Thread: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

  1. #5741

    Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

    Hi, I recently came around this --> http://t-a-w.blogspot.be/2009/11/why...edieval-2.html

    It describes a bug in the game where occupying settlements is actually more harmfull to your reputation than sacking one and the author also included a file that you can insert to fix it, my question is wether it has already been tested if this gets in trouble with "Grym V", I don't know if Byg changed anything in said file.

  2. #5742

    Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

    I belive this bug has been taken care of long time ago mate. At least it is fixed in bgrv

  3. #5743
    diez's Avatar Biarchus
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    618

    Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

    Guys does BGR V work with SS submod Titanium??

  4. #5744

    Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

    Quote Originally Posted by diez View Post
    Guys does BGR V work with SS submod Titanium??
    Most likely not, but you could always make a seperate install and give it a shot.

  5. #5745

    Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

    @ diez
    Ive got the same question. Please report us, if you would have tried it.

  6. #5746

    Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

    starting with my crusader states campaign using BGRV, I was wondering. I know the rule is that you need atleast 70% or higher religious support in a settlement to recruit anything better than peasants, yet with this faction I seem to be have average recruitment ability in places with almost 0% religious support, is the crusader states an exeption to this rule or does low support only prevent the recruitment of high grade units only?

  7. #5747

    Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

    Quote Originally Posted by Headshotkill View Post
    starting with my crusader states campaign using BGRV, I was wondering. I know the rule is that you need atleast 70% or higher religious support in a settlement to recruit anything better than peasants, yet with this faction I seem to be have average recruitment ability in places with almost 0% religious support, is the crusader states an exeption to this rule or does low support only prevent the recruitment of high grade units only?
    Correct you should not be able to recruit anything with 3 or 4 manpower. Units that take 1 and some that take 2 you can recruit all the time...

  8. #5748

    Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

    Has anyone upgraded to windows 10 yet? Just thought I'd ask and see If you had any trouble with BGRV and SS after. I would like to upgrade and check it out but won't if I can't play...

  9. #5749

    Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

    Quote Originally Posted by HUSKY View Post
    Has anyone upgraded to windows 10 yet? Just thought I'd ask and see If you had any trouble with BGRV and SS after. I would like to upgrade and check it out but won't if I can't play...
    I've had no problem running M2TW with various other mods on Windows 10. I can't remember if the last time I played BGRV was before or after I updated, but it can't do anything differently from, say, EB2 in a way that would make one work and the other not. Both are heavy on standard export_*.txt mods and external scripting. Should be fine.

  10. #5750

    Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

    Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    I've had no problem running M2TW with various other mods on Windows 10. I can't remember if the last time I played BGRV was before or after I updated, but it can't do anything differently from, say, EB2 in a way that would make one work and the other not. Both are heavy on standard export_*.txt mods and external scripting. Should be fine.
    Thanks myarta, I'll upgrade this weekend...

  11. #5751

    Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

    Sad BGR V isn't compatible with map mods like HURB. Also needs to get rid of fantasy units. Those two things is a bit of turn off while playing BR V. Yet I can't play any other mod, V adds the most depth of any total war game/mod.

  12. #5752

    Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

    What do you mean by fantasy units in SS with BGRV?

    Also, I am using BGRV with Windows 10 update as of last week - no problem so far.
    Pleasant it is, when over a great sea the winds trouble the waters, to gaze from shore upon another's tribulation: not because any man's troubles are a delectable joy, but because to perceive from what ills you are free yourself is pleasant - Lucretius

  13. #5753

    Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

    "Sherwood Archers", Chivalric Knights, Christ Knights....
    BGR V doesn't change the units, it's vanilla SS just that now that his mod is incompatible with everyone else's, I'd like to add more of realism & depth the mod seeks.

  14. #5754

    Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    I did some recruitment priority tweaking (a lot of recruitment priority tweaking) a while ago, if you'd be interested in trying it for yourself you can download the necessary file from this post here. Having tried the equal priority recruitment at first, I still found it to be unbalanced so I.... well I don't even want to think back on how much time I spent adjusting and testing and adjusting and testing and adjusting and testing and.......
    Hi, several weeks ago I downloaded this alternative recruitment priority and I finally got around to playing it for a while. However I'm still facing unbalanced scottish cavalry armies and I'm wondering wether I've installed it right.
    I simply took the textfile and dropped it into (Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\data), there I replaced the existing file. Is there anything else I must do?

  15. #5755

    Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

    Quote Originally Posted by Headshotkill View Post
    Hi, several weeks ago I downloaded this alternative recruitment priority and I finally got around to playing it for a while. However I'm still facing unbalanced scottish cavalry armies and I'm wondering wether I've installed it right.
    I simply took the textfile and dropped it into (Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\data), there I replaced the existing file. Is there anything else I must do?
    It needs to be installed in the bgrv folder not just SS

  16. #5756

    Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

    Hello,
    It will be possible to add BGR-V for Early Campaign. I prefer to start with early campaign and savage way.
    It is planned to add these options to BGR-V?
    Thank you!

  17. #5757

    Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

    Quote Originally Posted by MorcegoPT View Post
    Hello,
    It will be possible to add BGR-V for Early Campaign. I prefer to start with early campaign and savage way.
    It is planned to add these options to BGR-V?
    Thank you!
    Short answer my friend is no, at least not by BYG he has no interest in early campaign period...

  18. #5758

    Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

    I seem to be having trouble finding this deceptive BGRV-file...

    EDIT: nvm, I just found it!
    Last edited by Headshotkill; December 08, 2015 at 04:14 AM.

  19. #5759

    Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

    Program Files/sega/medieval 2 total war/mods/SS6.3/data/sub/BGRV

    For anyone else that needs as well cheers,

  20. #5760

    Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

    Quote Originally Posted by HUSKY View Post
    Short answer my friend is no, at least not by BYG he has no interest in early campaign period...

    Why not? For me it is more interesting than the Late campaign, but so are tastes. =)
    Certainly there will be more players with the same taste as me.
    It would be very difficult to add this option please? xD
    I apologize for persistence. =)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •