Thread: How to not get all my nobles to hate my king.

Default How to not get all my nobles to hate my king.

Hi,

Ive just had many problems with my last 4 kings, out 5 kings, since they all seem to get "inspires civil war" and that has just screwed my campaign since i all my nobles just get the "you are not my king" trait and it is a big pain...

It was weird because when my last king, playing as England, took the power, i was in war with Milan, Spain and Poland. Not too long after he took power i made peace with Milan and Spain, and i decided to create an army to invade Poland to aid the falling HRE, and extend my lands in eastern Europe, 3 turns after my king got to Poland, he gets "inspires civil war" and all of England turns into a huge mess. Something like that had happened with my 2 previous kings, except that it was when i decided to invade Scotland and Spain.

So, i just wanted to know what can i do to avid the possibility of getting that trait, does sending my king in a campaign makes this happen? and, if in case i have it, is there some way to make my nobles not dislike him again (with that i mean if there is some way for my king to lose the trait)?

Default Re: How to not get all my nobles to hate my king.

this issue is probably answered in the download section of DLV, have you read the long pages explaining in detail the changes made to vanilla by this mod?

anyway: as far as i remember, loyalty comes from various sources:

-authority your king has, try getting higher authority by using him as a succesful general. also leavin king at capitol (original one) gives him "at seat of power" trait, that increases authority.

-make princes fight a lot, so if they reach kinghood alive, they have propper authority.

-get the crown ASAP. try having the prince near capitol so if kings happens to die (now he doesnt at fixed 60´s so you got to be cautious) you can get your prince crowned and boosted significantly in authority

-distance from your king, as bigger the distance the more rebellious nobles tend to be. try not to send not LOYAL or better nobles to the front. i even had a crown prince rebelling so...

-allways you have a new noble try to leave him with the king for a few years. this will be compensated with a "has the kings eye" trait that gives them more loyalty

-if you are in the red (losing money) more than one or two turns, nobility starts to lose loyalty.

-(i believe that) if you lose lands, nobility is not happy

-if you remove titles from certain character he will get amused at first, then if you keep doing so, he woul get really angry at you.

-certain titles gives loyalty bonus, while others take loyalty from them. watch out the later.

-disloyal nobles and youarenotmyking´s tend to rethink their posture once they get thrown off their owned city.

-have a young nobleman get to the disloyal, have his titles, then build a fort outhere and help the disloyal to rethink his priorities sitting at the fort, where he doesnt affect your economy.

-if you have money problems send the disloyal in a boat to meet mr pirate. noble bodyguards are not for free. do it before you get in the red and disloyals becomes youarentomyking´s and you cant move the bastards...

-if you have high loyalty around, nobles tend to be more loyal, if the overall loyalty is low, nobles tend to be disloyal.

i dont remember more factors right now.

quick rules of thumb:

-kill the disloyal
    -keep medium loyals near capitol
    -keep king at capitol
    -prince coronel, (chivalrous is best)
    -only very loyal people goes to frontier
    -move nobles away, dont keep them static at frontier
    -very low authority king or idiot prince gets pirate meeting
    -always spend the first years of a nobleman at capitol with king

probably a stupid question but it bugs me...........how exactly do you take/give titles?
    Not changing signature until Oklahoma University wins the national championship. (Started 8-18-07)

Just put the 2 nobles in the same army or city, and then drag the title from one noble to the other`s portrait.

Tnx for the answer ivanhoex, just one extra doubt, if my king offends the nobles or inspires civil war, if i do all the things to increase loyalty, can he lose the trait?
    Last edited by Ozy; June 17, 2007 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yaelthecruel View Post
    Tnx for the answer ivanhoex, just one extra doubt, if my king offends the nobles or inspires civil war, if i do all the things to increase loyalty, can he lose the trait?
    No, from what I've seen a king cant lose his "offends the nobility" trait.

"It's best to shut your mouth and let everyone think you're ignorant, then to open your mouth and prove it."

Quote Originally Posted by fahrenheit View Post
    No, from what I've seen a king cant lose his "offends the nobility" trait.
    Actually he can : just sit him in the capitol. He *must* have the crown as well so make sure there is a free ancillary spot for it. If his Authority is 5+ there is a chance each turn he will get the "Reconciled to the Nobles" trait.

This also applies if the King "Inspires Civil War" - once the King has "Reconciled to the Nobility" trait you must send disloyal nobles to the Capitol (keeping the King there) to seek the Kings forgiveness. Each turn there is a chance they will either be forgiven or he will throw them in the Dungeon for a while. Characters in the Dungeon remain in the Capitol and cannot move until released.

