Thread: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

I've another question. Are the AI opponents subjects to the same game rules as human players? I.e. supply system, morale, recruitment etc.

I'm asking that because while playing as Kingdom of Poland, the Teutons declared war on me and moved their 12 unit stack without a general into northeastern Poland and are just sitting there in the forests.

Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

Quote Originally Posted by Boruta View Post
    I've another question. Are the AI opponents subjects to the same game rules as human players? I.e. supply system, morale, recruitment etc.

I'm asking that because while playing as Kingdom of Poland, the Teutons declared war on me and moved their 12 unit stack without a general into northeastern Poland and are just sitting there in the forests.
    Supply, Morale the AI are subject to. Recruitment no. Their army's will rebel if an area runs out of forage for them to feed but the chances are much smaller than yours. Also when in a province that is owned by them they do not consume forage. If in a region owned by another AI they will. This is some of the ways that the AI has been balanced out so that we don't just throw money at them so they can stack spam us.

I would not advise moving an army of yours around without a general, they are very likely to rebel. This just to simulate the command chain. Obviously the AI can't have this restriction. But like I said in the past when you come up against a faction that is way more powerful than you bankrupt them. Before BYG's mods this was not possible as the script would just throw more money at them. Makes for a much better game play...

Heyyo! Slight predicament here: I can't even download the mod, the link sends me to the home page of filedropper.com. A li'l help? ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Choucroutegarnie View Post
    Heyyo! Slight predicament here: I can't even download the mod, the link sends me to the home page of filedropper.com. A li'l help? ;/
    BGRV_150324.7z

I'm not sure how old this one is. I believe it is the most recent version but not 100%. Will have to wait for BYG to stop by and post again...
    Last edited by HUSKY; August 30, 2015 at 05:16 PM.

Aaah now that's the good stuff! Many thanks Husky buddy, I'll go burn some godless pagans on the town square and throw a splendid royal fifteen days long banquet in your honour! And probably get my kingdom ruined and my ass invaded from every corner of the earth as a result.

Ah well I may have spoken a tad too fast (double-post, my bad, can't find the edit button é_é). I unzipped the BGRV data thingy in the SS6.4 folder thingy as instructed, replaced what had to be replaced, launched the SS6.4 setup aaaaand no new options. No new case to tick or untick, no new medieval torture device to be thrown at my fledgling empire. Hoping mayhaps the submod could have flown under the radar and somehow "activated" itself anyway I tried playing a bit but nah, no 1-month turns, each one is a complete year .-.
    Guess I'll have to post-pone the heathens bonfires.

Quote Originally Posted by Choucroutegarnie View Post
    Ah well I may have spoken a tad too fast (double-post, my bad, can't find the edit button é_é). I unzipped the BGRV data thingy in the SS6.4 folder thingy as instructed, replaced what had to be replaced, launched the SS6.4 setup aaaaand no new options. No new case to tick or untick, no new medieval torture device to be thrown at my fledgling empire. Hoping mayhaps the submod could have flown under the radar and somehow "activated" itself anyway I tried playing a bit but nah, no 1-month turns, each one is a complete year .-.
    Guess I'll have to post-pone the heathens bonfires.
    The only thing I can think is to make sure you have your UAC turned off when making changes and swapping files. Then after that make sure that you run the mod and script handler as administrator. Window's has come a long way since XP but I can say I'm running on window's 7 so it can be done.

I tried that plus disabling my antivirus (you never know), still not working. At least now I see some new options (no mercy AI, really bad AI battle system and such), but not the main event of the show. BGR II and IV are still appearing however e_è
    I hope this mod is even more challenging to play than to install!

AAAH at long last! Frankly I have not the slightest clue about what I did differently this third time, what I tweaked and how, but it proven effective! Again, many thanks Husky NOW TO WAAAAAR!! DEATH TO OUR UNGODLY FOES, TALLYHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I started my second campaign with english kingdom, this time M/VH. I lowered the difficulty because I think VH/VH is too much for me, a beginner. My very first time I tried this mod, I underestimated how complex could it be. Anyway, the new campaign is going quite well, I spent my first 60 turns only to defeat the Scots, in this mod they are really tough! I'm going to attack France, that i tried to keep allied as much as possible, trying to avoid a dangerous invasion from the sea. I was wondering about a couple of things: how do the game evolve going further with campaign? I fear the moment the AI will throw on me full stacks armies of feudal knights; considered it, how to proceed? I can't, due to levy limit, gather more than 2 armies, maybe I can keep 3 if I use militian troops, at the same time. I read in the features that this mod modified also the mechanics of AI behavior , what does it mean? No more huge empires that stacks 30+ army stacks?

As your game progresses the empires of the world will get bigger. 30+ army stacks you won't see for quite some time as the game cannot afford that many troops till later in game as well. I also don't want to poop on your parade but with the limitations of this mod the larger your kingdom gets the harder the game gets. I doubt there is one person who has conquered the map playing with BGRV. BYG has said himself that he losses most of his campaigns in the long run but he does not play easy factions like England.

But anyway going forward you have to expand really slow. This is not a problem as you have 12 turns per year with plenty of game play. If you expand to quickly you wont be able to raise enough troops to defend your city's.

As to the AI behavior you will find that they attack better. They will bring up two army's to attack a city if you have beaten them back a few times. They defend city's better taking up much better defensive positions. All together it is a much tougher game for the player but without just throwing money at the AI to just spam you with bad army composition's and terrible strategy. Their Calvary will flank you now be ready for it. Hope some of this helps mate cheers

Default Re: Byg's Grim Reality Enhanced Realism Traits

Redacted
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; September 23, 2015 at 08:39 PM.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Default Re: Byg's Grim Reality Enhanced Realism Traits

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogbluesky View Post
    I have been playing BGRV for a long time now and I love it.

I wonder if is it possible for me to go into a file and use wordpad to alter some of the manpower recruitment pool numbers and costs that come up each January.
    Everything in MTW2 can be modded to your liking check out the moders workshop for help...

everytime I click on faction summary button it spams with: http://s8.postimg.org/pg1q52ied/image.jpg

What is that and why it appears 10000000 times, everytime I want to check faction summary window? Help me fix it please..

Hmm. I just installed Husky's version posted above, but when i go to set up I see no BGR V version to select. I see all of the other options for BGR V, but no BGR V itself. Only II and IV.

Cannot download the manual - it always asks me to upload something - a different download link maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by revar View Post
    everytime I click on faction summary button it spams with: http://s8.postimg.org/pg1q52ied/image.jpg

What is that and why it appears 10000000 times, everytime I want to check faction summary window? Help me fix it please..
    This is where you can see the money going to and from your nobles, it is not spam it is simply where byg chose to put this information. Once you get used to it you will find it quite helpful as you don't have to do anything else for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle_gibson View Post
    Hmm. I just installed Husky's version posted above, but when i go to set up I see no BGR V version to select. I see all of the other options for BGR V, but no BGR V itself. Only II and IV.
    Hopefully Choucroutegarnie can find out what is was and inform. He was having the same problem but did not seem to know how he fixed it. maybe he will find a solution for you. sorry I can't be of service on this matter mate good luck....

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwarrior View Post
    Cannot download the manual - it always asks me to upload something - a different download link maybe?
    Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the manual. If you have a question though feel free to ask. I don't know when BYG will be back around to post new links to the mod and manual.

Cheers,

NO, it pops out EVERY time I want to check faction summary... it's so annoying I must close it every time I click on faction emblem to enter diplomacy or whatever.