even try to correct someone like that? Lets all just let nature take its course with anyone who thinks Rome>Egypt. The only thing that could be argued on this thread is who wins on high money. The fact that Rome is winning in this poll is just embarrassing...tbh if I was the twc admins I wouldn't even fix this mess I would just kill myself. Even pom wasn't completely sure who wins this matchup...ofc the only reason he is here is because the same people who voted Rome>Egypt think he is a god. "One of the few times Rome is outclassed online" lol wtf. Hell on the 10k money level (the original money point for this topic) his own beloved macedonians outclass rome. Not to mention all the factions that sodomize rome's women at 15k. Since this thread was made and is inhabited by noobs lets exodus to this one...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38334
    Last edited by Slayer{ST}; January 12, 2011 at 03:18 PM.

Rome wins here because arrows cannot hurt testudos in the corner and praetorian cav rape every cav unit in the game!

Entropy Judge's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by ChakkaCaesar View Post
    Rome wins here because arrows cannot hurt testudos in the corner and praetorian cav rape every cav unit in the game!

I do this not for what you write, but for what follows.
    I beat back their first attack with ease. Properly employed, E's can be very deadly, deadlier even than P's and Z's, though they're not as lethal as Paula Abdul or Right Said Fred.
    ~ Miaowara Tomokato, Samurai Cat Goes to the Movies

SR is not Texan, he is from either South Carolina or South Dakota.

so... your tactic involves corner camping and trying to beat chariots with praetorians? Neither will work. And this is for 15k cwb, and cwb forbids corner camping.
    Yours truly,
    |Sith|5|Eldarion

the original post was for low money not necessarily cwb

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

OP said cwb 10k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

His original post was only about 10k

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

SO youre oneofthe idiots who plays 100000k no rules huge settings I presume and then cornercamps? If so. Then stop writing because asked forit
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

Id say Egypt would win with 10k but anything above 30k I think Rome could field enough units to sponge there arrows. Egypt with 10k, i would just have chariot archers and archers, then just ride circles around them. But if I was Rome I would try fielding my men back to back in Testudo and sponge. But I think it could be a fair fight if stricter rules on units allowed was in place.
    Rome Total War Randomiser --- Thread --- Source Code

RTWLIB --- C#Library for manipulating and parsing the Rome Total War files. WIP.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

MAGIC!!!

We know it's you.

Or some other troll.

Quote Originally Posted by |-HoS-|-Zeke View Post
    SR is not Texan, he is from either South Carolina or South Dakota.

Ohio

1) Actually at most it's a draw, because the other person is in another corner too!

2) I doubt you play online, otherwise you would have noticed that people don't even say no red line camping anymore, because it is the automatic assumption in all games. Yes even noob games.

3) Praetorian cav do not "rape" every cav unit in the game.
    Smilies...the resort of those with a vacuous argument

"Rome wins here because arrows cannot hurt testudos in the corner and praetorian cav rape every cav unit in the game!"

I just find it simply incredible. I thought such thinking had been banished to the nether forums, but it still exists. It's like Indiana Jones finding the Temple of Doom. Only one thing for it, then. Throw him off a cliff into a river of crocodiles.
    Yours truly,
    |Sith|5|Eldarion