Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starcraft 2

Default Re: Starcraft 2

Please calm down
    -scottishranger

Quote Originally Posted by Elrond View Post
    I am sorry - what exactly is the point on discussing star craft if you dont want a forum for it at the Paradox site? - which means because of TWC's gold affilate issue it cant be put anywere.
    Enough with the gold affiliate status. Its irrelevant to the issue right now, it seems to be the only thing you say now, as if you knew what Gold Status entailed or how it would achieved or had some insight into publishers and developers to know what would threaten it.

If you have decided that there will be no other forums at the Paradox site then accept the fact that what appears to be your favourite game will not have a forum or sub forum at either the current or possible site.
    Great, an appeal to personal preferences! Firstly, Kanaric does not decide anything unilaterally; what he is able to do is decide things that are popular in the committee, such as, let's face it, removing you from it which at this point I can't imagine is far off. Secondly, what games we like are irrelevant. I've never played a Paradox game, in fact.

As with agreeing with Prof about not wanting me to start discussions about other games, you seem to be delibratly forgetting your comments on tuesday:
    That was taken completely out of context, which you know, which is deceit, and dishonesty, when Kanaric has shown you naught but respect. The context of discussing other games was as an alternative to Paradox, not as additions to it.

Seriously Elrond, enough of this. Its not constructive. You've already gotten your advice and suggestions on teamwork and behaviour, which you are so keen of ignoring and rebelling as if you had some great experience or success with the alternative. So, since I know how contemptible you are of it, I will not repeat it, I will just give you my view, that to continue such childish and unconstructive behaviour will not be in your favour.
    Last edited by scottishranger; June 08, 2007 at 03:00 PM.
    Count no man happy until he is dead.

Please Professor, let us not resort to flames.

I am sorry - what exactly is the point on discussing star craft if you dont want a forum for it at the Paradox site? - which means because of TWC's gold affilate issue it cant be put anywere.
    Because I think it should be in the CM at the CC and therefore at ALL sites.

You dont understand what i'm saying.

I didn't say there should be no other forums at the paradox site. I NEVER said that. What I did say is that there should be ONE INDEX for all sites, one forum (meaning the ENTIRE thing, not just a topic of conversation) for everything. When you click on "forums" on TWCENTER, Paradoxcenter, Starcraftcenter, it should point to this link:
    www.twcenter.net/forums/

Within that it should contain EXACTLY what you see if you would press it now, except below the TW games it would also have a Paradox Products (with the various games as subforums), possibly Blizzard Products (with its games as subforums), etc.

That OR instead of the other sites pointing to www.twcenter.net/forums/ it would point to:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52

Where it would have Paradox Games, Blizzard games, etc as subforums. I think paradox should be here if and ONLY if they decide not to put it in the main index due to the gold status issue, which I think shouldn't be a problem.

This is where I think the Blizzard games should start out at before it goes to the main index. Until it has its own site it should NOT be in the index but in the CM with its own subforum.

Take a look at the forums now, this is how I think it should be arranged after a potential starcraft site is established
    - designates within the above topic
    Creative Assembly
    - Medieval 2 Total war
    -- medieval subforums
    - Rome Total War
    -- total war subforums
    - etc.
    Paradox Interactive
    - Europa 3
    -- europa subforums
    - game 1
    - game 2
    - game 3
    Blizzard
    - Starcraft 2
    -- starcraft subforums
    - War 3
    -- war3 subforums
    - World of Warcraft
    -- wow subforums
    TW Modding Community Forums
    - modding subforums
    Common Community
    - everything here is the same
    - Circuis Maximus
    -- Blizzard games ( that topic above and all its contents should be here until site is established )
    ----------
    Everything below this line is the same.

That is how I think the forums should be arranged.

My opinion is not the decision but that is how I feel it should be done and I will not change my mind.
    Last edited by Kanaric; June 08, 2007 at 08:54 PM.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

How is that a new site? Its just a domain linking to our current forums.

there are two reasons why this is a bad idea:

1) the forum index is already to big and adding a load more of forums is just going to make it too cluttered and put people off from viewing the lower parts of the forum index.