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Henri View Post
    Actually he can : just sit him in the capitol. He *must* have the crown as well so make sure there is a free ancillary spot for it. If his Authority is 5+ there is a chance each turn he will get the "Reconciled to the Nobles" trait.
    Odd, that hasnt happened to me before.
    I always keep my heir and faction leader in the capitol (so the crowning is faster), but there was more than one instance of my heir becoming leader, getting the offends nobility trait, a turn later getting crowned, five turns later half of the family turns into rebels or has one loyalty stat.

"It's best to shut your mouth and let everyone think you're ignorant, then to open your mouth and prove it."

Very interesting thread. Thanks to all for sharing tips as I'm still trying to figure this mod as well!

Oo, its good to know, but all my nobles get really slow to move them all the way to the capital.

All that were mentioned are preventive measures.

When the generals are having slow movement points and rebelling "you are not my king" ... the only way is to use cheat.

Select the general, press "~" to start console:

Type "remove_trait this Disloyal"

Select the king, press "~" to start console:

Type "remove_trait this OffendNobles"

p.s. Use the exact spelling and caps of the trait for it to work, check the traits file in /data folder.

i have a bug of my own concerning this.

when i have a full autority king, but WITHOUT crown, when he gets crowned, the added autority works like if he had zero authority... let me explain with numbers:

if my king has 9 authority, gets crowned and now has around 3 authority, if he had 10 authority, now has 4....

its like when he has more than ten then the games resolves that best to encompass to normal messure is ... resting ten.

odd isnt it?

maybe its fixed in 3.1 02 but i have 3.0 and i killed a few kings because of them having to much authority....

Lord Finga's Avatar Decanus

that's a known vanilla bug - only CA can fix this cz it's hardcoded.

INVENTOR OF THE SettlementOccupiedScript v08 #4(SOS) for dlv 3.0
    INVENTOR OF THE ChangeCapital v2.04 for dlv 5.2

then they will keep dying an undeserved death XD

Hi,

My king is now in my capital, and now has 10 authority points. Its been several turns (i would say 20 approximately) but he doesn't get the "Reconciled to the Nobles" trait. How long do i have to wait to get it?

Edit: I just read darkangel9797´1 post, so the "Reconciled to the Nobles" trait doesn't exist? I guess ill just use the cheat...
    Last edited by Ozy; June 25, 2007 at 06:31 PM.

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

Quote Originally Posted by yaelthecruel View Post
    So, i just wanted to know what can i do to avid the possibility of getting that trait, does sending my king in a campaign makes this happen? and, if in case i have it, is there some way to make my nobles not dislike him again (with that i mean if there is some way for my king to lose the trait)?
    You can't. Plain and simple. The whole "Civil War" feature does not work properly. I've posted on this subject many times, but it seems that modders decided to ignore this problem (or my posts in that matter). You should know, it's totally random, although some factions are prone to "Inspire Civil War", notably Spain. And some, like England, are bulletproof (almost).

It's not fair to claim modders are not interested into this problem. The lead developers of this mod are excused until further notice because of tons of work in real life (see stickies), but several participants to DLV looked at this problem.
    It has been confirmed that there are issues (see Bug Thread) and fixes have been proposed. However, genuine bug-fixes for the core DLV will have to wait for the lead developers to return to gaming. the Move-Capital mod has implemented a bug-fix for this problem, check it out if this is really upsetting you...
    Be patient with our the DLV-team, they did an awesome job on this mod, they did it in their free time, and free... Not many people want to give up that many hours of gaming-time (I know I wouldn't )

Cheers...
    Horum Omnium Fortissimi Sunt Belgae

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Belgae View Post
    It's not fair to claim modders are not interested into this problem. The lead developers of this mod are excused until further notice because of tons of work in real life (see stickies), but several participants to DLV looked at this problem.
    It has been confirmed that there are issues (see Bug Thread) and fixes have been proposed. However, genuine bug-fixes for the core DLV will have to wait for the lead developers to return to gaming. the Move-Capital mod has implemented a bug-fix for this problem, check it out if this is really upsetting you...
    Be patient with our the DLV-team, they did an awesome job on this mod, they did it in their free time, and free... Not many people want to give up that many hours of gaming-time (I know I wouldn't )

Cheers...
    First of all, I think that DLV is the best mod available, and stated that several times. And before you start talking about me being ungrateful towards modders, read this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...46#post1756546
    I know about timing, I was a skinner for ASOIAF mod, until my family issues made me take a break.
    Second, I've been posting about this since DLV 2.0, so your "wait for modders to return to gaming" suggestion is irrelevant. See here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=78332&page=21 Post #420 and on...
    And if you'll look on the next page, you'll see this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...37#post1594137
    I'm still waiting.
    Moreover, I consider my feedbacks being constructive:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...4&#post1857594
    I've posted in the "Blood, Broads and Bastards" thread as well. You can guess the rest.
    Asking for the answer isn't disrespect.
    Do you agree with me on that?
    Last edited by Henry of Grosmont; June 27, 2007 at 02:47 PM.