Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Kalos' Hall of Art

Default Kalos' Otherworldly Gallery

Well, this first one is pretty crappy. I accidentally did a brush filter thinking it looked a bit better, then by the time I realized it was bad it was too late to go back. Oh, and I forgot to turn grass on in game so that cheesy little grass you see is actually a brush. (And I actually kind of like this particular brushing effect)

Default Re: The Gallery of Norseyness

I feel shunned.

Oo, dude you really screwed that pic

Dont worry, im sure even Crypel has done it too.

The grass was kind of good...
    Last edited by Ozy; June 13, 2007 at 01:38 PM.

Criticism, yay!

Since you like criticism i'll criticise your picture

It's true that the picture is pretty screwed up. And i know it's not easy to make a photoshop lightning, but it's kinda fat in the center. I think the mountains look really cool though, and the grass is actually pretty well done.

Here you go.

I'd really like that you would add a comment to my gallery to my pictures. You can find it in my signature.
    Ég heiti Gunnar

My gallery

Click above to see my gallery

Actually that was a picture of lightning that got screwed up in the filter. I'm really good at Photoshop and have been using it for years I just got... carried away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalos View Post
    Actually that was a picture of lightning that got screwed up in the filter. I'm really good at Photoshop and have been using it for years I just got... carried away.
    Oh, ok sorry about that.

I've been fooling around with photoshop and i think my skills are improving. What do you think about my pictures?
    Ég heiti Gunnar

My gallery

If you want to use filters, try blending them on top of each other and differently. Take my signature for example. I used Gaussian(sp?) blur and motion blur but I blended them differently to give the trees and hills a kind of ghostly appearance and it doesn't look dumb.

By the way, I really like the purple sky picture in your gallery.

If you want to use filters, try blending them on top of each other and differently. Take my signature for example. I used Gaussian(sp?) blur and motion blur but I blended them differently to give the trees and hills a kind of ghostly appearance and it doesn't look dumb.

By the way, I really like the purple sky picture in your gallery.
    Thanks, ill probably try that some day. I just added i new picture where i experimented with some rain and Sin City effects. Check it out.
    Ég heiti Gunnar

My gallery

Crushed

Last edited by Kalos; June 14, 2007 at 09:19 PM.

I really like this one. I have it set as my desktop background.

Midnight Charge

Last edited by Kalos; June 14, 2007 at 09:18 PM.

Here's another from that same battle.

Pincer

Last edited by Kalos; June 14, 2007 at 09:18 PM.

Domesticus

Midnight Charge is the best, death under the night sky.
    if you dont mind, iam going to use that as my wallpaper.

I like midnight charge very much. I also think that pincer is very nice. +rep

Edit: sorry, cant rep you again
    Ég heiti Gunnar

My gallery

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

"Odin sanctions this battle."

Pretty cool; surreal-looking. I like it.

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

I'm actually quite a fan of your screens. A couple have an excellent, surrealistic feel to them, while almost all still keep that element of medieval combat alive, without fantasizing it too much. Well done!

Vindahl's Avatar Citizen

I like to be honest, so...
    I really like your effects, it is clear that you have used a lot of time on that, and have good understanding for it.
    However, I dont like your screenshots in general.
    I just dont quite feel that they are "Epic" moments. All of them pretty much shows the same thing, cavalry charging into infantry. And on all the pics I dont feel you have narrowed it good enough.
    It gives the image some "stir" the way you have taken your screens.

Pic1 - Some elements in the pic are ruining the rest of the image I think. ( Half a lance there, some running infantry units there etc. ) Vegetation, mountains, the sky and the lightning is actually REALLY nice. All in all, actually a very good pic.

Pic2 - In my eyes, the worst of the images. I think the "photo" effect is not working on the pic. The cavalry are set good up here, it is just a really big shame that the infantry are standing as they are. Perhaps if you rotated the cam 90 degress, so we saw the infantry in front, with the charging cavalry behind them, also facing the cam. But then we would not have the wodden palisade in the back of course.

Pic3 - Nice calm picture, the sky-effect is just beautiful. However I think that the pic is too calm. The units should either be standing still or be charging. There is no action in walking units, not even on a horse! But a nice angle though.

Pic4 - Too messed up... Too few units to be a real battle scene, and too much "stir" to be an epic moment. With a pic this dark, I think the torches are ruining the feeling here.

My final advice... (Dont take this as "I-hate-your-work-you-amateur" kinda comment, I am not nearly as good as you, but I still wanted to give some contructive critisism, take it or leave it...)
    I think you should take more time on finding the right spot to take the pic. If something is not working 100% Dont take the pic, wait, find a new moment, and search for a nice angle.
    Personally, I dont care so much for the effects, they are nice to have of course, but the action on the pic is the most important. Vary your shots (its nice to look at a Monet painting of water lilys, but looking at 50 water lilys paintings can be quite boring, and you will not notice a lot of beuatiful details in each of them, you get me? let us see other pics than just charges, let us see other angles), be original and keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Vindahl; June 15, 2007 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindahl View Post
    I like to be honest, so...
    I really like your effects, it is clear that you have used a lot of time on that, and have good understanding for it.
    However, I dont like your screenshots in general.
    I just dont quite feel that they are "Epic" moments. All of them pretty much shows the same thing, cavalry charging into infantry. And on all the pics I dont feel you have narrowed it good enough.
    It gives the image some "stir" the way you have taken your screens.

Pic1 - Some elements in the pic are ruining the rest of the image I think. ( Half a lance there, some running infantry units there etc. ) Vegetation, mountains, the sky and the lightning is actually REALLY nice. All in all, actually a very good pic.

Pic2 - In my eyes, the worst of the images. I think the "photo" effect is not working on the pic. The cavalry are set good up here, it is just a really big shame that the infantry are standing as they are. Perhaps if you rotated the cam 90 degress, so we saw the infantry in front, with the charging cavalry behind them, also facing the cam. But then we would not have the wodden palisade in the back of course.

Pic3 - Nice calm picture, the sky-effect is just beautiful. However I think that the pic is too calm. The units should either be standing still or be charging. There is no action in walking units, not even on a horse! But a nice angle though.

Pic4 - Too messed up... Too few units to be a real battle scene, and too much "stir" to be an epic moment. With a pic this dark, I think the torches are ruining the feeling here.

My final advice... (Dont take this as "I-hate-your-work-you-amateur" kinda comment, I am not nearly as good as you, but I still wanted to give some contructive critisism, take it or leave it...)
    I think you should take more time on finding the right spot to take the pic. If something is not working 100% Dont take the pic, wait, find a new moment, and search for a nice angle.
    Personally, I dont care so much for the effects, they are nice to have of course, but the action on the pic is the most important. Vary your shots (its nice to look at a Monet painting of water lilys, but looking at 50 water lilys paintings can be quite boring, and you will not notice a lot of beuatiful details in each of them, you get me? let us see other pics than just charges, let us see other angles), be original and keep up the good work.

Alright, thanks for the hints. It's kind of hard to get other angles though since the movie_cam and cinematic editor hate me and won't work even though I've tried it about 10 times. But yeah I'll get some different pictures up later today with more varied elements.

And thanks for the comments everyone, glad you've felt the almost "Surreal" theme I've been putting into some of them.

What is a helmet to the soldiers of God?

The Holy Lands

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast