Thread: RTR 6 to 6.2 error

Default RTR 6 to 6.2 error

I was running RTR version 6.0, and yesterday I downloaded and installed the 6.2 patch, but when I want to start up, I get this error message:

After which the game shuts off. Does anyone know where the problem lies, and how to fix it? All help is greatly appreciated.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: RTR 6 to 6.2 error

Check the stickied thread name 'Solution To Common Problems'

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

I have, the problem I have was not mentioned in it.

Since you probablu have BI (from the error shown) and you already post in RTRPE sub-forum, why not use RTRPE 1.9 instead.

RTRPE is RTR 6 Gold converted to be playable with the new RTW 1.5 and BI 1.6 engine.

Nope, BI can't be the problem either. Installed my RTR over RTW 1.5. I've never had any problems with it, until I updated yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by MagoBarca View Post
    Nope, BI can't be the problem either. Installed my RTR over RTW 1.5. I've never had any problems with it, until I updated yesterday.
    6.2 was the old version... You can't update with it. For RTW 1.5, the only RTR playable is the RTRPE series, which the latest is v1.9

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

RTR 6 Gold can only be played with RTW patched to 1.2. Any later version will generate this error.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Moved to RTR sub-forum.

Citizen

It should also be pointed out that RTR 6 was released in the order of RTR 6.0, RTR 6.1, RTR 6.2, RTR 6.3 and finally RTR 6 Gold (which was RTR 6.3 with a minor fix).

If you had been playing RTR 6 why did you install RTR 6.2? Were you really playing RTR 6.0? If you were playing RTR 6.0 then you should not have seen the error message shown - as previously posted it's the error message that is output when you install RTR 6 over a version of RTW later than 1.2.

If the version of RTW you have is later than 1.2 (when you launch RTW the version number is shown on the Options menu in the top right hand corner) you need to start again and install RTR PE.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

I cant get RTR 6.0 to work on my computer! anyone want to help me

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by dmz1010 View Post
    I cant get RTR 6.0 to work on my computer! anyone want to help me
    If you supply some detail someone may be able to help you. Otherwise you are just wasting your time and ours.