Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lands to Conquer 3.0 : Preview 1 - Hundred Years War Campaign

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Lands to Conquer 3.0 : Preview 1 - Hundred Years War Campaign

Welcome to the first Lands to Conquer 3.0 Preview.

Now some of you are bound to be confused as up until now i've said 2.4 would be the next version, but there has been a change of plans. So there is both an announcement about the new plans for LTC and the preview of the new Hundred Years War campaign. Both are contained within spoiler tags for ease of viewing, though please read them in order.

Enjoy!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Announcement - Change of Plans for LTC

Up until now i have said that i would be working on patches for 2.3 that would focus on slowly refining and improving LTC, and then when Kingdoms came out release 3.0 which would incldue factions and units from it added to the main campaign. This was the plan due to a lack of time i would have from the 18th of June onwards as that is when i start at CA.

Now however, after taking part in a Kingdoms playtesting day at SEGA HQ Europe(confidentiality agreement so can't say anything) and seeing Unspoken Knights CustomCampaign mod i had an idea to help improve LTC without moving away from the enhanced vanilla feel of the mod.

As such, i am combining what i was going to have in 2.4 with new custom campaigns into 3.0, and what i was planning on doing with thigns from Kingdoms will become 4.0.

Some of the main improvements 3.0 will make over 2.3 are(as in on top of everything in 2.3):
    -3 Custom Campaigns: Hundred Years War, Reconquista and Italian City States. All of them will be scaled up versions of part of the vanilla map with new provinces and start and end dates.
    -Hotseat LTC: The 3.0 instaler will set up a .bat and .cfg file that wil allow you to play LTC and the new campaigns in hotseat mode without having to set them up yourselves.
    -Increasing the difference between cities and castles and making castles more worthwile due to various tweaks.
    -Refined battle ai
    -Improved unit balance due to a few tweaks
    -Reintroduced small money script that is tied to campaign difficulty. So the ai only gets a money boost on H and VH campaign difficulties, and more on VH than on H.
    -Tweaks to faction standings so that relations do not decline on H, and on VH they only decline like they would in vanilla H.
    -Brand new loading screens(24), menu background and splash screen.
    -New Byzantine skins will be an option add on for 3.0 for those who want them, so those who don't want them don't have to have them.
    -Plus everything else already in 2.3.

And it gives me great pleasure to preview the first of the Custom Campaigns - The Hundred Years War.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hundred Years War Campaign Preview

First off i'd like to say a huge, immense, MASSIVE thanks to wilddog for making the map. I'd also like to thank Unspoken Knight for letting me use the parts of his mod that allowed the custom campaign setup.

Overview

Featuring a scaled up map with new provinces and more focused gameplay, the Hundred Years Campaign should offer great gameplay.

(notice the edited text colour in the above pic so it now is brighter and stands out more, as well as the new menu background).

The Hundred Years Campaign will start in 1337 when France had taken all of Englands possesions in France apart from Gascony, and when Scotland had recently lost Berwick to the English. Only those 3 factions: England, France and Scotland will be in the campaign. Strong rebel provinces will represent Flanders, Burgundy and Navarre.

England

As you can see Englands victory conditions include holding many specific provinces in both Britan and France. They start out with Edward III as King who is looknig to back his claim to the French throne with arms, and with both Berwick and Bordeaux threatened by strong hostile armies.

Pics of England on the campaign map:

France

The French have thanks to various wars taken most of the English territory in France, and so are in a strong position to begin with. King Philip VI is determined to show Edward how 'rightful' Edwards claim to the throne is.

Scotland

Scotland is a Kingdom in trouble at the start of the game. It has recently lost Berwick to the English and has had to endure puppet Kings. But the true King of Scotland has other ideas, and sees the chance to reclaim lost lands, and perhaps to even see how the English like puppet Kings.

That's all for this preview, i hope you've enjoyed it!
    Last edited by Lusted; June 04, 2007 at 05:30 AM.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Foederatus

Default Re: Lands to Conquer 3.0 : Preview 1 - Hundred Years War Campaign

Outstanding! Vibrating in place waiting for this...

