Thread: RC Plus Grandviz A.I.

Libertus

Default RC Plus Grandviz A.I.

Okay, I am having a good time playing DLV 3.1 plus enhancer 2 doing the following.

DLV 3.1
    DLV enhancer 1
    DLV enhancer 2

1) Removed battle config, config ai battle, config ai battle darth, and the two formation files.
    2) Replaced these files with the same of Grandviz. Only, once done, you have four files, not five. I took out the one copy of config ai battledarth, because I don't know what it does. I've only seen four files in mods, not five.
    3) Replaced default files with Real Combat 1.2 for DLV 3.1 Update one. do not use one with 0S26 integration; that file uses different values and will throw off the ai
    4) Files you use from this real combat are: descr_mount, descr_projectile, and export_descr_unit. Do not use export_descr_buildings. It's older than DLV 3.1 enhance two, or at least it is with Zappa's 1.7 sub mod, which I think is mostly in DLV 3.1 enhancer two.
    5) Install Zappa's sub mod for those who like it; otherwise skip this step. I'm not sure if the default DLV 3.1 enhancer two export_descr_buildings is more new than that of Real Combat 1.2 for DLV 3.1 Update one.
    6) I used Darth Vader's path-find files. Only these files. I don't believe I used anything else. (If I did, it was battle movement modifiers, flaming projectiles, artilarry effects, and maybe particle. That's it. No other files, and I wouldn't suggest using these right off. Try the above first and see how the battles are).

Then I started playing battles. Note my battle results may be different because I use Zappa's sub mod.

As my results stand, I see intelligent ai holding walls before retreating. Everything Grandviz said, I saw. (Please note, I thought the AI was having major trouble manuvering in a heavily wooded area. I lost that battle though; they did sit there and wait for me to march, but I had attacked, so they could defend, and they picked the better choice. (Defense, trees negated my horses, etc). Even if Grandviz discovers the wooded areas cause some trouble, (and I'm not saying it does, but perhaps the spacing of the men or something causes a hangup), the AI is clearly superior. Run some tests.

I"ll even post my own files for those to try. Lol.
    S

GrandViZ's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: RC Plus Grandviz A.I.

Just on a note, I recommend to use my descr_projectile.txt, as it has balanced artillery and missile units. The file from RC is outdated.

Regards
    GrandViZ
    Creator of the Ultimate AI
    Co-Author of Broken Crescent

Under the Patronage of Trajan