Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Portvcale v0.3

Dan_Grr's Avatar Dan the Man

Default Re: Portvcale v0.3

Please report any typos, errors or other things you think they're somehow broken.
    Of all the disorders of the soul, envy is the only one no one confesses to. - Plutarch, c. A.D. 46-120

Under the wise patronage of cunobelin

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

i like this mod really, but one thing i can't understand.
    where is burgundy??? i see pisa and cumans. where is burgundy???

it was the half of today france and one of the biggest state in europe, bigger than england in the 10th century. i don't speak about power, only about land.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Seems like the mod is a little unstable. Sometimes, for no apparent reasons, some if not all of the icons you can click on are replaced by... other stuff, like Land Clearance icon and the such. The game, in that condition, is more likely to CTD. It happened quite a few time to me.

I dunno if you can fix this, but you should release a patch as soon as possible.

Default Great Mod! But...

So far, this is the best mod I've ever experienced, but I think I found a bug or something...

1. There is no family tree for Venice.
    If you open your family tree, only one character (i.e., the faction leader) will show up. Even if you have many children, they will not show up in the family tree.

2. Venetian navy is way too strong!
    If you play Venice, you will have a super navy. I noticed that only one unit of Venetian Galley is just enough to beat any number or any form of armada.

Is anybody experiencing the same thing??

Hattori's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by GotCrabs? View Post
    Seems like the mod is a little unstable. Sometimes, for no apparent reasons, some if not all of the icons you can click on are replaced by... other stuff, like Land Clearance icon and the such. The game, in that condition, is more likely to CTD. It happened quite a few time to me.

I dunno if you can fix this, but you should release a patch as soon as possible.
    Yup I've exeperienced that myself, I've reported to boicote to see what he can do. Although lately I havent got any of those, it seems to happen a bit randomly.

Under Patronage of MARCVS

deRougemont's Avatar Yeoman

Excellent work Boicote!

Being playing as Portugal on Me/Vh, max settings, on 57 turn and I didnt get any cdt yet.

Big E's Avatar Civis

i have a noob question, how do u downlaod it, last time i tried, it didn't do anything

Hattori's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Big E View Post
    i have a noob question, how do u downlaod it, last time i tried, it didn't do anything
    Try here
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1444

Under Patronage of MARCVS

I hope i can see the new world on the next release...hehehe....here is a source of native brasilians.....
    http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Povos_i...enas_do_Brasil
    in portuguese...
    Brasil Porra!!!

SirGejor's Avatar Biarchus

Hello Boicote! I think that this mod is a the best, best mod , but the file not available in server.I don't manage to do the download. In the site of the filefront a mistake that the file is not in the server happens. Please help me!! Thank you.

********O QUE NÃO NOS MATA, NOS FORTALECE**********

CONNAN

AI hoarding way too many catapults/ballistas?

KaerMorhen's Avatar Vicarius

This mod looks quite interesting enough to download it so after work I'll give it a chance. Couldn't find much campaignmap screenshots but I guess is vanilla scale, isn't it???.

Hi
    I downloaded Portvcale 0.3 over MTW patch 1.2 and have no sound. The mod looks brilliant but I have no sound Can anybody help? For info, I have a top range vista machine.

This new version is an impressive improvement. Nice work.

I had some CTD when I was selecting the faction in the campaign menu.

I have already played some years with Portugal and with Castile and Leon.

I have a couple of comments/suggestions that can be used in the next version:

The “cavaleiros-vilãos” weren’t an exclusive “military unit” from Portugal, they where a reality in the entire Península Ibérica, as a border society. The “caballería villana” also existed in Leon, Castile, Aragon, Catalonia and (here I don’t know) probably in Navarre.

On the other hand, the “jinetes”, weren’t only a reality in Leon and Castile, they where also used in Portugal, with the designation “ginetes”. The expression “montar à gineta” was still used in XV century Portuguese documents. But it seems that Portugal has not them anymore.

A final statement. In the so called “Treaty of Zamora”, we can’t really say that Alfonso VII did recognize the independence of Portugal. He was the imperator of all Hispania, so we could have a king like Afonso Henriques as a “vassalo”, like he had the king of Navarre. To recognize Afonso Henriques as a king it is not the same that to recognize the independence of Portugal.

I also made some suggestions here for the last version, some are still present:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=86013&page=20

These are only small details.

Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Tulius Hostilius; June 12, 2007 at 04:59 AM.
    Um dia destes vou mudar a minha assinatura.

Secadegas's Avatar Foederatus

well you guys wanted CTDs reported.... here goes one
    I dicided to play somthing new.... so i started a canpaing whith the Cumans, and in the start turn i move the hole army (as is) from Campulung and i siege the Byzie town of Veliko Tarnovo (note:this army only have 2 sepearman units in them so i only build 2 laders as siege equipament), and the i hit first turn, the ai went truh the turn fine, but as i went for the above mencionated siege and dicided for the manual batle i get the famous "M2TW enconter unispecified errror and will now exit" and Bang a CTD
    belive me i tried this several times, and always the same result
    on the other hand ive been playing with portugal and it is going fine(love those cavaleiros-vilãos )
    to Boicote: i take a look at DG skins and he did modifi the batle_models.modeldb so i decided not to risk by instaling is Byzie Skins
    ....Love that green....grass
    Edit: i tryed with both hungary and the Byzies, just to figth the cumans (manual batles) and bang....CTD as mencioned above....what the hell is wrong with them?!?!?!
    Last edited by Secadegas; June 12, 2007 at 08:57 PM.

Great mod Boicote, I just have a suggestion or two about Englands provinces. The central province in England is called Yorkshire in you're mod whereas it is actually the midlands(in generic terms). The largest citys in the midlands would have been Nottingham or Leicester. The northernmost province in England should probably be Yorkshire as it is difficult to ignore that county on a map of this scale. (There are obviously many counties in Northern England, Durham, Tyneside, Cumbria, Lancashire etc but again, on a map of this scale I think Yorkshire is the most important).

I really like the way you've done the provinces on the rest of the map though. They are all slotted together in a natural and sort of flowing way and there arent too many of them, importantly. I particularly like Anatolia, which in other mods has presented us with a tedious and slow trudge through the mountains to mop up all remaining enemies. Now, central Anatolia can be won with one large victory and most of the detail is around the coastal areas as it should be. France and the HRE also are nicely done, with lots of overlapping territory, which is historically correct.

The only thing I would add is that maybe southwestern England could have another province added such as Wessex(generic again) with its capital at Winchester, which was a much more important town then than it is now, with a large Cathedral.

Oh, one final thought:
    If you were to remove the Aztecs in order to add another faction, would you still be able to keep the Americas in but have them populated by Aztec petty states?
    Last edited by Baldwin of Jerusalem; June 12, 2007 at 09:37 AM. Reason: forgot something

PLEASE Help me!!! The download not working for Filefront, my suggestion this use the rapidshare.Thank you for any help.

********O QUE NÃO NOS MATA, NOS FORTALECE**********

CONNAN

Boicote, the download not available...The error bellow....Please look at:

FileFront:

Your download key for the requested file is invalid. Download keys are only valid for 48 hours. Once your download is complete, the key is no longer valid. Keys are also only valid for the original server.

Additionally this error may be caused because the file was not found on the server.

If you need help starting your download, please contact FileFront support.

HTML Code:
    ed2k://|file|Portvcale_v0.3.zip|306366024|C2C0FD615FE44898EFAEDFB706CE9673|/
    Emule link.