Thread: Re-emerging factions were awesome

Default Re-emerging factions were awesome

Probably one the best parts of mtw was the re-emerging factions. They added so much to the game and made it much more realistic. How come mtw2 doesnt have them? I am the only ones who liked re-emerging factions?

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Default Re: Re-emerging factions were awesome

Quote Originally Posted by arfrisco View Post
    Probably one the best parts of mtw was the re-emerging factions. They added so much to the game and made it much more realistic. How come mtw2 doesnt have them? I am the only ones who liked re-emerging factions?
    Actually although the re-emerging feature is interesting,from a different point of view,it can be annoying for a player who despises a certain faction in the game and wants to get rid of it,once and for all..

I tried to make it happen by modding,tried different methods,duplicating the dead_until_resurrected attribute in the descr_strat file for the Mongols and Timurids,as well as by implementing the "shadow faction" feature of the BI Total War,I got close to accomplish that,unfortunately couldn't get it to run without a nasty CTD.(tried it on the Scots,it worked at first but then crashed to desktop.)

Alpaca,had decided to write a script to make it possible for mtw2,but currently I don't know if he had come up with anything yet.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

not reviving the reviving factions feature was another stupid choice by CA.

Same thing with not bringing back titles, captains as generals, lesser traits for more effectiveness, proper crusades(the crusades in mtw2 are a joke, they don't even exist, there's no holywarfare in mtw2), and to some extent just bringing back the 2-Dimensional map would have made the game 10 times better.
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Quote Originally Posted by arfrisco View Post
    In general it's awesome, but it freaking sucks when you're close to victory, and then about 5 different factions reappear in your land within the span of 1 or 2 years.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews