Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lands to Conquer 3.0 : Preview 1 - Hundred Years War Campaign

Default Re: Lands to Conquer 3.0 : Preview 1 - Hundred Years War Campaign

are there going to be irish rebels in ireland?
    - beta tester for Paeninsula Italica

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

are there going to be irish rebels in ireland?
    Well they mgiht appear but Ireland will be entirely under English control at the start.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

finneys13's Avatar *Insert Generic Title*
    Kosice, Budapest, Dublin, other random places

It wasn't totally under English control then, only the 'Pale', ie. Greater Dublin was, could make another region or two in Ireland populated by rebels?

And surely the Italian mod should have more Italian States, you are missing Genoa, Florence, Pisa, Siena, etc., Genoa and Florence anyway probably have as much right to be there as Milan.

Even if you basically used the present Italian roosters, wouldn't be a massive job to do, the units are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    Reconquista: Spain, Portugal, Moors
    only 3 factions in reconquista? spain are all kingdoms less portugal .
    You can include any faction more like Navarra, Aragon, Castilla-Leon , and no faction with Spain name please?
    And the CID playable general?

It wasn't totally under English control then, only the 'Pale', ie. Greater Dublin was, could make another region or two in Ireland populated by rebels?
    No point.

And surely the Italian mod should have more Italian States, you are missing Genoa, Florence, Pisa, Siena, etc., Genoa and Florence anyway probably have as much right to be there as Milan.
    only 3 factions in reconquista? spain are all kingdoms less portugal , you can include any faction more like Navarra, Aragon, Castilla-Leon , and no faction with Spain name please?
    Okay, the plan for 4.0 is to add in new faction introduced in Kingdoms to the Grand Campaign because i do not have time to add in new ones. What makes you tihnk i have time to add in new ones for custom campaigns for 3.0?

There will be no, repeat no new factions or units in 3.0. The campaigns will use existing factions and units.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

Congrats Lusted, another step forward in your own incredible original creation!

These ideas only could be brought by an enlighted brain like yours!

Congrats Lusted, another step forward in your own incredible original creation!

These ideas only could be brought by an enlighted brain like yours!
    Hmmm, there are far too many compliments in those sentences.

You must want something.

Well, what is it?
    Creator of:

fantatstic
    I am personally looking forward to reconquista campagain
    well do we have a ETA for the release???
    :-)

XAR

Gomer_Pyle's Avatar Ducenarius

Hehe...

I really do like your ideas Lusted. Keep to the path you have chosen.

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Hooray! I am most certainly looking forward to 3.0 and on! Great work Lusted and keep it up...before you leave us!

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Thank you guys for your comments, the first post will be updated with finished map screenshots tomorrow.
    Creator of:

Lusted I gotta hand it to you m8...granted I dont agree with alot of your backing about CA, but you do a great job.

Cheers on your job and this mod.

Improved Battle AI. Did you ever look over the post I made about the default values in the battle analyser?

Improved Battle AI. Did you ever look over the post I made about the default values in the battle analyser?
    Yup, that's the kind of thing im talking about. I made a thread about discussion about things like that called Battle AI but no one replied to it.
    Creator of:

DrJambo, I actually did what you suggested, it really does help. There is a vanilla problem though, which is that in engaging with a missile-superior enemy the AI doesn't consider range and whether it is attacking or defending. Meaning, when attacked it should wait until the bulk of the human attacker's forces are within a certain range before closing the distance.

That, of course, has nothing to do with your little tip. It just reveals that problem. What else have you found out?

First post updated with finished map pics.
    Creator of:

Quote Originally Posted by Klink View Post
    DrJambo, I actually did what you suggested, it really does help. There is a vanilla problem though, which is that in engaging with a missile-superior enemy the AI doesn't consider range and whether it is attacking or defending. Meaning, when attacked it should wait until the bulk of the human attacker's forces are within a certain range before closing the distance.

That, of course, has nothing to do with your little tip. It just reveals that problem. What else have you found out?
    Glad you found it some use. It was doing my head in seeing the AI sit and trying to duel it out with inferior missile troops, losing complete units of dismounted knights in the process...

I also found and believe fixed a major issue with low range skirmishing units. I've added all that info to Lusted's Battle ai thread (which I hadn't noticed).

Hehehe. Just been testing the campaign and boy is it tough. Im England, im low on cash, and whilst the French have stopped continuously sieging Bordeaux they have now started blockading my ports and landing diplomats on my soil. The Scots bypassed Berwick and took York, then i lost Berwick to rebellion, and its 1365 and i've only just retaken York. Im currently trying to maintain a large enough fleet to beat back the French, move the elite army under the Kings son Edward up inot Scotland to take them out, and then im going to move that army with reinforcements to Calais, another army to Caen and a 3rd to Pamplona and then Southern France. Im not sure im going to win this one before the end date.

Boy is this campaign fun!
    Creator of:

Lokos great. How do you intend to balance Scotland to make them a viable threat? I imagine that with so much territory already under their control, the English could potentially just crush Scotland by turn ten, if it wanted to.

Also, what role will naval warfare play? With Bordeaux more than halfway across the map from the closest allies, sending reinforcements by sea seems like it will be a major issue...

Lokos great. How do you intend to balance Scotland to make them a viable threat? I imagine that with so much territory already under their control, the English could potentially just crush Scotland by turn ten, if it wanted to.
    Well England has both France and Scotland to deal with. I've found that in my test campaigns Scotland will siege and take either Berwick or York and carry on south and their ships will blockade you. The English have to try and buid up their economy a bit at the beginning as well so money is tight and naval blockades are more of a threat.

Also, what role will naval warfare play? With Bordeaux more than halfway across the map from the closest allies, sending reinforcements by sea seems like it will be a major issue...
    It'll play a big role, with all nations blockading each others prots and attacking each others fleets.
    Creator of:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast