Well, after answering the two similar questions (one via email and one in Czech feedback thread), I have decided to open this thread.

Firstly, the high count of rioting cities is intended thing in my mod. I have manage this by increasing of the respective values in descr_rebel_factions.txt file. You can attenuate them by decreasing this vaules to vanilla ones again. But be careful. It is integral part of the whole system in my mod and this thing is balancing the easiness of capturing the cities. The real challenge of the sucessful expansion is dependent on the ability to control rebellions and bad impact of your "aggressive" actions and draining your economy on the local and global standing respectively ...

There is a system of natural mutual hates of some factions in Mitteleuropa, and what is still more important, I have implemented in descr_faction_standing file the complex system of impacts on the local_standings with some factions, if you occupy "their"cities. So it is highly geographically dependent and refined system and you must know what you are doing. It is dependent on the faction you are playing too. For example, to be allied with HRE as Bohemia and to capture Wien and to think that all will be OK, if you decide to hold this city as Bohemia further, you have done very bad decision which will ruin your diplomatical achievements with HRE, but it is one of the winning conditions for Bohemia .....

The geographical dependence is a quite original thing in Mitteleuropa mod. No other mod has such system implemented. I have used this my approach, which I have created in Scripted Diplomacy mod for SPQR. Repman has asked me then to can use the "limited version" of this my solution for BBW mod in RTW. I am not sure if he is using it in DLV also, but I recon that not in such refined form ..... So, be prepared on various "historicallly correct" balancing steps in reaction on your expansive behaviour and capturing the integral parts of neighbouring factions ....

And to go back to rebellions, there are only one of the part of this whole complex system. However, important part, which is introducing dynamics to the campaign AI and is keeping steady state between the large empires like HRE and France, to say one example for all ...

So, you can decrease chances of respective rebbelions in the above-named file, but you will ruin the one of basic features of my mod .....

My main aim was not to play stupid vanilla-like campaigns again. The Campaign AI is important part of it, rebelling cities another one.... If you will not expand too quickly (i.e. beyond your real possibilities) and you will do it in "historically correct patterns" only, then the problem with control of unrest in occupied cities is managable, i.e. it is difficult, but feasible to achieve green faces, at least in reasonably distant cities (you cannot hope, that you as Portugal will hold half of the Russia in MItteleuropa, otherwise download mod by Ramtha to remove the distance_from_capital negative bonus ...).

To control the unrest from other sources, please learn the game, i.e. read manual and for example this thread, where are some good hints:

riots

To see that vanilla-dependent players cannot live with such an approach, which is increasing challenge by rebellions, see this thread in SPQR mod subforum for RTW:

How to fix unrest and rioting cities?

Personally, I loved the lost cities which rebeled agaisnt me in SPQR 4.6 and 5.0, which I have played from time to time last year. And it is also true, that this feature of SPQR mod combined with behaviour achived by my own Scripted Diplomacy mod for RTW (I ahve relased only the one for SPQR, thenone for RTR is only 80% done till yet) was such a template, which I have used as a basic layout of Mitteleuropa mod features to implement this type of challenge on MTW2 platform too.....

Bye Sinuhet