Thread: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

I've been thinking about the way how centrally controlled regions work and think I've found a problem with it.

I'll give an example, very simple though but it'll explain the point:

Your faction has one city and one castle, the city is the capital. Both regions are controlled by a war-council member/administrator, this means high tier units can only be recruited in the city and average/militia units in the castle.
    Super-tiered armourers can only be build in castles, so that units may enjoy better armor, but high-quality units are only recruitable in the city, so are high-tier units of this faction doomed to keep the normal armor even though the castle has upgraded the armourer?

Same for jousting-lists, which can only be build in castles but if the capital is a city where you can only recruit the high tier knights but can't build the jousting-list does this mean it is impossible to have upgraded knights recruited in central regions when the capital is a city?

If this is true, is it better to have your capital be a city or castle?

Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

For the most part the jousting is the only building that can't go in a city. You could mod to allow that building in a city I suppose if you want. But city's can produse all the armor and upgraded barracks for exsperiance. In max wall city you also have the military academy that gives exsperiance to troops. I find most of what your saying to be untrue. I will say that it is much easier and faster to get a castle to max citidal level than it is to get a city to max wall lvl. So it's up to your playing style. I like to use the historical capital for most factions that I play. The exception being Scotland, I like to move capital down to notingham one I start to win against the English.

Hi all,

Long time, no play.

I have returned (again). Can someone confirm which "standard" sub-mods in the launcher ARE compatible with BGR V? (picture of SS_Setup.exe chart below).

I've done the following:

1.) Installed M2TW Gold inc. Kingdoms campaigns (I know it's not mandatory)
    2.) Installed SS6.3 and no patches
    3.) Installed SS6.4 and no patches (my understanding is that the 1.27 and 1.28 hotfix compilations aren't compatible, which seems a shame as a majority of the hotfixes seem quite necessary in terms of stability, and immersion?)
    4.) Installed BGR V '150324' and no patches

This is what my SS_Setup.exe list looks like:

Lastly, can anyone summarise the main differences between BGR IV and V? I know that V is late era only, that it introduces the demense system with settlement "deeds", and also the annual manpower requirements for unit recruitment - but apart from that, are there any major differences? Considering sticking with BGR IV and all the associated hotfixes (BGR IV-E comes as standard with 6.4, and thus should be compatible with the hotfixes, 1.27 and 1.28, right?) for a campaign with tougher mechanics that isn't necessarily hellishly difficult.
    Last edited by Heskey; December 16, 2015 at 08:06 PM.

Everything with bgrv in the description is compatible as well as permanent arrows and watch towers. Nothing else... Been to long so don't remember differences from earlier version sorry. If you want other mods as well you should stick with older version. Bgrv changes to many files used by other mods in order for manpower and title to settlements to work...

The manpower scripting and demense system IS a major difference. It totally changes how the game is played. That said, it is frustrating to miss out on all the other fixes and compilations.

At one point byg posted a manual on what changes needed to be made to make bgrv compatible with other mods. I never took a look at it. Just didn't have any interest in adding other mods. I'm sure it would be a lot of coding changes but have a look might be just what your looking for...

just looked it it is on first page third post at the bottom. On my phone right now so can't download and see if link is still working...
    Last edited by HUSKY; December 17, 2015 at 08:55 AM.

Where can i find a working download link for Bygs Grim reality V and a manual?

A few pages back!

Is Byg on a vacation (normal life) or does he deem the BGR-series complete?

I'm not saying he should continue working on it, it's amazing the way it now but I was just wondering.

You would have to go back to some of his last posts and see if he said anything about something in life happening. I know it's been several months since he last checked in so could be something bad happened. As for new mods I don't remember him ever saying he was working on or altering this current version anymore.

I'm in turn 170 and full plate event just kicked in which seems to be odd since it is 1233 AD. Is my install buggy or is this a known issue? Did someone encounter this before?

How can I end the Scutage Tax? Will it end automatically?
    Last edited by n4sty; January 17, 2016 at 02:07 PM.

With 12 turns per yer byg left the progression of the game the same. You can change this by selecting normal event speed script in the handler.

you end scut age the exact same way you started it. When scuttage becomes availabile for your faction you hit the advisory button on the troop training window. You must wait one turn at least after implementation to turn it off..

Ok my fault, I've understood this option the other way round.

I'm playing with Gracuul AI for BRGV and AI seems very passive. Catholic factions are mostly allied, only Scotland and England fight each other. Real war only against non-catholic factions usually started through crusades

I've noticed that as well. However once the warring does eventually start its brutal. You could always try the reg gracul AI and see if there is a difference. I've found that I like starting out more peaceful before a lot of wars start. Gives me time to save up some manpower as you start the game with none. Not sure if this AI was intended to be this way or not sorry. But I can say once I start a war with someone most of the time a neboring faction I'm allies with will join in and so on it begins...

Good to hear! Well, actually (playing as Genoa) I am afraid of starting a war against neighbors (HRE, France, Venice) cause I know they all have like 5-6 full stacks waiting. So I need to wait until they manage to fight each other themselves. Not sure if it ever will happen though...

Default Never ending crusades..

There is this one annoying thing that keeps happening in my campaigns which its crusades that last forever, for whatever reason crusader nations dont march armies to it, and it goes on and on, since Im using BGR this bankrupts my nobility and basically ruins the game, also why are crusades so frequent??

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Never ending crusades..

Hmm. You'll have to ask this in the BGR thread.

Default Re: Never ending crusades..

hey guys, did you all pay for this mod or what? filedropper wants me to create an account at 0.99$ a week to get the file, so is that just the name of the game or what?

sorry, found a free link at page 283, + rep to husky

btw can someone either post a working link for the manual of BGR-V, or tell me if the recruitment pool function might be bugging and preventing me from constructing buildings as well? (even when the right anxulliaries are present and all...)