Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: FACTION: The Kingdom of Makuria

Default Re: FACTION: The Kingdom of Makuria

Quote Originally Posted by King Arsen View Post
    Wait, what if you loose all family members but you still have settlements? Do the faction get destroyed?

And if I recruit generals do they count as family members? in the family tree.
    They have to get man of the hour first, just like captains.

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

Oh so recruited generals can get man of the hour aswell? And then get adopted in to the family tree.
    Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

Quote Originally Posted by King Arsen View Post
    Oh so recruited generals can get man of the hour aswell? And then get adopted in to the family tree.
    Ja.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Couldn't you marry one of your princesses to them?

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    Couldn't you marry one of your princesses to them?
    Thats probably a possibility.
    Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

Sort of related, I played SV and the Timurids had all their cities taken, I assumed they were destroyed and maybe 15 years later a full stack of them show up on jihad to Constantinople and take it.... if BC has anything like this (and I think you do?), that'll be amazing.

I completely forgot about them and suddenly they were a regional power again.

I must train my horsemen to hunt down every man, woman and child! It is the only way to have victory! :sparta:

teh.frickin.pope's Avatar Senator

When a faction's last city is taken, if there are still family members around the map, they turn into a horde. MOst factions can only do it a limited amount of times and get a rather poor group of troops, but more nomadic factions can do it a few times with an elite army popping up to represent the faction's nobility pulling up stakes ala khwarezm.

Broken Crescent, Its Frickin Awesome! Sig by Atterdag +rep
    Stop Uwe Boll!

Default Makuria?

I am confused; is Makuria going to be included in the first release?

congrats on an amazing project btw...

Default Re: Makuria?

Yes, read the stickies for more info

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Makuria?

They were done quite a while ago so I can only assume they will be.

Indefinitely Banned

Posts Merged

Yes, of course Makuria will be included in BC 1.0, fully playable.

will the lutat macemen recieve armour at level/ tier 4
    Last edited by King of Axum; October 07, 2007 at 06:22 PM.
    How great is he who gains the world but loses their soul? :hmmm:

Indefinitely Banned

What you see is what you get. We have no armour upgrades.

what accent will the makurians use?

Mongols I believe.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

On the battle map we've gone with various accents for their units. Some are middle eastern, some are mongolian, a few have an Eastern European one (Which has been one of our catch-all accents. It works for some ghulams, for east Christians, ect.)

Maréchal_Martin's Avatar Libertus

I love this faction, great work !

Found some interesting info, from the book When We Ruled - 50 Greatest Africans, that shows the relationship between Egypt and the Makurians:

Emperor Semamun of Makuria (flourished 1286 AD- ?)
    Defender of the Sudanese Empire of Makuria against Arab and Turkish aggressionFollowing a complaint to the Egyptian Sultan about the mistreatment of envoys from Egypt by the ruler of the Sudanese empire of Makuria, the Egyptians attacked in 1286 AD. When the Arabs and Turks of Egypt sent two armies into Makuria, Semamun, the Makurian Emperor, ordered the evacuation of the country. In his absence, the invaders placed the son of the royal sister on the throne and also appointed a new deputy. The Egyptian armies returned home arriving at their court in August 1288. As they withdrew, Semamun returned to Old Dongola, seized the city, and regained power. The Muslim royal puppet and the deputy fled to the Egyptian court.

The Egyptians assembled another large army to battle the Makurians. They set off from Cairo in October 1289. Semamun again ordered evacuations. He himself fled upstream to the island of Mograt, fifteen days journey from Old Dongola, accompanied by his court. The Makurian Emperor, after refusing to swear allegiance to the Sultan and fearing the arrival of an Egyptian fleet, fled even further upstream to the Kingdom of el-Abwab. However, the royal princes, officials and priests were left abandoned on Mograt. They made their peace with the invaders and swore allegiance to them. Furthermore, they handed over the Makurian crown and other royal regalia. Following this, a great banquet was held in the largest of Old Dongola's churches, where the new royal appointee by the Sultan's court was enthroned. This puppet swore loyalty to the Egyptian Sultan and was required to pay the Baqt.

Leaving a garrison behind in the capital, the Egyptians again withdrew, arriving in Cairo in May 1290. Once again Semamum returned to Old Dongola and, with the support of the army and some of the princes, arrested the puppet ruler at the palace. He gave safe passage to the Muslim garrison who then withdrew to Qoz. Moreover, he ordered the execution of the puppet ruler and the puppet deputy.

His actions eventually brought some peace.
    Former Historian & Dev Member for Broken Crescent Mod
    Dual-Major BA in Medieval History / Political Science, Adelphi University Aug. 1989
    Member of the World History Association
    Member of the Medieval Academy of America
    Member of the Richard III Society
    Member of the Society for the Study of the Crusades and Latin East
    If you like my post, please +Rep...if you dislike my post, please +REP me twice

I have change the Makurian general img ~

Is someone like him?

My forum‘s Mod :Xiangfan Total War
    The war story about South Sung Dynasty against Mongol Empire.

Makuria is my favorite faction along with KoJ and the Maharaja. However I feel like they should revamp the skins of their early units because they look like a bunch of naked barbarians rather than an organised army. Just a bit of armor, not need to add bonuses but at least dress them ! =P

« There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it.

A politician who portrays himself as 'caring' and 'sensitive' because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he's willing to try to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't?

And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he'll do good with his own money - if a gun is held to his head.» - P. J. O'Rourke