Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: RTR Platinum v1.9 mod switch version

Default Re: RTR Platinum v1.9 mod switch version

That`s a matter of personal preference.

Is there a way to play v 1.9 with music? I installed it over BI1.6 and there's no music. Thanks

Lab

Quote Originally Posted by Titus Labienus View Post
    Is there a way to play v 1.9 with music? I installed it over BI1.6 and there's no music. Thanks

Lab
    Any idea if you managed to sort that, mate? Mine's exactly the same...

Never mind: found out what was going on.

A big thank you to florin80 whose posts elsewhere I latched on to & from them ascertained the fix.

PadrePio's Avatar Civis

Is it okay to install RTR Platinum v1.9 on an RTW directory with RTR VII-FOE already installed?

If Foe is completely modfoldered and you also use the mod switch version of RTRPE(and not the regular non modfoldered version) it should be fine.

PadrePio's Avatar Civis

Thank you for the reply. I've installed it anyway and it worked. No problem whatsoever; both of them---FOE and RTRPE---are working fine.

Why isn't this on a normal server where you dont have to pay to use a download manager? I connect at 28.8 There is no way of downloading it for me without a download manager.

Hi, after all of these years i decided to try Rome Total War, and this mod in particular, but i have a question, i have to install RTW, the patches mentioned, Barbarian Invasion, but..what about Alexander?, can i install the alexander expansion?

You can. Just install the game and its expansions before the mod.

I get a can't find steam error message when clicking in the RTR icon that was installed....how do you fix that?

debux's Avatar Senator

Hello peeps!

I've got a small problem here... I've been trying to add overhead hoplite animations to RTRPE mod-switch since at least 6 months (on and off, although mostly off ) And I haven't been able to do so!

Today I found two options: through adding SignifierOne's hoplite animations and through the optional Add-Ons avaible on the RTR homepage.

The first one failed due to Win 7 not letting the animation extractor do it's job, therefore I can't add the animations myself. The second one failed because it seems to be that the optional add-ons only work for the non-mod-switch version of RTRPE.

Help? Can't see any way out of this unless I copy all the vanilla RTW files and make a "new" RTW which I can add the non-mod-switch version optional add-ons, which I don't know how to do either (this thing of having a second RTW)

Cheers!

Afaik the mod switch installer has a number of optionals and I thought the overhand animation is among them.

debux's Avatar Senator

First of all, thanks for the reply

Nup. No options there. I'll list them if you wish:
    -RTW-BI Unified Skeleton
    -No Landblocks
    -No Torches for night battles
    -Cognomen mod
    -Sinuhet's AI battle formations
    -Preferences (Do not show banners, Green arrows off, no fatigue)
    -Becksim's Gladius Loading bar
    -RTR ground types
    -No landbridges

I've tried before with the RTW-BI unified skeletons, but I'm sure I looked it up and it was for modding or something. I'm also sure that I clicked it once.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by debux View Post
    I'll list them if you wish:
    -RTW-BI Unified Skeleton
    I was under the impressions(never personally tried the mod switch version) that the optional with the animations comes with some of them implemented in DMB too.

In a few words, to implement the overhand animations you need to make two things:
    1. make sure you have the right animation pack(the one that contains the overhand animation) installed; I think the last version of rtrpe comes with it by default, but if it`s separately, inside an add-on, you`ll have to add it yourself.
    2. secondly you need to edit the file called descr_model_battle from Rome - Total War\RTRPE\data. Make a backup of it first. Then you need to replace the regular spear animation with the one for overhand for each entry of each unit that you want to have it. Like so(example from vanilla RTW):
    Code:
    type				greek_hoplite
    skeleton			fs_spearman, fs_swordsman
    indiv_range			40
    texture				slave, data/models_unit/textures/unit_greek_hoplite_slave.tga
    texture				greek_cities, data/models_unit/textures/unit_greek_hoplite_greek.tga
    model_flexi			data/models_unit/unit_greek_hoplite_high.cas, 15
    model_flexi			data/models_unit/unit_greek_hoplite_med.cas, 30
    model_flexi			data/models_unit/unit_greek_hoplite_low.cas, 40
    model_flexi			data/models_unit/unit_greek_hoplite_lowest.cas, max
    model_sprite		slave, 60.0, data/sprites/slave_greek_hoplite_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		greek_cities, 60.0, data/sprites/greek_cities_greek_hoplite_sprite.spr
    model_tri			400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f
    to:
    Code:
    type				greek_hoplite
    skeleton			fs_s1_hoplite, fs_swordsman
    indiv_range			40

If you need more directions I recommend you make a thread in the workshop:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=208
    Last edited by florin80; May 27, 2010 at 10:08 AM.

debux's Avatar Senator

First of all, thanks.

I'll try your method, but I can't add more animations because Windows 7 doesn't let me (admin) unpack the animation files (
    with PatricianS' Animations Copier, although I just realised I was missing Vercingertorix's xidx packer/unpacker) Hopefully RTRPE mod-switch has them included.

The add-ons on the RTR homepage seem to only work with a non-mod-switch version of RTRPE, because I wasn't able to get into RT battles with any faction (a window would come saying that there was an error at a certain line, which I suppose means that there are missing files or they are somewhere else = installation process is different = RTRPE which replaces original game files)

Is there any way I can thank you?

Quote Originally Posted by debux View Post
    I'll try your method, but I can't add more animations because Windows 7 doesn't let me (admin) unpack the animation files ( with PatricianS' Animations Copier, although I just realised I was missing Vercingertorix's xidx packer/unpacker) Hopefully RTRPE mod-switch has them included.
    You don`t need to individually add animations to your pack, but just to overwrite the existing one with one that has more. I.e. just take the files from the unified animation pack and use them to overwrite yours(make a backup of your originals first).
    The add-ons on the RTR homepage seem to only work with a non-mod-switch version of RTRPE
    As I`ve said, you just take the files from data\animations(of the optional or mod that has them implemented) and place them inside your Rome - Total War\RTRPE\data\animations. If the optional is an installer, just install it in an empty folder and then copy paste from there.

Tiro

what is the diffrence between platinum and gold?

Gold was made for RTW v1.2 while Platinum is basically a port of Gold to the engine of RTW v1.5(you can also play it with BI v1.6 or ATW). The AI in RTW v1.5 is said to be better and you also have night battles and a couple more things of this sort.

...well hello to all. its been a long long time since i played good ole rtr. 6 years? more? just wanted to see those phalanx one more time!! lol

..mm really is a lot to commend rtw..the guttural sound effects the scream of the dieing...the immediacy of troop movements.

im just beggin for a rome 2 total war.
    Last edited by adamsleath; July 14, 2010 at 10:52 AM.
    Viva la France
    q9550|quad core enabled with CPU Control 2.1|GTX 480|6GB DDR2|Vista HP 64bit|BenQG2420