Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Hyborian Age: Total War

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

Default Re: The Hyborian Age: Total War

A while ago I tried to contact the original creator and asked if I could continue the project, but he never replied.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Radboud View Post
    A while ago I tried to contact the original creator and asked if I could continue the project, but he never replied.
    The .Org is the primary home of Conan: Total War (renamed from Hyborian Age: Total War), but unfortunately the forums there haven't had any activity either.

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumd...onan-Total-War

However, you can probably get in contact with him on the Official Robert E, Howard Forum, which shows his most recent activity date as (of this writing) within the last hour and a half.

http://www.conan.com/invboard/index.php?showuser=1456

I haven't spoken to Taranaich in a while (I haven't been very active on either the .Org or the REH Forum in some time), so I'm unsure of what CTW's current status is. If it's indeed dead (hope not), I'd be very pleased to see a revival of it.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Hope this mod is continued! its an awesome idea! and I LOVE the screen shots!!!!!!!!!!!!

He actually listed the MOD on that site as well, but as of 25 Mar 11 someone named Deuce there posted this

"Mr. Harron is still compiling the EH. No time for the mod. The mod would be just another (if highly superior) REH/Conan pastiche. The technology could very well be outdated tomorrow.

The encyclopaedia, on the other hand, will be a sourcebook for all and sundry pasticheurs in EVERY media, whether that be prose, comics, gaming or films. Since all entries will have their source in Howard (NO pastiches), would-be pasticheurs best read the EH before attempting an "interpretation".

No more excuses about "I didn't know, so I made it up."

That, IMO, is far more important than any videogame.

All that said, Al's mod (as far as it went) DID kick ass. "

EH being encyclopedia Hyborian, As to if
    Taranaich will get back into the MOD, and or pass it along to someone else to do is another matter. I doubt seriously if he will pass it along though as he did state on the REH Forum that it is a personal project.

Taranaich has not posted anything to do about the MOD since 07 (I think) which is when I started waiting for the mod. I have no idea how long he has been working on the EH but someday hopefully he will return to this awesome project of his and accept help from some other experienced modders to see it to completion.

Maybe the new film will get RE Howards world a bit more interest..........

Draxlerodshvn's Avatar Laetus

Hullo, I'm new to this site, love the Total War Series and the Mods and patches that go with them! So glad to be here.
    Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone at all is working on a Hyborian Age TW game? I'm really surprised one hasn't been made yet. There is so much to draw from and put into a game from that fantasy world, it's a shame nothing is out their yet.
    Can anyone give me any info?

as you see, this one here is, unfortunately, long dead

have no idea about others...been looking about something similar too..

thank Crom and Mithra, though, there are many other cool fantasy mods around..just search through the forums and you'll certainly find something to have fun with

Draxlerodshvn's Avatar Laetus

Thanks for the info, I been searching, found some good stuff, still, I am quite surprised this world has not been done oh well.

As it appears this Hyborean mod is dead, does anyone know of any other Conan TW mods out there?

Libertus

Mod looks sick. Will be awaiting in patience...

Quote Originally Posted by Vercingetorixx View Post
    As it appears this Hyborean mod is dead, does anyone know of any other Conan TW mods out there?
    As far as I know there is none
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafersan View Post
    Mod looks sick. Will be awaiting in patience...
    Well....have fun....

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

This will not be released (I've been trying to contact Taranaich in the past even with help from others and never gotten a response), unless if someone wants to start over from scratch which is a lot of work.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Vercingetorixx View Post
    I once ran upon one for the original MTW, also called Hyborian Age: Total War. You might try looking around for that.

Centenarius

Sorry for necroposting but it seems that he is active on this site http://www.conan.com/invboard/index.php?showuser=1456
    Maybe someone can try to contact him and ask if he can release his work (maybe as a resource)
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Is this mod still in development? Any betas? I really want to try this mod, but it seems like it died 7 years ago..............

Quote Originally Posted by chimengxx11 View Post
    Is this mod still in development? Any betas? I really want to try this mod, but it seems like it died 7 years ago..............
    It is most likely Very dead. But if you want to talk to Al (the guy who was making this) about it, the place he's most active is his blog; http://theblogthattimeforgot.blogspot.com/
    "The only thing I'm afraid of is fear." Sir Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345