Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES

Default Re: IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by Sqυιd View Post
    Points 3 & 4. That error you got is because you didn't do the check in 3 and so skipped 4. The only reason you get that error is if BI is not patched to 1.6 (or RTW to 1.5).

3 Check your version of RTW by running Rome Total War (not BI if installed) and looking in the top right of the Options menu
    did that and it said 1.3

4 If your version is NOT 1.5, patch to 1.5 (or 1.6 if you installed BI)
    perhaps i didnt install patch correctly ? im not clear on where the folder with the exe(s) is ?

inside the RTW folder there is - data , bi , miles , saves , temp , preferences folders
    was i posta install to one of those folders ?

thanks for the help

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

The 1.6 referred to in point 4 is not either the RS 1.6 main installer or the RS 1.6a patch it is the BI 1.6 patch and it will install itself automatically to where RTW is installed.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Sqυιd View Post
    The 1.6 referred to in point 4 is not either the RS 1.6 main installer or the RS 1.6a patch it is the BI 1.6 patch and it will install itself automatically to where RTW is installed.
    ohhhh i see , ill start over

that did it , thanks Squid

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Sometimes when I am trying to open your web page it writes than the opening is reset.It happened several times.That is why I couldn't open you wep page for a month or more in the winter and it happened again few days ago,but only one time.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

This has nothing to do with RS, but the site was having issues around Christmas and I'm assuming may occasionally still have them just try again.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

OK,anyway thank you for answering.

It isn't so important but what does mean the icons under the amounts of posts.
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Its Reputation. In the future if you have site related questions please ask them in the Questions & Suggestions forum.

ZenBoy's Avatar Libertus

Hello, I got a Rome Gold version ( German ) . Rome is up to 1.5 / BI is up to 1.6.
    After installing Roma Surrectum 1.6 into c:\program files\the creative assembly\rome TW ,nothing happens to the game at all. It is the normal RTW game. Either I cant find any datas of RS in any folder. The RS buttom is useless, too. ( And I have tried to give it the right direction as you said in the install thread )
    So I tried to install RS in the BI folder. I did a new install of Rome and direct RS to c:\program files\the creative assembly\rome TW\BI . The RS buttom was useless again ( windows said: this direction isnt there anymore and asks if you want to correct the direction ). But now I can find RS datas in the BI folder like " Important Stuff " for example. If I run the game with the BI buttom Roma Surrectum titel picture appears. After that Im back to my desktop. If I run the Rome buttom only the normal Rome games appears.
    Am I crazy?
    Help would be kind!
    Last edited by ZenBoy; April 18, 2010 at 06:12 AM.

ZenBoy's Avatar Libertus

So I tried it again. I did exactly what you say in the install description. It seems to me the shortcut files doesnt work, cause windows cant find the target. Not for Rome and not for BI . And I cant find any file of the mod in the Total War folder...

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

You are not installing RS into the correct location. You need to install it into the location where the game executable is located, this is not necessarily the default install location from the installer.

ZenBoy's Avatar Libertus

Yeah ! It works now ! The problem was like you said the folder! The folder of my version of Rome is called:
    C:\Programme\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War
    Your istaller uses C:\Programme\Activision\Rome - Total War...that simple!

Alexandros I.'s Avatar Ordinarius

My problem is that when I play, the game velocity is nearly twice as fast as the normal. Maybe it's a windows issue but it only happens in RS and NfS Most Wanted.

Default In fact I'm having

Hi. I've installed this mod and I have a weird problem. When I start campaign with the Romans I can't make archers, and I look at the building page, to see wich expansion of the proyectile building will able me to make arches... and found that no one does it! I start campaign with Epirus or the Ptolemaic and I canno't make archers neither, but when I look at their buildings I found that the second expansion of the proyectile building let me to make archers.
    Other weird thing is that the two last expansions for the roman proyectile building make able to recluit exactly the same units... with the same veterany extras.

I tryed with custom battle, to look at the romans units for arches, and just found archers from Damascus, and no other kind of roman archers.

Note: I've Rome+BI+Alexander fully patched, and installed 1.6 and later 1.6a in the main RTW folder, the folder that contains the exes of all the versions, and each one of the RTW expansions folders.
    BTW when I install the mod three icons appear in my desktop, one for each RTW expansion version. Which one I'm supposed to use? The Alexander one, that is the newest?

