Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Portvcale v0.3

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Default Re: Portvcale v0.3

Gen_Lee you are simply the best,thank you
    Last edited by Ludicus; July 07, 2007 at 02:14 PM.

Boicote, i have just installed your mod over clean install & 1.2 patched.
    I am very knowledgeable in the mechanics of the game and I modded RTW intensely (just so you don't take this as a noobish statement).

First i had a few CTDs while browsing throught the faction descriptions (not a huge prob since i read the known bugs section but still very annoying)
    once i had chosen to play as Genoa i was excited as set everything high and hardest, during ai forst turn the game suspended in moors turn... waited about 10min still no change, sprites were good so the game hadn't froze??

I changed everything UI and vid qlty to min and had a few try's of Genoa again but still same bug.

PM me if you have a quick fix otherwise i hope to see a patch soon

PS i couldn't find a sub forum or bug thread fo rthis mod so sorry if it is posted in the wrong area...

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by sounds like killing View Post
    Boicote, i have just installed your mod over clean install & 1.2 patched.
    I am very knowledgeable in the mechanics of the game and I modded RTW intensely (just so you don't take this as a noobish statement).

First i had a few CTDs while browsing throught the faction descriptions (not a huge prob since i read the known bugs section but still very annoying)
    once i had chosen to play as Genoa i was excited as set everything high and hardest, during ai forst turn the game suspended in moors turn... waited about 10min still no change, sprites were good so the game hadn't froze??

I changed everything UI and vid qlty to min and had a few try's of Genoa again but still same bug.

PM me if you have a quick fix otherwise i hope to see a patch soon

PS i couldn't find a sub forum or bug thread fo rthis mod so sorry if it is posted in the wrong area...
    Well,in my game nothing wrong happened,playing with Genoa.Everything goes smooth.
    Something wrong with it?

nobel's Avatar Libertus

@ slk
    i had a similer problem with my first game with ... someone .
    but anway. i just closed it went back and the specific problem hasn't happened again.

@Port. ok, first things first. Love the job you have done, brought depth to the game without having to add on incredibly slow build times. but theres a few things i noticed whilst playing.
    first thing, (you will find this in Lithuania) lowest level town regions that are captured refuse to grow, so have to be converted into castles. not sure if that was intentional or not.
    secondly i had a few CTD's when unit icons refused to appear in one of my army's. also happened when coming out of a battle the gen's anic's icons came up white and CTD.

anyway congrats on some great work. cant believe you don't have a forum for this mod.

Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies.

Voltaire, when asked by a priest to renounce Satan on his deathbed.

T his is the Battlemodels to use in conjuction with Darth's files.
    It should go to portvcale/data/unit_models

This is the full install of Darth magical files v2 adapted to Portvcale v3 (edu +battlemodels)
    Just unzip and copy/past the content of Portdarthv1.4b to main game folder.

Citizen

anyway congrats on some great work. cant believe you don't have a forum for this mod.

You know,Boicote don´t want a subforum.(lack of time/professional life)
    Anf thanks again,Gen_Lee for your hard work

Gen_lee,

Thanks for the adaptations! Two questions:1) does darth mod and realcombat adaptations to portvcale interfere with each other? Is it possible to make an adaptation of Oda Nobunaga's Carreer System and Blood, Broads & Bastards?

cheers,
    Cururu

Ieuano's Avatar Decanus

hey biocote, which file did you use to correct the devastation problems in the aging 1year/turn mod, and can you upload it somewhere? thankyou.
    Total Rep = Unknown???? who will +rep me to the crown, whomever it is will get a mystery prize! or will they...

Regarding real combat and Darth's, several files interfere in fact (Projectiles, Exp_descr_unit, Mounts, Walls etc...)
    So it's not advisable to use both mixed.
    Still it seems that some Darth's files can be used With Real combat Edu that I adapted to Portvcale v3 with fine results.
    Those files are:
    battle_config
    config_ai_battle
    descr_formations
    descr_formations_ai
    descr_pathfinding (2 files)

So that means that you can use both of your adaptations together in Portucale? That would be really cool!

Yep You can.
    But I do not advise so.
    In fact Darth's made also changes in the battlemodels file, therefore I think to achieve it's best results ppl need to install the full Portdarth file and do not combine it with other mods.
    Regarding the adaptation of BBB v2.0 to Portvcale. v3.
    It's possible (I already did that for bbbv1.6 and Portv2) but it's a lot of work and Im not in the mood for it.
    Oda Nobunaga's Carreer System it's a mod I dont know about.

Portvcale is so much fun, I love Pisa, its alot of fun, alot of detail in so many factions, really nice and with the additions that others have made for Portvcale this is a great mod.

Hi Boicote, your mod is awesome, the best i tried so far

However i have a crash when i try to start a new campaign after adding the great add-on of gen_lee. I have to say i use my own map, but the mod works fine until i add darthmod or one of the other add-on, that cause the ctd. The problem is that if i eliminate the file of the add-on (with a backup of main data folder and portvcale folder) the campaign anyhow doesn't start and i have to reinstall medieval. I attach my system.log. Thanks ahead for your help.

P.S: sorry for my english but i'm italian

I read the system log and the only thing I can think of (Cause none of the addons I did for Portvalce v3 affects the:
    Portvcale/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt
    It is possible that You instaled the old addon for Portvcale v2 that I did adding Dearmad's BBBv1.6?
    Cause the Addon with Darthfiles does not touch the folder World in any way.
    And the addon with Pnv naval battles and Mentor mod aldo does not use any file on the world folder.
    Same for Realcombat+Ubai adaptation.

Hm...no i don't add dearmad's bbb...however you are right that probably is the descr_strat.txt but why it doesn't work only after add the add-on? if i add the map and the other 4 modified file (descr_strat, descr_region ecc...) on the portvcale folder it work perfectly, maybe because some name of units that i add in the descr_strat are modified by the add-on? I'll try modify the descr_strat...

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

just came here to say: this is a veeeeeeeeery good mod.

This is a very good mod.
    I think it is no. 1 in all mod.

I have to thank you for all your excellent efforts.

But some faction can not have their family tree.
    It let me feel so sad.

For example. Genoa.
    I add family by my-self.
    But some abnormal things happaned.

1. No child .. only wife.
    2. Some factions are not destroyed, but it showed destroyed.

I hope next version, you can improve family tree.

Thank you.

I expect your new version..

GO GO!! Portvcale....!!!

Ieuano's Avatar Decanus

they intentionally dont have family trees, they were republics
    Total Rep = Unknown???? who will +rep me to the crown, whomever it is will get a mystery prize! or will they...