Thread: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

Personally I like being able to change the war council. As new family members and generals come I like to settle down some of the men that have been war council members as governors (as a type of reward) thus allowing new generals to go on the offensive and take new territory of which they will eventually govern. If I don't have the capability to change war council this would not be possible. The same generals would have to lead every campaign. Many bad things can happen if one general becomes to powerful. Julius Caesar for instance cheers

Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

Quote Originally Posted by HUSKY View Post
    Personally I like being able to change the war council. As new family members and generals come I like to settle down some of the men that have been war council members as governors (as a type of reward) thus allowing new generals to go on the offensive and take new territory of which they will eventually govern. If I don't have the capability to change war council this would not be possible. The same generals would have to lead every campaign. Many bad things can happen if one general becomes to powerful. Julius Caesar for instance cheers
    You got a point there, though what if after several years of military service a WC member becomes 'tired' (given with a trait) of his never ending struggle to stay alive and this lowers his loyalty and ability to command. You a get popup decision in which can can decide to relieve him and have the king choose a new candidate? (Haven't seen the complete movie but wasn't this also shown in 'Gladiator' it was called I think.)

Don't know if it be worth the coding though, a can do it manually for the time being now.

Anyone got any experience with BYG IV and 2 turns per year and how it effects the gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by kronikel View Post
    Anyone got any experience with BYG IV and 2 turns per year and how it effects the gameplay?
    IMHO, that's how SS (and Medieval: TW2) is meant to be played.

Everything, from roster changes, to Generals/characters roleplay and emergent gameplay opportunities, to the Suply/RR-RC system changes the game into one of the best videogame experiences ever.

That said, it can be a bit overwhelming for non experienced players.

VH/VH BYG IV 2 turns per year and a couple of other mods/options included

Just 'lost' a 61 turn campaign thanks to a never ending crusade, leaving 5+ generals banished thanks to the crusader tax (HRE with 3 stacks in the holy land got excommunicated... last turn so I thought I was not needed, hurray), so I got a couple of questions!

What is the most productive thing to do with your banished generals if going on a crusade is not an option?

Should you always always join a crusade in case it goes 35 + turns?

If I raise taxes in a city, does the governor accumulate more income?

Cheers

kronikel you should upgrade to BGRV it is much easier to not join a crusade than IV. City's with higher lvl markets generate more taxes for the noble in V not sure about IV

Hey there Byg, can you or someone else upload the manual again? I'm having a hard time grasping how this mod works.

Thanks in advance.

BYG seems to be taking some time off and rightfully so. I wish I would have saved a copy of the manual but never thought to do so sorry guys. If you have a specific question will be sure to answer best I can as a BGRV lover.

kronikel you should upgrade to BGRV it is much easier to not join a crusade than IV. City's with higher lvl markets generate more taxes for the noble in V not sure about IV
    Little more detail is raising taxes get them more money in Fairground and above, so lvl 3 and up give more money to the lord when taxes are raised.
    Grain exchange and Market are first two levels and have not effect on getting additional income for lord. Just be careful you keep an eye on your lords you don't want them becoming to rich. would not let me edit post so sorry for posting again guys...

Alright, so if you'd be so kind as to answer my questions:

-What are the S % and M % figures next to generals' names?

-How to transfer deeds?

-How to transfer the supply wagon?

-Which conditions must be met before erecting a building so that I don't get the "Manpower deficit" debuff?

-What is "Manpower deficit" and how does it affect my gameplay/stats/whatever really?

-Does the mod have to be played on VH/VH to work properly? Are the AIs just bluntly buffed with increased income and unit stats the higher the difficulty level?

Well, that'd be it for now. As you can see, my questions are quite specific, which is why I tried to get the manual first, rather then nag others for help.

S is for supplies, M is more Morale

-How to transfer deeds?
    Move generals into the same settlement, ship or army and drag and drop onto the other generals pic

same as above

-Which conditions must be met before erecting a building so that I don't get the "Manpower deficit" debuff?
    buildings have nothing to do with manpower deficit. Just if you go into deficit you will not be able to build new buildings or raise taxes so if you must recruit more men than you have available first queue up all the buildings you want and set the tax rate.

-What is "Manpower deficit" and how does it affect my gameplay/stats/whatever really?
    Is when you train more men than are readily available for training(you set in January every year) As to game play it only effects the settlement that you went into deficit as mentioned above you won't be able to recruit or build anything until you get back into positive manpower. Either by disbanding units in that settlement or in January the next year.

-Does the mod have to be played on VH/VH to work properly? Are the AIs just bluntly buffed with increased income and unit stats the higher the difficulty level?
    BYG wrote BGRV as a part of VH/VH and he himself does not know to my knowledge what will happen if you play on something lower. As to the AI buffs there are not any really no money scripts that just throw money at the AI or anything. It is possible to bankrupt another faction is you want to and then go from there. There units do not get any buffs either.

It's always best when we can find answers for ourselves. You can try to search and see if it was asked before as well but I don't mind answering questions. If you still don't quite understand something just ask. BGRV is very detail oriented can't just hit end turn without looking into what's going on after every turn

S is for supplies, M is more Morale

-How to transfer deeds?
    Move generals into the same settlement, ship or army and drag and drop onto the other generals pic

same as above

buildings have nothing to do with manpower deficit. Just if you go into deficit you will not be able to build new buildings or raise taxes so if you must recruit more men than you have available first queue up all the buildings you want and set the tax rate.

