Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Medieval II Computer & Hardware Recommendations

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: 'New Computer or Hardware' recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ragnar View Post
    Thanks Irishron Sir.. However unable to download that reduced tweak. For some reason it comes up as a php ????? file and winzip nor WinRAR recognise it. Don't suppose you have a copy pleeease .Respect as ever.
    I replied there. It's a browser issue.

Hi all, hope you could address my curiosity

I've been playing this game since it got released through 3 different comps (two desktop and currently i only use notebook) but having the same problem ever since. The problem is that even though i upgrade my graphic card or processor, i still couldn't maximized the graphics and/or it lags heavily the more troops in battlefield (in general above 2000 troops the game will become very slow). My first desktop i use pentium4 with radeon 4850, on second with core2duo with radeon 6950, and lastly my notebook is acer aspire v3-471 with nvidia 630m 2gb. My question is my experience normal or not? If not, is this because irishron said that this game is designed to use only one core processor?

My goal is to play this game with minimal lag and in medium detail at least. Been wanting to ask this since signed up to the forum. Thank you for any response

I don't think Intel has made a processor that will do it yet even for desktops.

In the case of notebooks and their kin, Karamasovmm(?) has said in Basement threads the biggest problem for gaming on them is the manufacturer uses "cpu throttling" to keep the cases cooler of which means less cpu power to push.

what I read for a definition of a gamer on the old Yuku totalwar.com Empire thread when it was released was speed first, eyecandy dead last.

Hahaha nice to know that everyone else had my problem ;p

But i feel that my battle is better when i set settings to max compared to when i use auto detect. Is there any logic behind that? I haven't test the fps yet.

So would many but this game was never really optimized for such things like even the technology of developers being able to push some of the computing load onto the gpu. CA never has programmed this way. If they did, a lot better graphics and fps could take place.

Thx so much irishron. I will stop moaning and continue enjoy what CA been provided

Is it possible to run MTW2 from your computer without the CD?

My computer starts to have problems reading the game CD. So I thought if I can copy the CD on my computer it might bring solution. Otherwise I might end up having to find another MTW2-Kingdoms game.

Icon5 Help with gaming PC for medieval 2 total war (UK)

I Want to get a Gaming PC so I can play this game, but I know nothing about gaming pc's, what is good and needed to play this game. However my budget isn't very high (£400max) so I don't want to build one and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations from where I should buy a pre-built one in the UK.
    Thanks.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Medieval II Computer & Hardware Recommendations

Hi VGM, welcome to TWC!

I'm no expert on computer hardware. I would suggest you post your question in our tech section, The Basement, where our resident geeks hang out who will be able to give you better advice.

What I will point out, though, is if you're planning to play the game using discs (instead of Steam), you need to be aware that you may run into issues because of SafeDisc, which is outlined thoroughly, here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...otal-War-games

That may affect which operating system and configuration you choose to go with.

Let us know if you have any more questions!

Posts merged from Medieval II: Total War General Discussion.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213