Thread: Music - legal?

Tiro

Default Music - legal?

I have a question, I have seen some links to some singers/groups, does that mean that their work is inside the mod? If so, do you have permission, or is it illegal?

Sinuhet's Avatar Preparing for death

Default Re: Music - legal?

First of all, čauvec.

All music included to this mod is freely for download for anybody from this link:

http://www.husitstvi.cz/husite-v-pisnich.php.

I dont have written permission by authors of songs, true. But I assume that it is perfectly legal to download them (they are said to be "ukázka"="demo") and use them for non-commercial purposes to expand the main idea of the server www.husitstvi.cz - to promote the hussite ideas. I assume that this server has permission from authors, almost 100% probable it is mainly for Daniel Landa ...

As for legality of including them to my mod - I have cited the authors of all songs in Readme, including the url to their webs, and I have also clearly stated in Readme that no part cannot be used for (mainly commercial) activity without written permission of respective authors. So, if you will listen these songs included in this mod, you are doing the same thing as if you download these demos yourself and listen them separately. Nothing more and nothing else. In fact, I am expanding the promotion of these demos and eventual possibility of attracting the interest of other customers of the authors of these songs - so, I dont harm their rights, but I promote they work in some other way and I can attract new customers to them indirectly.

If it is legal per se, I dont know, I am not a lawyer. But I didnt find some limitation for usage these records in the web site, from which they are freely downloadable. In every case, I didnt "derived" them from some CD or tape, and then included them into the mod - there is some other link between me and authors of these songs. If you are interested in this thing more deeply, please, ask the people from the above mentioned web and ask them if they have written permisson from the respective authors (btw. I asssume, that "ti rozbijou držku" for such an investigative temperament of yours, nothing bad mate, but these people like to do such things...).

Dont afraid to download these songs in every case, they are good and with almost 100% it is all perfectly legal - I assume at least more than all the modding of the MTW2 game itself. If you will like them, you can go and buy the whole original CD with the respective demo song included ....

Bye Sinuhet
    My TW games "Battle Formations" projects:
    Sinuhet's ETW Formations v2.0 – for ETW
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v5.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v3.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's AI Battle Formations v7.0 – for RTW 1.5

In Patrocinivm Svb HorseArcher

Grand Duke Vytautas's Avatar Dueling it out
    Citizen

Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Universe, lol

Psssst *M2TW spy distracts soldier*
    Carefully check my sig
    “Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” ― Tacitus

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

I believe that as soon as they are not used for commercial purposes there is no problem. By the way Im trying your formations today, I bet I will like them cause in Rome Total War they used to make the ai much more challenging. I really liked . I hope I have the same ai in M2tw.