Is when you train more men than are readily available for training(you set in January every year) As to game play it only effects the settlement that you went into deficit as mentioned above you won't be able to recruit or build anything until you get back into positive manpower. Either by disbanding units in that settlement or in January the next year.

BYG wrote BGRV as a part of VH/VH and he himself does not know to my knowledge what will happen if you play on something lower. As to the AI buffs there are not any really no money scripts that just throw money at the AI or anything. It is possible to bankrupt another faction is you want to and then go from there. There units do not get any buffs either.

It's always best when we can find answers for ourselves. You can try to search and see if it was asked before as well but I don't mind answering questions. If you still don't quite understand something just ask. BGRV is very detail oriented can't just hit end turn without looking into what's going on after every turn

Thank you so much Husky! So many aspects of the game seem clear now!

Thanks pal, have a nice one!

Not sure how to edit, so excuse my multi-posting.

I'm using the 12 tpy BGR, but the building times seem to be vanilla. That is, I can build balista towers in 4 months.

Is this how it was meant to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Boruta View Post
    Not sure how to edit, so excuse my multi-posting.

I'm using the 12 tpy BGR, but the building times seem to be vanilla. That is, I can build balista towers in 4 months.

Is this how it was meant to be?
    yes this is how it is meant to be. BYG has pointed out in past that for instance you would not build a cathedral in different stages of churches you would just build the cathedral. So think of it as stages to building the finished product as troop recruitment is no longer building specific.

Hey there guys, i just started to play Stainless Steel and i was trying BYG IV for Early Campaign. I found this submod very interesting but, being honest, i still can't understand how to manage my finances. I read with attention the manual but something is wrong, after a couple of inital turns , barely doing something, i go to -20k and there is nothing i can do to get out of this situation. Seriously, i don't know what to do, i would appreciate some basic tips for a newbie, even the smallest, at least i could begin from somewhere, till now i failed all my attempts to start a decent campaign.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Auchan View Post
    Hey there guys, i just started to play Stainless Steel and i was trying BYG IV for Early Campaign. I found this submod very interesting but, being honest, i still can't understand how to manage my finances. I read with attention the manual but something is wrong, after a couple of inital turns , barely doing something, i go to -20k and there is nothing i can do to get out of this situation. Seriously, i don't know what to do, i would appreciate some basic tips for a newbie, even the smallest, at least i could begin from somewhere, till now i failed all my attempts to start a decent campaign.
    Thanks.
    Early campaign is rough. Personally have not played it in a long time since the new BGRV is only Late compatible. But from what I remember you have to either expand very quickly or disband some of your army. Early city's start out very small with low incomes and your not bringing in enough to pay the troops. Also move the resupply train over to a different general, not king or prince or any other war council member that will draw funds from the treasury. Give it to someone that will fill it with their own money in the beginning of the campaign this will save you a significant amount of money in the start. This also applies to BGRV do it every time to save the treasury in the beginning of a campaign.

Good stuff, thanks Husky, despite some mechanics yet, i'm getting use to play SS with BYG mod, next time i will try BYG V for late campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Auchan View Post
    Good stuff, thanks Husky, despite some mechanics yet, i'm getting use to play SS with BYG mod, next time i will try BYG V for late campaign.
    Your welcome mate, and I do push BGRV a lot just because I know what it adds to the game, however if you are just starting out with BYG's mods you should definitely start with older versions as you could loss interest by getting your butt spanked every time you play with BGRV. Guess I just want to say don't let me rush you into it. But once you get a hang of the mechanics of it you won't be able to play any other way.

Cheers,

Hey there guys, i started my first BYG V campaign with England, VH/VH difficulty. I must say, I have never had so much fun playing MTW2. My first 20 turns went well, I conquered the rebel settlments near my boundaries in Galles and in Flemish countries. At this point the game gets rough. French and Scottish, allied each other, attacked me at the same time, the first tried to head for York, the second for Bruges. I defeated the scottish army in an epic battle (well done with armies, their composition have an excellent quality, also IA seems quite sharp) Meanwhile i defeated a French army leaded by the heir faction and i gained a lot money ransoming the prisoners. The Holy Roman Empire, my allied, declare war to French and besiege Rheims and, a thing i might have happened to me just a couple of times in whole my "career" of MTW2 player, my allies helped me in a battle against French. In Scotland I counterattacked and i took Edinburgh. This is the beginning of the end. I didn't know if I had conquered a scottish settlement, i would have summoned William Wallace, not so soon at least. Wallace is too strong, my army in Scotland has been terribly weakened as a result of the previous battle and i can't fill the empty spaces. I managed to kill Wallace in a last desperate battle, but scottish overwhelmed me anyway. I lost York and i had no more men in whole England except for the small army near Bruges. I have no more men to recruit due to the levy limit, and it's still september. My hear got killed in battle by the scottish, an assassin killed my second general, and, as last but not the least thing, a rebel army besieged Exter and took it. I lost, but it's okay, no shame for it, I have to improve my style and master this mod, so complicated but amazing, and this campaign has been short as much as funny. Great job

we have all had our butts handed to us at one point or another playing this mod. no shame in it that's the point of a good AI to be able to stand up to you the human player. In the future I would not recommend war on multiple fronts starting out you need to get men lots of men. and yes the AI will team up against you so be prepared for that. especially if they are much stronger than you they will attack period all you can do is prepare for it the best you can.

If Scotland did not have William emerge the English would just be able to steamroll the map. He is there to put up a good fight and keep the English in the British isles while the rest of Europe builds up. It is actually quite fun playing as England now, by the time you deal with the Scots France will be ready for you too...