Thread: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

Quote Originally Posted by HUSKY View Post
    The file from dooz will make armies of AI slightly more balanced. BGRV AI armies are mostly knights and heavy infantry. I use it. The big difference is you will have to fight more AI stacks as the more balanced armies are cheaper for AI.

i do not use the second you speak of. Not sure it's had adequate testing either. But you could always start a new campaign and see what happens...
    I have 4 other questions:

1- The file from Dooz I found in page 260, is this the last update from tlhis file, or is there another file in another page?.

2- Do I have to start a new campaing?.

3- Do I have to copy the file in data folder?.

4- Is BGR-V compatible with ""G5_Settlement_Tweaks"" from Germanicu5?.

Thanks for help me.
    Last edited by Hennin; July 09, 2017 at 02:06 PM.

Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

1. Yes
    2. I would
    3. You will need to replace the file
    4. Most likely not check with Germanicu5 in his thread. BGRV changes so many files that its best to assume it does not.

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

4. Most likely not check with Germanicu5 in his thread. BGRV changes so many files that its best to assume it does not.
    Hi,

I know that BGRV should not be installed with any other mod, fix or update that does not state that it is BGRV compatible, Byg put in his mod the Germanicus battle AI v5.7, and I thought that BGR-V in this case it was compatible with SETTLEMENT TWEAKS from Germanicus.

Did byg never said something about this submod from Germanicus?.

Itīs for the AI battle in settlements, optimised defense points layout, which enables AI to defend settlements in a more challenging way.

LINK:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3203

In this link Germanicus set that it is universal compatibility, but Iīm not sure with BGR-V.

If someone knows if it is compatilbe please let me know, I donīt know nothing from modding and donīt know if it interfere with Byg files.

3. You will need to replace the file
    I can do it in two diferent ways, right?. (Dooz file, page 260).

1.- I only have to replace it one time in data folder, I use the launcher because I only play one campaing, in my case the file donīt go away because I donīt have to use anymore the setup. (Iīm using this way for the moment).

second way:

2.- I replace it directly in BGR-V flies (SS6.3/data/campaing/sub/BGRV), then I donīt have to replace it anymore, I think this way is better if someone want to use the file in diferent campaings with diferent presets. Every time when you use setup, and select BGR-V, the setup refresh the files in data folder, and the file from Dooz go away if you donīt replace the file in (SS6.3/data/campaing/sub/BGRV) folder.

I think this two ways are correct, if Iīm not correct please let me know.

Thanks
    Last edited by Hennin; July 14, 2017 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hennin View Post
    Hi,

I know that BGRV should not be installed with any other mod, fix or update that does not state that it is BGRV compatible, Byg put in his mod the Germanicus battle AI v5.7, and I thougt that BGR-V in this case was compatible with SETTLEMENT TWEAKS:

Did byg never said something about this submod from Germanicus?.

Itīs also for the AI battle in the settlements, optimised defense points layout, which enables AI to defend settlements in a more challenging way.

LINK:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3203

In this link Germanicus set that it is universal compatibility, but not sure with BGR-V.

Thanks.

yo, download links are all down, does some1 know where can I get them? thx

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by copitodelefa View Post
    yo, download links are all down, does some1 know where can I get them? thx
    BGR-V Mod in page 292:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Extras/page292

And BGR-V Manual in page 290:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Extras/page290
    Last edited by Hennin; July 11, 2017 at 12:09 PM.

Hennin, byg may have included this part of mod already. You could always try and see. You just may crash game. And the second item, you must replace in BGRV folder. When running BGRV it overights all other folders so the first option will not work.

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

Hennin, byg may have included this part of mod already. You could always try and see. You just may crash game. And the second item, you must replace in BGRV folder. When running BGRV it overights all other folders so the first option will not work.
    Ok, I thought if I only use the same campaing, I only need to use the launcher and not to select all the submods in setup everytime when I want to load my campaing.

Thanks.

You will need to run the launcher and select sub mods every time you run the game.

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

You will need to run the launcher and select sub mods every time you run the game.
    I donīt understand it, I ask this question a long time ago, and somebody told me: if you select the submods in setup, and then you will follow with the same submods, you donīt need to use setup anymore, you only need to use launcher the rest of the time, and the launcher will take you to the game with the same submods that you selected the first time.

Note: I only can select the submods when I use setup, canīt select any submod using launcher, and very important I donīt created a shortcut when I installed the game, I use the launcher in the file where I installed the game, in this file I have the setup, and also the launcher.

Sorry for my english, I hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Hennin; July 27, 2017 at 05:16 AM.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Hennin View Post
    I donīt understand it, I ask this question a long time ago, and somebody told me: if you select the submods in setup, and then you will follow with the same submods, you donīt need to use setup anymore, you only need to use launcher the rest of the time, and the launcher will take you to the game with the same submods that you selected the first time.