2) Yet again - the gold affilate issue.

I suggested a good compromise between what you are suggesting and a completly seperate site:

Quote Originally Posted by Elrond View Post
    heres a suggestion

Two different front pages

the paraodx site uses a domain such as paradoxcenter.net which redirects you to a subdomain of TWC - e.g. paradox.twcenter.net - when clicking on the forums button it would automaticly load to the paraodx section of the 2nd part of the forum heirarchy.

the current home page would redirect people to a subdomain for TWC e.g tw.twcenter.net - when clicking on the forums button it would automaticly load to the TW section of the 2nd part of the forum heirarchy.

btw this forum is: Total War Center Forums > The Capitol > CVRIA > Curial Committees > Curial Committee on the expansion of TWC > Initial Objective: Which path should we take?

so imagine that the Paraodx homepage forums button loaded to - Total War Center Forums > Paradox

whilst the totalwar homepage forums button loaded to - Total War Center Forums > Total War

The current forum indexes (Total War Center Forums > ) would just be a choice between entering either halves of the site and would only be seen if someone clicked on 'Total War Center Forums >' whilst they were on the other part the site, because the Paraodox front page would direct users to Total War Center Forums > Paradox and the current front page would direct people to Total War Center Forums > Total War.

All it would require is a purchasing a domain such as Paraodoxcenter.net and setting it as a redirect to a TWC subdomain (e.g. paradox.twcenter.net) and then re arraging the forums organisation as to sperate the seperate parts of the site as much as possible - this would save allot of time for the tech staff whilst making it as seperate as possible, meaning that gold affilate status shouldnt be affected.

Does this make sense?

It would divide the site equaly and keep them seperate unless someone clicked on the first part of the forum directory they wouldnt enter the other halves of the site - thus meaning that the sites would largely be seperate in design etc whilst having none of the problems of two seperate sites with a joint user database.
    This suggestion keeps the sites as seperate as possible whilst keeping them on the same forum - the CC could be added to the Paradox half of the forum by making forums which are redirects to the CC forums in the TW half of the site.

This will avoid forum index clutter and clearly show that the two parts of the site are different, and yes the gold affilate issue is important (I will not stop mentioning it because it underpins what we can and cant do).
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

How is that a new site? Its just a domain linking to our current forums.
    No its not just a domain pointing to forums.

A site isn't the forums. A site would contain articles, downloads, "blogs" etc what you see on www.twcenter.net

www.twcenter.net/forums/ IS the forums and what everyone should have access to.

Sim said that doing "separate indexes" and all these fancy complicated things will be trouble. So every site should have a front page and separate download sections, articles, etc. However there should be ONLY one message board. This is easy, used often on other sites, and it works. Its not "just a domain linking to current forums". Its a COMPLETELY different site but with the same forums. WHICH IS WHAT WE WANT. The forums is what keeps this site alive so why separate everything?

I think until we come to an understanding on this forums issue, one way or another, that we shouldn't submit anything. Its by and large the most important subject for ANY expansion.

Also we need to start saying that a SITE is NOT equal to forums. Forums are part of the site and NOT the site. From the beginning of this committee this has been the problem with wording. The site, front page, news, articles, downloads, etc. That is the site, the FORUMS are just that, forums, its not the site. This all goes down to this discussion of twcenter having to be a "Dedicated site" for gold status. The forums could be about many things, its not compeltely dedicated to tw now. The SITE is what has to be dedicated. It HAS to be twcenter with ONLY Total War downloads and articles. That is what is ment by dedicated site.
    Last edited by Kanaric; June 10, 2007 at 07:29 PM.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

But if both sites have the message board were will the paradox forums be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

it will be a topic in the index, like Medieval Total War 2 or Rome Total War is.

Probably under those are in its own section, like inside of the circuis maximus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12