Perhaps the problem is here:
    You can also add -nm -show_err to the end of 'RomeTW.exe' in your shortcut target. It should look like this:

(RTW)\RomeTW.exe -nm -show_err

If you install this mod into a RTW-BI installation, BI will not longer work correctly. You can run this mod with the BI switch, but because BI shares a number of files with RTW, this mod breaks BI. But if you want to play with BI, install into the RTWBI folder (NOT the BI subfolder), and put this in your shortcut:

D:\Rome_BI\RomeTW-BI.exe -mod: -nm -show_err

If you want to use the BI.exe and NOT play BI since this mod BREAKS IT (don't say I didn't warn you) then just delete the BI folder and the BI.exe will automatically play RTW-RS1.
    Perhaps I didn't understood this well, the RTWBI folder (NOT the BI subfolder) is the main folder of the game, the one that contains the exes and the BI folders?

This stuff about adding things to the shortcut target... I don't understand it well. My English is poor. What is the shortcut target? I see that the route of the three shorcuts that Surrectum puts in my desktop are:

C:\Rome (tw) SURRECTUM\RomeTW.exe" -nm -show_err
    C:\Rome (tw) SURRECTUM\RomeTW-BI.exe" -nm -show_err -mod
    C:\Rome (tw) SURRECTUM\rometw-alx.exe" -nm -show_err -mod -noalexander

Is this? Is ok?

Thank you very much. I'm excited for the chance of play this mod.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Default Re: In fact I'm having

Quote Originally Posted by Cayo View Post
    Hi. I've installed this mod and I have a weird problem. When I start campaign with the Romans I can't make archers, and I look at the building page, to see wich expansion of the proyectile building will able me to make arches... and found that no one does it! I start campaign with Epirus or the Ptolemaic and I canno't make archers neither, but when I look at their buildings I found that the second expansion of the proyectile building let me to make archers.
    Other weird thing is that the two last expansions for the roman proyectile building make able to recluit exactly the same units... with the same veterany extras.

I tryed with custom battle, to look at the romans units for arches, and just found archers from Damascus, and no other kind of roman archers.
    That's the way its supposed to be, rome can only recruit archers in certain locations prior to the imperial reforms. They get more access to archers after imperial reforms occur.

Note: I've Rome+BI+Alexander fully patched, and installed 1.6 and later 1.6a in the main RTW folder, the folder that contains the exes of all the versions, and each one of the RTW expansions folders.
    BTW when I install the mod three icons appear in my desktop, one for each RTW expansion version. Which one I'm supposed to use? The Alexander one, that is the newest?
    Whichever want you want, the only difference is which exe is being used which gives different AI capabilities. Alex is generally considered the best with BI a close second.

Perhaps the problem is here:
    Perhaps I didn't understood this well, the RTWBI folder (NOT the BI subfolder) is the main folder of the game, the one that contains the exes and the BI folders?

This stuff about adding things to the shortcut target... I don't understand it well. My English is poor. What is the shortcut target? I see that the route of the three shorcuts that Surrectum puts in my desktop are:

C:\Rome (tw) SURRECTUM\RomeTW.exe" -nm -show_err
    C:\Rome (tw) SURRECTUM\RomeTW-BI.exe" -nm -show_err -mod
    C:\Rome (tw) SURRECTUM\rometw-alx.exe" -nm -show_err -mod -noalexander

Is this? Is ok?

Thank you very much. I'm excited for the chance of play this mod.
    Don't change any shortcuts, just use the ones that the installer generates for you.

Oh! I thought the Romans can't make archers because I installed the mod in a wrong way. Ok, I see it's everything ok.

About the exes... If you start a game with the Alex exe and then continue with the BI exe... Is there no problem or can I have bugs, CTDs and this stuff?

And just another question. Is there no problem in the AI factions making peace with the Free People of the horse shield, true? And is there no problem in having two Free People's factions, the horse shield one and the trident shield one?

BTW great thing all the Free People stuff. Never imagined something like this could be done in this game.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

You can't switch exes unless its from the RTW exe to either the BI or the Alex exe. It is not possible to switch between Alex and BI in either direction.

Thanks. I'll erase my actual game with the BI exe in order to start a game with the Alex exe, wich I suppose is better.

ithinkitsdead's Avatar Semisalis

Just reinstalled the game, and I was wondering.... why don't I have access to the Unit_Info and Units folders?
    I love this mod TO DEATH, but the governor-general units are something I like to spice up, along with changing a few other units (Pergamum getting the Syracusian Royal Guard, and Syracuse using the same model as Greece) but now....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast