Thread: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

Hi, I recently came around this --> http://t-a-w.blogspot.be/2009/11/why...edieval-2.html

It describes a bug in the game where occupying settlements is actually more harmfull to your reputation than sacking one and the author also included a file that you can insert to fix it, my question is wether it has already been tested if this gets in trouble with "Grym V", I don't know if Byg changed anything in said file.

Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

I belive this bug has been taken care of long time ago mate. At least it is fixed in bgrv

diez's Avatar Biarchus

Guys does BGR V work with SS submod Titanium??

Quote Originally Posted by diez View Post
    Guys does BGR V work with SS submod Titanium??
    Most likely not, but you could always make a seperate install and give it a shot.

@ diez
    I´ve got the same question. Please report us, if you would have tried it.

starting with my crusader states campaign using BGRV, I was wondering. I know the rule is that you need atleast 70% or higher religious support in a settlement to recruit anything better than peasants, yet with this faction I seem to be have average recruitment ability in places with almost 0% religious support, is the crusader states an exeption to this rule or does low support only prevent the recruitment of high grade units only?

Quote Originally Posted by Headshotkill View Post
    starting with my crusader states campaign using BGRV, I was wondering. I know the rule is that you need atleast 70% or higher religious support in a settlement to recruit anything better than peasants, yet with this faction I seem to be have average recruitment ability in places with almost 0% religious support, is the crusader states an exeption to this rule or does low support only prevent the recruitment of high grade units only?
    Correct you should not be able to recruit anything with 3 or 4 manpower. Units that take 1 and some that take 2 you can recruit all the time...

Has anyone upgraded to windows 10 yet? Just thought I'd ask and see If you had any trouble with BGRV and SS after. I would like to upgrade and check it out but won't if I can't play...

Quote Originally Posted by HUSKY View Post
    Has anyone upgraded to windows 10 yet? Just thought I'd ask and see If you had any trouble with BGRV and SS after. I would like to upgrade and check it out but won't if I can't play...
    I've had no problem running M2TW with various other mods on Windows 10. I can't remember if the last time I played BGRV was before or after I updated, but it can't do anything differently from, say, EB2 in a way that would make one work and the other not. Both are heavy on standard export_*.txt mods and external scripting. Should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    I've had no problem running M2TW with various other mods on Windows 10. I can't remember if the last time I played BGRV was before or after I updated, but it can't do anything differently from, say, EB2 in a way that would make one work and the other not. Both are heavy on standard export_*.txt mods and external scripting. Should be fine.
    Thanks myarta, I'll upgrade this weekend...

Sad BGR V isn't compatible with map mods like HURB. Also needs to get rid of fantasy units. Those two things is a bit of turn off while playing BR V. Yet I can't play any other mod, V adds the most depth of any total war game/mod.

What do you mean by fantasy units in SS with BGRV?

Also, I am using BGRV with Windows 10 update as of last week - no problem so far.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

"Sherwood Archers", Chivalric Knights, Christ Knights....
    BGR V doesn't change the units, it's vanilla SS just that now that his mod is incompatible with everyone else's, I'd like to add more of realism & depth the mod seeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    I did some recruitment priority tweaking (a lot of recruitment priority tweaking) a while ago, if you'd be interested in trying it for yourself you can download the necessary file from this post here. Having tried the equal priority recruitment at first, I still found it to be unbalanced so I.... well I don't even want to think back on how much time I spent adjusting and testing and adjusting and testing and adjusting and testing and.......
    Hi, several weeks ago I downloaded this alternative recruitment priority and I finally got around to playing it for a while. However I'm still facing unbalanced scottish cavalry armies and I'm wondering wether I've installed it right.
    I simply took the textfile and dropped it into (Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\data), there I replaced the existing file. Is there anything else I must do?

Quote Originally Posted by Headshotkill View Post
    Hi, several weeks ago I downloaded this alternative recruitment priority and I finally got around to playing it for a while. However I'm still facing unbalanced scottish cavalry armies and I'm wondering wether I've installed it right.
    I simply took the textfile and dropped it into (Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\data), there I replaced the existing file. Is there anything else I must do?
    It needs to be installed in the bgrv folder not just SS

Hello,
    It will be possible to add BGR-V for Early Campaign. I prefer to start with early campaign and savage way.
    It is planned to add these options to BGR-V?
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by MorcegoPT View Post
    Hello,
    It will be possible to add BGR-V for Early Campaign. I prefer to start with early campaign and savage way.
    It is planned to add these options to BGR-V?
    Thank you!
    Short answer my friend is no, at least not by BYG he has no interest in early campaign period...

I seem to be having trouble finding this deceptive BGRV-file...

EDIT: nvm, I just found it!
    Last edited by Headshotkill; December 08, 2015 at 03:14 AM.

Program Files/sega/medieval 2 total war/mods/SS6.3/data/sub/BGRV

For anyone else that needs as well cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by HUSKY View Post
    Short answer my friend is no, at least not by BYG he has no interest in early campaign period...

Why not? For me it is more interesting than the Late campaign, but so are tastes. =)
    Certainly there will be more players with the same taste as me.
    It would be very difficult to add this option please? xD
    I apologize for persistence. =)