Note: I only can select the submods when I use setup, canīt select any submod using launcher, and very important I donīt created a shortcut when I installed the game, I use the launcher in the file where I installed the game, in this file I have the setup, and also the launcher.

Sorry for my english, I hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks.
    unless you run ss_setup.exe again or reinstall SS then the files won't change from time to time. Just us the ss6.4 exe shortcut/file. If you don't feel like remembering what the settings are and want multiple types of games going, just create multiple installs of 6.4. Rename the folder you want to play to ss6.3 and leave the others renamed to other names and the ss6.4 exe will launch the folder that is named ss6.3. As long as you don't overwrite any other files manually nothing is gonna be changed between setups.

BGRV only overwrites it at the beginning. So every time you switch or re-run ss_setup.exe you have to re-apply that copy folder from that guys mod to fix the error or whatever.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

As much as this mod improves experience in some ways it has totally killed my enjoyment for the late game.
    None of my generals or kings have "full recruitment ability" and haven't had so for years and years meaning I have been essentially unable to make any cavalry.
    The idea that a large empire suddenly is unable to make elite troops due to "low zeal" is ahistorical nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by userxyz View Post
    As much as this mod improves experience in some ways it has totally killed my enjoyment for the late game.
    None of my generals or kings have "full recruitment ability" and haven't had so for years and years meaning I have been essentially unable to make any cavalry.
    The idea that a large empire suddenly is unable to make elite troops due to "low zeal" is ahistorical nonsense.
    zeal only matters for recruitment if you have low religion in the region. Low=85 or 80 percent, very low= 90 percent needed. Moderate/high is like 70-75 percent (forget the actual numbers). Big obstacle for low zeal is the restriction to foreign fights being only allowed for war council members (i.e. only 3 invading armies).

If you religion is high (which if its not just train some priests and you'll be good. I usually use 4 and just rotate them around (i usually play Crusader States), I also recommended at least one assassin for heretics), two common reasons for my playthroughs for not having full recruitment is that my generals are not wealthy (i.e. you need 2 thousand or more of free cash in the traits (and no borrowed money) or their supplies are low, you need 100 percent supplies too. Check those two things.
    LOSTHIEF

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Losthief View Post
    unless you run ss_setup.exe again or reinstall SS then the files won't change from time to time. Just us the ss6.4 exe shortcut/file. If you don't feel like remembering what the settings are and want multiple types of games going, just create multiple installs of 6.4. Rename the folder you want to play to ss6.3 and leave the others renamed to other names and the ss6.4 exe will launch the folder that is named ss6.3. As long as you don't overwrite any other files manually nothing is gonna be changed between setups.

BGRV only overwrites it at the beginning. So every time you switch or re-run ss_setup.exe you have to re-apply that copy folder from that guys mod to fix the error or whatever.
    Ok, I only use BGRV with Stainless Stell 6.4 and only use the same campaing, I will continue to use launcher from the file where I installled the game, donīt need to use setup and select all the mods again for to load and follow my campaing.

Thanks.

Really confused with this mod, it says in the manual (V2) that you can press F9 and others things to view month and etc... doesn't work. The description in first posts also says there are 12 turns per year.. no there are not. Any help? I activated the Big's mod by using the setup, it says IV Enhanced.

that is bgr V (newest-not included in 6.4 by default). The IV enhanced info is in the backhalf of the manual only. 2 turns iirc and no months/f9.
    LOSTHIEF

Thanks, is there any way I can modify some things, like putting free upkeep back or lower the requirements for a general to get the war council and PTS ancillaries without getting low zeal?
    I also don't understand why, later in game, with centralized command, only heir and faction leader can go to war in foreign soil, wouldn't it make more sense to be leader, heir and generals only? And family members only stay to train and defend?

Hey, I noticed that in my playthrough (Gracul AI + BGR V + H/H) all wars between factions happen only if the factions have a different religion:Kiev-Cumans, Hungary-Byzantines, etc.

Around turn 30, the following fronts are all at peace: England-Scotland, Castille-Aragon-Portugal, HRE-France, HRE-Venice, HRE-Poland, France-Aragon, etc.

Is it normal?
    I reinstalled SS 6.4 and BGR V just in case. I am using the version in the folder BGRV_150324, by the way.

Reinstalling SS 6.4 and the mod fixed the issue, now it behaves as expected.

There is another problem though:

It crashes on turn 301-302.

Has anyone experienced the same thing?

The nobles expenses and contributions no longer pops up.
    The only changes I have made are to remove the ageing script and change the timescale to 0.5

When I change it back and start a new game it still doesn't pop up.
    Is there a way to get it back? Do I really need it?

Oh, forgot to mention I'm using BGR IV