Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Byg's Grim Reality - Supply and Command (BGRIII, BGR IV & BGRIV Enhanced)

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Default Re: Byg's Grim Reality - Supply and Command (BGRIII, BGR IV & BGRIV Enhanced)

Quote Originally Posted by Sii View Post
    I'm not sure if things are working for me right now. I downloaded SS6.3-6.4 and am using BGRIV, but I'm very confused on some things.

My turns are 1 turn per 1 year, is that supposed to be happening?

My treasury at turn 25 is 45148 and I've built pretty much every building I can and recruited a bit (but not a whole lot), is this also supposed to be happening?
    BgrIV does not alter the years per turn, only BGRV does. You are experiencing the standard stainless steel tpy.

Regarding the money, you would have even more if you were not using bgrIV. Stainless steel does allow huge incomes, particularly if you use an easy faction and a weak opposing AI setup. And obviously always use VH/VH.

Use BGRV if you want more hardship.

Ps. Use the bgr thread in stainless steel forum. That is the main one for your purposes.
    Last edited by Byg; October 06, 2013 at 03:45 AM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Default Re: Byg's Grim Reality - Supply and Command (BGRIII, BGR IV & BGRIV Enhanced)

In the hope you are still checking this thread, I understand that BGR II uses your supply and foraging system and the War Council. I tentatively went through a dozen turns of an SS campaign with BGR II ticked at setup and could not notice anything significantly different from not having BGR II - unless there's a problem with my installation. There is a supply ancillary with notes on foraging, and a ready for action ancillary, that is about all I have seen. Would implementation of BGR depend on the faction?

Before I start a campaign seriously on SS6.4 with some version of BGR, would the feudalistic aspects also apply to the Eastern European factions and the Islamic factions?

Patrician

Hi, as you are using stainless steel mod then you should use the bgr thread in the stainless steel submods section where it is stickied. That is actually the main bgr thread.

You have confused BGRII with some features of IV. You can read all about what is in BGRII (scroll to the relevant version number) and IV there in the first and 2nd post and BGR V is on the third post.

BGRIV and V have their own manual for download. All features are explained therein.

Do any of the BGR mods work with vanilla M2tw?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Prozn856 View Post
    Do any of the BGR mods work with vanilla M2tw?
    Hi, you can, by following the links in the section for the relevant version on post 1. You need to have kingdoms installed though, and it requires you to do some work applying the installer. I no longer support this, but it should be self explanatory.

Here is the link for the bgrIV one http://www.nerazzurri.net/bgr-forum/....php?p=498#498

This is pretty terrible. Anyone nostalgic about this game should avoid SS.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by HandofJaime View Post
    This is pretty terrible. Anyone nostalgic about this game should avoid SS.
    What do you mean?

There are no active links to the manual, that dont require you to enter bank details on some random website, which I'm not prepared to do. This mod is unplayable without a manual, please post a link. I cannot recruit any good units even with my king in the fortress, this is becoming unplayable. He's been there for 20 turns and cant recruit anything better than militia and light cav, he has training staff. I've recruited a total of one feudal knight unit since i started the campaign, after 40 turns... because they are always stuck on 6 turns remaining to recruit. I did recruit some Knights of Santiago from a different settlement, has this decreased the unit pool? I thought the unit pools were specific to each region.

I need so much help with SS6.4 Gyg's GR IV.Im always out of supplies and takes FOREVER to resupply.My armies desert on MASS!My armies constantly have HUGE MORAL issues! Like routing after initial contact with the enemy!WTF is the god damn trick to this because at this point it IMPOSSIBLE TO UNITE RUSSIA!

hey, can somebody show me how too change the rates at which my armies / generals revolt / rebel against me please? i absolute love playing Byg's grim, but the armies revolt rates really do annoy me, i love the difficulty of enemy generals and stuff though, thanks for making this! its almost perfect!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456