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Sounds exciting. The 100 years war sounds sweet but I'm especially looking forward to the Reconquista custom campaign. Looking forward to future previews.

This looks interesting and fun, I might have to see if I can implement something like this in Renaissance. I look forward to playing this. Keep up the good work.

Black Francis's Avatar -IN-NOMINE-XPI-VINCAS-

Great stuff!

Looking forward to it Lusted.

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

Finally! Great idea! I'm looking forward. Lusted, if you need any information about The Hundred Year's War, PM me I'd be happy to help. I mean: types of mercenaries, developement of the settlements at the beginning, equipement, anything...
    P.S. Is it possible to include forts with garrisons? Because fortresses and castles like Aiguillon or Blaye in Aquitaine, Brest in Brittany were very important during the war.

LOL, the campaign starts in year 1337!!!

Anyway, it's great to see someone focusing on the reconquista!
    And the map textures look really nice, has something been done to them?

Finally! Great idea! I'm looking forward. Lusted, if you need any information about The Hundred Year's War, PM me I'd be happy to help. I mean: types of mercenaries, developement of the settlements at the beginning, equipement, anything...
    There will be no new units or anything like that, the campaign will use the same units and buildings as the main campaign.
    P.S. Is it possible to include forts with garrisons? Because fortresses and castles like Aiguillon or Blaye in Aquitaine, Brest in Brittany were very important during the war.
    Brests in the campaign, though as a town.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

finneys13's Avatar *Insert Generic Title*
    Kosice, Budapest, Dublin, other random places

Are the regions we see the final ones? Think a few more could be added, the map seems quiet empty. Scotland only had two regions for example.

Will play and enjoy none the less.

Are the regions we see the final ones? Think a few more could be added, the map seems quiet empty. Scotland only had two regions for example.
    Yup those are the final ones. The campaign isn't long and keeping the number of settlements low also increases the frequency of field battles.
    Creator of:

How are you going to release the mods? one by one and then with final release put them all together or wait until they're all done and then release them all in one pack.

great ideas and great modding , going to play this for a long time
    - beta tester for Paeninsula Italica

How are you going to release the mods? one by one and then with final release put them all together or wait until they're all done and then release them all in one pack.
    Release them all in one pack.
    Creator of:

another few questions

since the papacy is not a faction, will their still be inquisitors?

also what factions will be included in the reconquista campaign and the italian city-states campaign?

finneys13's Avatar *Insert Generic Title*
    Kosice, Budapest, Dublin, other random places

Actually the Papacy could be a faction, as the Pope lived in Avignon for most of this period, make that city the 'Papal States'.

But as he would be very pro-French, most of his special abilities would have to be disabilited to not disbalance the game.

what time period was the pope based in avignon

correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't this also the same time when three popes were set up ing germany, france, and rome.

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Nice! Lusted cant wait to see what you got coming!

Arksa's Avatar Centenarius

"Refined Battle AI" - I'm looking forward to this. What does it mean specifically? Giving AI some help with handicapping or perhaps better AI formation management? Also they need some help with capturing cities and castles.

since the papacy is not a faction, will their still be inquisitors?
    Nope.

also what factions will be included in the reconquista campaign and the italian city-states campaign?
    Reconquista: Spain, Portugal, Moors

Italian City States: Venice, Milan, HRE, Hungary, Sicily, Papal States.

What does it mean specifically?
    Refinements to the ai formations and battle ai ssettings so it uses cav better and is slightly more agreesive.Only so much i can really do though.
    Creator of:

I would leave Scotland out in the 100 Year War-Campaign. Correcly placed regions for England and France could make the campaign accurate. But Scotland destroys every authentic feeling.

I would leave Scotland out in the 100 Year War-Campaign. Correcly placed regions for England and France could make the campaign accurate. But Scotland destroys every authentic feeling.
    Why? Scotlands attacks on England whilst Kings were away in France was part of the war. It might not have been a big part, but still a fun part of it.

And what's inaccurate about the regions?

Oh and im not changing anything major about the campaign.
    Creator of:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast