Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out of interest...

Default Out of interest...

Why is it called Stainless Steel?

Answers on a postcard!
    30 Mis-spellings of Shaeffer and counting!

Default Re: Out of interest...

Stainless...as in unblemished. Could have been Killing Steel but that sounds ****...Stainless sounds GOOD.

But this is just a guess...KK is probably the only one to know

I believe, he explained this in the early versions (1.0), that the Stainless Steel refers to the much increased presence of more elite units such as Dismounted Knights, Chivalric Knights, all heavily armored men. I remember the old versions had AI armies of all dismounted knights.... (which was quite unrealistic, but as you know, things get better over time).

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

LOL good point, at the time I believe western nations were still using iron weaponry, whilst the ismlaic world was using new methods to make steel for their scimitars,

could just be cause it sounds as cool as this mod is

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

yeah,.. stainless steel is one of best mod names all over forums.

Quote Originally Posted by shaeffer View Post
    Why is it called Stainless Steel?

Answers on a postcard!
    Hi shaeffer,

Thanks for the investigation!
    Actually I was wondering that no one wanted to know before...

M2 Junky's assumption is probably the best, also Underdawg has made a good point...

Well, my main intention with this mod was to expel all this minor and major bugs, errors and silly things of the original game.
    I wanted to reach the full potential of this game, because I knew it could be so much better....
    So, I started to grind this old and rusty piece of steel to make a new shining sword!
    btw, I know that Stainless Steel wasn't invented in the middle ages, but well, it's just a metaphor (also for better knights in the AI armies)

Hi Buch Vecny,
    yeah,.. stainless steel is one of best mod names all over forums.
    Really? I'm really glad you like it, since it was just a spontaneous idea!
    Last edited by King Kong; June 19, 2007 at 01:09 PM.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    (also for better knights in the AI armies)
    QFT

This just showed up at my doorstep on Rhodes by way of Corinth...

All with weapon upgrades too

You're screwed Parzival, unless you can get some reinforcements there.

P.S. Stainless Steel is a sweet mod name.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

I won! It was touch and go at times... the holy prophet (pbuh) was with us this day...

and those guys with the little clay pots full of napalm
    Last edited by Parzival; June 20, 2007 at 02:37 AM.

Libertus

Nice win. It looked like a tough battle ahead...
    Did they get into the city or did you wear them out on the walls and at the gates?

KK, I have to agree with everyone, Stainless Steel is a great mod name. I actually had figured it was something to do with making the game all new and improved. That would have made an interesting poll. lol

Parzival,
    Holly crap! you won!! Your good dude!!! When i seen it, I was laughing. But now, great job.

parzival, BOOOO, you renamed Constantinople to Instanbul, and you are conquering the byz!! , dam.. i should have took picture of me destroying turkey within 7 turns

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

I took them at the gate and walls. Initially they brought up the ladders and ram so I let them through the gate and they dropped the towers. It got very dicey when my Azabs routed though. I had to send in the general to keep them in the naffatun murder hole. God bless those little guys.

LOL Mike. I know I know. I don't like it any more than you do... but they started it and I'm gonna finish it

As for changing the city name that just helps the whole RP aspect. It's also payback for when they back stabbed me late in my Hungarian campaign. SOB's assassinated one of my top generals. I had like four or five marriage alliances with them and helped beat back the Venetians through subterfuge and conquest. Every time the Venetians took a Byz city I sent in spys and assassins until it rebelled. I financed their conquest of the Anatolian peninsula and kept their western borders safe from those pesky Italians. Bastages.

[Edit]

The Egyptians had a Jihad on Iconium and the Byz allied with them and back stabbed me in the same turn.

check out teh scottish horde

Last edited by Parzival; June 20, 2007 at 11:06 PM.

Hi Parzival,

How could you win this battle against the Byzantines??
    That seemed to be almost impossible
    Maybe I should tone down the Naffatuns a bit...

And what the ... !? how could so many scottish armies invade the iberian peninsula? That's really crazy!
    Did this happen in a normal game without any cheats?

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

ohh my god just look at the scots's vassals oh my lord iam gonna...

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

Yea! Go Scotland
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    Hi Parzival,

How could you win this battle against the Byzantines??
    That seemed to be almost impossible
    Maybe I should tone down the Naffatuns a bit...

And what the ... !? how could so many scottish armies invade the iberian peninsula? That's really crazy!
    Did this happen in a normal game without any cheats?
    Hola KK

Re. the Scottish horde. I know it's insane Believe it or not there's another full stack behind that diplomacy scroll and more on their way from Exeter by sea. And yes it happened without my intervention. I do play around with files occasionally but that's a straight up SS 3.2 campaign. I don't use cheats. The only console command I know is toggle_fow (no joke).

I just loaded the save and played it again with much the same results. (I took some screenies this time.) Considering their price and mere 50 florins upkeep and the fact that they can turn the tide of a battle I think the naffatun are a little overpowered. Maybe increase their upkeep? I'll leave that up to you.

Here's my deployment:

Murder Hole:

run away quickly!

One Naffatun unit still had some nades so I brought them to bear on the remaining enemy on the wall:

which saw them off pretty smartly:

Then the enemy general strolled up and I sent in both bodyguards for the kill:

Victory!

Those Turks are bad ass.

Hi Parzival,
    Hola KK

Re. the Scottish horde. I know it's insane Believe it or not there's another full stack behind that diplomacy scroll and more on their way from Exeter by sea. And yes it happened without my intervention. I do play around with files occasionally but that's a straight up SS 3.2 campaign. I don't use cheats. The only console command I know is toggle_fow (no joke).

I just loaded the save and played it again with much the same results. (I took some screenies this time.) Considering their price and mere 50 florins upkeep and the fact that they can turn the tide of a battle I think the naffatun are a little overpowered. Maybe increase their upkeep? I'll leave that up to you.
    Really strange that scots are so aggressive in your campaign!
    This is MADNESS! NO this is... well, we all know...

And thanks for your detailed report how you've beaten this masses of heavy infantry!
    I had a similar fight against a friend of mine and I also deployed 2 Naffatuns similar to yours and I had a heroic victory too!
    I think each unit burned down about 4-500 hundred units of him!

I think I will tone them down a little bit and increase the cost and upkeep for them...

You might want to change Varangian guard Morale as well...they should have top morale, highly trained and disciplined. This way they stay and fight to the death, usually.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast