Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Status of 2.1.0

Default Re: Status of 2.1.0

2moobke
    you may use more grafically detailed map basically. Ofcourse, it cost time and money. But as a result, we get a more unique map.

Torn, I just got back from the ole honeymoon and what was the first thing I did after driving 900 miles, checked to see if your next release was out.

I forgive you for not being finished, sounds like you are pouring a lot of different things into the mix and that this will be a pretty big release.

Kudos to all the hard work to both you and ace and everyone one else on this forum who has been contributing good ideas and minimods.

If you have an ETA for release great if not, it's simpy good to be back

The quickest route may not always be the most fun.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=315

Hello everyone.
    I'm downloading the mod (2.0) right now and can't wait to try it!

I'm just wondering if 2.1.0 is close enough to completion that I shouldn't get too attached to any games I start with the current version. If it is I might wait on my planned epic Byzantine game and play around with another faction to get the hang of the features.

I would suggest to play around and get used to some of the features... like the can't make any money feature. lol and BTW, good luck with the Byzantine's..... lol

even now, try them out. You'll have fun. = )

THE P-MAN
    Chuck Norris can make a paraplegic run for his life.

version 2.0 is definitely worth playing even though it has a couple of bugs. I've got no idea when 2.1.0 is due, although it's been in progress for some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Man View Post
    I would suggest to play around and get used to some of the features... like the can't make any money feature. lol and BTW, good luck with the Byzantine's..... lol

even now, try them out. You'll have fun. = )

THE P-MAN
    I am waiting for the next release for a more agresive game.
    hope it will come soon

Thanks, everyone. I think I'll try the Scots first to get the hang of the game while waiting for the next version. It'll also give me a chance to see if I can handle this mod on my usual difficulty setting (VH/VH).

You won't get attacked so i guess you can handle it...

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Hi guys, sorry I've been quiet as of late.

Been busy working on the mod and Real Life is hectic at the moment.

The time is giving me the chance to iron out the bugs. There is still that crash bug I'm working really hard on finding. I've killed a number of other ones but there appears to be 1 left. I want the next release to be relatively crash free at least.

No ETA yet though.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

keep workin at it!!

Torn, any idea why my game crashes at the year 1120??? ( I posted a thread not to long ago)

In 2.0 there were crashes due to bad names in the names file. Besides that, the issue I'm searching for could also have been in 2.0. Not sure.

There isn't anything special about 1120. That just happens to be the year some character with a bad name got a certain trait that caused the crash.

Bad names = Blank Names

how would I go about fixing that?

Take your time Torn... as always, better done right!

Very fun mod - been playing as Venetians for the last week. A couple of balance issues:
    Getting Order Knights early seems to unbalance a faction, making it too powerful too early. Plus I've only seen them used agianst Christen factions (except by me).
    There are very few Cavalry units used by the AI in the first 100 years. Perhaps the stables should be quick/cheap to produce at the first few levels, but with the requriement to build the barracks first (at the same level). This should get more cavalry units into the game.
    I was using the garrison script for Capitals and the holy land. It made the crusades nearly impossible. I think it is a good concept, but could be toned down by 30%. I wonder if it could be scripted to get harder as the game develops?
    I think factions could be a little more aggresive towards one another. More than half the factions were not engaged in wars at all (excepting crusades) for the first 100 years.

Things that seem very good;
    Additional muslim factions
    Build rate and economy

Thanks, and looking forward to the next version.
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

I have to say , i never thought i will get interested in M2TW. But this mod is really getting better and better.

I like that factions are balanced and chosen by historical importance.And campaign does have feel of epic achievement. 2.1.0 looks even better.

-Only small problem i noticed is in battles AI generals are quite suicidal and makes battles quite predictable.Don't know can you do something about that?

I had high hopes for DLV, but they killed my interest with adding Ireland, which was completely historicaly unimportant in this period, outside of British isles.Over factions that actually did contributed to world history of that period.

So please don't do that and ruin this good looking mod, unless you run out of other important factions(which should be almost impossible).

good job so far

@ A_B to my knowledge next version AI will be more aggressive Tornnight is busy with this issue

@ mlp071, you are not the only ex DLV player here. TLR may be the worst mod name besides Darth mod, though by far the best gaming experience. For months no word about adding or removing factions so no worry about that issue

will the new DARTH MOD ATTACK be placed inside TLR 2.1? it sounds like a very good combat mod

Torn I know you are still hunting down bugs but was just curious what you are still planning on cramming into the next release, i.e. what stuff are you still working on besides bug hunting. I read the wiki and found all kinds of goodies on there that I assume are upcoming, and I'm pretty fired up to see what you have put in this next release.

The quickest route may not always be the most fun.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=315

Everything in the wiki, plus things on the first page of this thread plus the new build tree. And the secret project.

Actually what has consumed the most of my time is the build tree. It was an exercise in research. I tried and threw out many different versions before I came up with this latest one.

So can you estimate when you will finish?