Thread: NEED HELP DESPERATLEY

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

Default NEED HELP DESPERATLEY

I need help downloading hte mod to make all civilizations playable in RTW- I downloaded it and I tried unpacking it in

data>world>maps>campagin>imperial campagin and when I start a campagin it crashes- It only overided the DESCR_strat file and that seems to be in order...

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Need help downloading.....

EDIT-it turns out my problem still remains- at the campagin selection screen I can see the normally unplayable factions*like armenia* and see thier map and thier location but when I start the campagin I return to the previous screen- and when I start normally playable ones too

however I deleted all the downloaded files and now it works- but I still would like to play as those unplayable factions.
    Last edited by Axeman; July 10, 2007 at 02:54 AM.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

Default Re: NEED HELP DESPERATLEY

Modding question, moved to text editing.

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

Are you using RTW 1.0, 1.2, or 1.5?
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.

As Jubal_Barca said, which version are you using? If I remember correctly, this mod was made for 1.0 or 1.2. Changes has been made to the desc_strat.txt in later versions, causing the game to malfunction if you overwrite the new file and use the one included in the mod. It would be a lot easier to modify by hand:

Open the desr_strat.txt file and copy and paste the factions from unlockable and unplayable to playable. I would recommend leaving the Rebels and The Senate unplayable, though, since they won't be playable anyway without further modding.

I seem to recall i had a similiar problem a long time ago, i think it was caused by copy pasting the factions to the playable list but not removing them from the unplayabe list-might be worth making sure you have not done the same.

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

In the later versions you need the faction text to allow the faction to work i think...
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.

If you make modifications to faction coding, you must have 1.3 or 1.5.